Profusely professing your professionalism in you chosen profession.

Users who are viewing this thread

PoisonCourtesan said:
Swadius 2.0 said:
Is it a PDF document?
Yeah.

As far as I know, pdf files have boxes around input areas like that line that users can fill out, or this case draw a signiture with a mouse or a pen device. There should be a tutorial on the adobe website on how to access this and sign it.

As for those 00s I'm not sure what they are. Maybe it's a leftover from the previous template they were using and had forgotten to erase, or ut could be a formatting tool like paragraph anf spacing indicators that was left on when they sent it.

For all of this though, I'd say they just want your signiture. If you are unsure about any of this, it's best to just ask the person who gave this to you what it is you are supppsed to do. The standards that adobe or I use might not be what they are asking.

Teofish said:
Conga-rats on employment in the broadest sense of the word. :razz:
Thank you! :razz:

Swadius 2.0 said:
As far as I know, pdf files have boxes around input areas like that line that users can fill out, or this case draw a signiture with a mouse or a pen device. There should be a tutorial on the adobe website on how to access this and sign it.
As for those 00s I'm not sure what they are. Maybe it's a leftover from the previous template they were using and had forgotten to erase, or ut could be a formatting tool like paragraph anf spacing indicators that was left on when they sent it.
For all of this though, I'd say they just want your signiture. If you are unsure about any of this, it's best to just ask the person who gave this to you what it is you are supppsed to do. The standards that adobe or I use might not be what they are asking.
Yeah I took the most logical guess and just asked him if I signed it correctly and he said there's no problem.

What would that be?

Ot: Applied for a job at a new food place a city over. My experience applies, and they start at 13 bucks an hour compared to the 7.50 I make now. (And I've gotten a raise too) :lol:

Ah that's what I thought you were talking about, gotta do what you enjoy though. Especially when you're actually good at it. And thanks, I'm hoping they hire me too. :razz:

oh right. I'm once again an underpaid intern at a place where I get to push pixels all day. but this time the colleagues aren't nasty tossers, and the provided lunches are awesome. :grin:
and, you know, I get to work in aaaaamsterdaaaaam and to go home to my booooyfriend every day.

Having schooled myself to use the formal way to address people ("Sie" as opposed to "du") when talking to (most) customers and (most) of the profs at work over the last few years*, it feels utterly wrong to say "you" to the one bugger who refuses to speak German. Knowing that's the same word I'll use to call folks from idiots on Teamspeak just doesn't make it feel appropriate. :ohdear:

I know the prof can do it by the way, I've heard him do it a few times already and it's better German than a lot of third generation immigrant Turks speak, but he just... doesn't.

Oh and he once asked why I was able to speak English and complimnted me on my English. And then he said he was asking because "in the US an unskilled worker would never be able to speak French".
Why thank you. That took the edge off of that compliment. :iamamoron:

*which goes against everything I do in day to day live; college and the general sentiment of folks in this area strongly tends to just address everyone with the informal "du" no matter who it is

I realised from an early age I suck at being polite. So I've just trained myself to be charmingly improper instead of downright rude. Seems most people find it refreshing.

Well yeah. I prefer to keep it informal whenever possible.
Yet I'll still say "Sie" to them, otherwise I'd just get shat on from above.
If they say "Du" to me, I'll switch over right away.

And in any case, I'll never stop poking fun at a prof I know will take it the right way and stuff like that. After a while you know how far to push with whom.

Back
Top Bottom