Windows 8.1

Users who are viewing this thread

F.F.C._fritz

Grandmaster Knight
So, awright, stupid question.
I just realized the update from Windows 8 to Windows 8.1 is MANDATORY, even if I couldn't care less about the Start menu, tbh.
I wonder, did someone experienced problems updating his pc/laptop to the newer version? Did it gave you issues with games, for example?
Just wondering before updating. Sorry again for the stupid question.

Nothing but good things about 8.1 - I've had no issues what so ever updating to it and have updated quite a few machines.
If someone brings their Windows 8 laptop into work for some maintenance the first thing I do is update it to 8.1.

Just also like to point out that it offers more than just a start button. Simply put - it just works better.

Windows 8 is a horrible piece of crap designed to pander to the only three people in the world who bought Win-OS based smartphones to make them feel like they weren't inferior to other smart phone OS's, and the whole thing should be burned at the stake and the ground then salted to prevent it from ever, ever coming back.

The Win 8.1 update makes the thing tolerable and I've had no problems with it yet.

After the update I had an horribly bogged down performance during starting and booting after restart. After using CCleaner the problem is apparently solved...still, I had problems with older games, like Medal of Honor Spearhead or COD United Offensive, both of which worked perfectly on Windows 8 but are not compatible with 8.1 or has a "buffer overrun" error respectively. I'm using a laptop, may that be a problem? :sad:

Doing a system disk clean-up after the update is also something I'd recommend - as the update leaves a lot of stuff behind.

As for your gaming issues - have you tried running them in comparability mode? I often find that most issues can be solved by using one of the many comparability modes. If you're trying to run a 16bit game on a 64bit system however, that ain't going to work unless you use an emulator.

Back
Top Bottom