Noldor troops worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Malkav

Recruit
Hey guys, i wonder if i should hire some noldor troops ( i have 2 qualis gems), i already have a ruby rune axe and a ruby bow, i used around 3 potions, and i dont want to create my own order just yet, should i buy more potions or should i hire some troops?

I wouldn't do it.
Rather use them to create new Knighthood-Orders,
e.g. Silvermist etc, or to give your Companions Rune-Weapons as well.

I'm not a fan of troops you cannot effectivly replace.
If you hire Noldor troops, make sure you ask the guy in Elacrai, he gives you more troops for the same price.

Spending qualis gems?! are you mad?

No. stuff them in your pillow along with the other 30 gems you've hoarded.

my precccioussssss

cko takes 500+ days to be useful, so start as early as you can while nothing is going on.

Getting your companions ruby bows is good too.  Super OP

Anonymous said:
Spending qualis gems?! Are you mad?

No. Stuff them in your treasure chest along with the other 30 gems you're fondling consoling through the dark, cold, and lonlely nights in your treasure dungeon because you can´t bear hearing their surpressed wailing and weeping sods.

And if they´re naughty you threat them with mischief and cabbage soup, but one does not joke about such things.

my precccioussssss

Draenor said:
e.g. Silvermist

No.

Silvermists are so bad in the current version (seriously, worse than Ravenstern Rangers, COMMONER FACTION TROOPS) that you may as well just hire Noldor, which would be about 200x more effective even in smaller numbers.

Epicrules said:
Silvermists are so bad in the current version (seriously, worse than Ravenstern Rangers, COMMONER FACTION TROOPS)

I have used Silvermists numerous times they are far better than RRs, in sieges as attackers they clear the walls much faster. The difference in proficiencies (+50 for SM) is the main reason and you can easily spend 5 upgrades. At 450 they go Noldor mode since they rarely miss and you ll see lots of green text in your screen on the left side.

The only advantage RRs have is just the bow, they have worse attributes/stats/proficiencies in comparison to SM.

shoshuro said:
Epicrules said:
Silvermists are so bad in the current version (seriously, worse than Ravenstern Rangers, COMMONER FACTION TROOPS)

I have used Silvermists numerous times they are far better than RRs, in sieges as attackers they clear the walls much faster. The difference in proficiencies (+50 for SM) is the main reason and you can easily spend 5 upgrades. At 450 they go Noldor mode since they rarely miss and you ll see lots of green text in your screen on the left side.

The only advantage RRs have is just the bow, they have worse attributes/stats/proficiencies in comparison to SM.

Proficiency does not add range. at 450 their damage is also just at about even with RRs. They shoot faster, do less damage, has less range and are slightly more accurate than RRs. Until you have 200k+ to sink into upgrades, RRs are better.

Edit:
Oh I forgot, the projectile speed is also slower I think which significantly lowers their accuracy at moving targets. 

But, in contrast to RR Silvermists come with a free shipping of armoured elite halberdiers, that are quite up to par with their Sarleonese counterparts.

bobknight said:
Proficiency does not add range. at 450 their damage is also just at about even with RRs. They shoot faster, do less damage, has less range and are slightly more accurate than RRs. Until you have 200k+ to sink into upgrades, RRs are better.

Edit:
Oh I forgot, the projectile speed is also slower I think which significantly lowers their accuracy at moving targets.

I never said it adds range, also increased proficiencies work this way (from the warband wiki):
  • Increased Damage (when using a melee weapon)
  • Faster Attack Speeds
  • Increased Accuracy (when using a ranged weapon)

Accuracy is the most important stat for archers, you can see it for example with Rogue Knights who use the Noldor bow but with 280 proficiencies they are not killing machines.

Regarding Projectile Speed, i think you mean Missile Speed which is how far the arrow will travel (range), unless PoP team has modified something.

So in general SM are more accurate than the RRs, so more effective :smile:

The RR vs SR debate strikes again. I once posted this about the matter:
Dusk Voyager said:
Epicrules said:
RRs are much better than SRs in terms of equipment and actual battlefield effectiveness, especially considering cost to kill ratio.
Shouldn't be that hard to believe for anyone. There are no significant stat differences between the both anyway, and just having the right equipment can go a long way if a lot of players' experience of Cobra Warriors or Heroine Adventurers' performance is anything to go by.

Also, people insistent on going Noldor usually aren't meant to get more than mere breadcrumbs unless they're soldiers pretty much on par with Hero Adventurers, or the chosen one him/herself, so SRs are probably fine as they are.

I'd rather use them for potions. After a lot of drinking, my character pretty much on par or stronger than almost every troop in the game. I think some of the unique spawns might be a bit stronger, but stats wise, I'm stronger than a twilight knight.

RedDeadFred said:
I'd rather use them for potions. After a lot of drinking, my character pretty much on par or stronger than almost every troop in the game. I think some of the unique spawns might be a bit stronger, but stats wise, I'm stronger than a twilight knight.
You can't go over 63 in any attribute, so you'll never be stronger than those dudes http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Demonic_Magnus  :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom