Full infantry Knighthood possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

started my own kingdom (Aksumite Empire) and I'm gonna start my own knighthood (Aksumite Sarawit, kicked out that lame ass shadow legion in cez and now I need help on makin' a cko any tips would help alot but I want a full infantry knighthood or atleast 1 beast ass infantry unit and got kick ass archer I ****in' hate calv with a passion

This is what it's all about for CKOs! You could try either knight archers or infantry, with sergeants filling the accompanying archer or infantry role. I currently have infantry sergeants with plate armor, axes, halberds, shield and throwing weapons. You could make the knights into uber-archers with plate armor, Noldor bows, one-hander, shield and arrows. Lots of ways to go with this build.

Tell your steward you want to purchase new mounts for your knights, then remove the standart saddle horse, and "boom" your knights now walk on foot.
You will also be able to equip them with new weapons now, sinc you can't buy the siege crossbow e.g. if your knights are still mountet (as the weapon cannot be used on horseback).

Ill have my CKO use war cleavers!  :grin:
I think the thrust attack on swords is very bad for the AI. When two soldiers are fighting in melee, the one that stabs deals almost no damage or at least deals way less than a swing

Flingit said:
This is what it's all about for CKOs! You could try either knight archers or infantry, with sergeants filling the accompanying archer or infantry role. I currently have infantry sergeants with plate armor, axes, halberds, shield and throwing weapons. You could make the knights into uber-archers with plate armor, Noldor bows, one-hander, shield and arrows. Lots of ways to go with this build.
Lol I didn't think to dismount my knights on the inv screen thank you for the info!

Xzayler said:
Ill have my CKO use war cleavers!  :grin:
I think the thrust attack on swords is very bad for the AI. When two soldiers are fighting in melee, the one that stabs deals almost no damage or at least deals way less than a swing
Put my sgts with knight axes, huscarl shields with the full heraldic plate armor will post screenshots when cko is fully made and ready

Flingit said:
halberds in meele clusters suck? or so I tho am I wrong?

Halberd are actually super deadly. Specially vs cavalry. The ai seems to be good enough at stabbing a charging horseman and killing him on the spot. The only drawbacks halberds have is that shields cant be used with it. And in clusterfights its only their length that makes them get stuck everywhere, but the ai seems to be able to hit with massive weapons in a very confined space even when I can't. :neutral:

Infantry only CKO is a good option and especially your Knights will have more chances to survive. My set up (theme is knightly so using related equipment):

Knight:

Black Feather Rounded Bascinet
Heraldic Plate Armor
Hourglass Gauntlets
Steel Greaves

Morning Star
Ancient Engraved Shield
Siege Crossbow
Steel Bolts

Sergeant:

Black Feather Hounskull Bascinet
Heraldic Platemail Harness
Hourglass Gauntlets
Steel Greaves

Morning Star
Heater Shield - Gryphonsword Company
Silver Claymore

BvLw0WE.jpg

shoshuro said:
Infantry only CKO is a good option and especially your Knights will have more chances to survive. My set up (theme is knightly so using related equipment):

Knight:

Black Feather Rounded Bascinet
Heraldic Plate Armor
Hourglass Gauntlets
Steel Greaves

Morning Star
Ancient Engraved Shield
Siege Crossbow
Steel Bolts

Sergeant:

Black Feather Hounskull Bascinet
Heraldic Platemail Harness
Hourglass Gauntlets
Steel Greaves

Morning Star
Heater Shield - Gryphonsword Company
Silver Claymore

BvLw0WE.jpg
jesus thats some nice lookin' knights and sgts!!!!!!!! I would replace the morning stars with axes and shields with huslcarl ones becasue I love them both but ur setup is clean too dude very dope

I found out through trial and error that if you give your guys a one-hander, shield and polearm (like halberds), they have enough sense to pull out the polearm when facing a cavalry charge. Sergeants trained up to WP 300 or 400 with heavy armor, polearms, one handers, shields and throwing weapons are devastating. Especially since they're much cheaper and easier to obtain and maintain thank knights.

A CKO foot knight would be awesome, since you could have WP in the 500 range after a few steward upgrades. Maybe maces, shields, 2 handers and pilums. Yikes!

greatkingdavid said:
jesus thats some nice lookin' knights and sgts!!!!!!!! I would replace the morning stars with axes and shields with huslcarl ones becasue I love them both but ur setup is clean too dude very dope

Thanks, theme is knightly though so no huscarl stuff :smile:

Flingit said:
I found out through trial and error that if you give your guys a one-hander, shield and polearm (like halberds), they have enough sense to pull out the polearm when facing a cavalry charge.

That is correct, i gave my sergeants the ebony knight sword (one-handed) and took 60 of them to a battle. Almost all of them spawned with a shield and they used their two-handed weapon when facing cavalry (works the same for polearms).

Two handed weapons are more efficient vs cavalry and also devastating vs other infantry.

I'm usually more worried about an armored dude with a twohander or a big polearm than about a knight with a lance.
However, the fierdsvainn though they are very good infantry, they are really easy to beat up with archers and cavalry or even just cavalry.

Xzayler said:
I'm usually more worried about an armored dude with a twohander or a big polearm than about a knight with a lance.
However, the fierdsvainn though they are very good infantry, they are really easy to beat up with archers and cavalry or even just cavalry.

On the first charge maybe. Wait till the  berserker reinforcements pop up. Cavalry charges in, wipes out the first wave, berserkers spawn right in the middle and utterly roll over even top tier knights. Seriously, fierdsvain berserker is probably the most cost-to-kill effective unit in the game (tied with assassin) if used right.  I've had a lot of disasters from being overconfident facing a fierdsvain line, and then losing most of my top rank cavalry that took weeks to amass. In that sense I love how in PoP it's actually quite a challenge to gather up decent cavalry, but I digress.

Anyone had a good roll with "legion" style troops? I'm thinking of fitting out my sergeants with 2 broadheads and 1h + shield.

Kushana said:
Xzayler said:

On the first charge maybe. Wait till the  berserker reinforcements pop up. Cavalry charges in, wipes out the first wave, berserkers spawn right in the middle and utterly roll over even top tier knights. Seriously, fierdsvain berserker is probably the most cost-to-kill effective unit in the game (tied with assassin) if used right.  I've had a lot of disasters from being overconfident facing a fierdsvain line, and then losing most of my top rank cavalry that took weeks to amass. In that sense I love how in PoP it's actually quite a challenge to gather up decent cavalry, but I digress.
Right, so you abuse your knowledge of the spawn mechanics, and only hit them when they have crossed the map. This way the berserkers spawn back at the AI start point and you will have again the chance to kill them as they march towards you. I find that this way, berserkers will die easily to the knights as they are still knocked down/knocked about (low mass) and die very fast to anything due to no armor.

It's even better if the AI decides to use formations as the berzerkers will slowly move in formation. OR, even if it just charges, they will be ahead of the rest of the infantry due to being faster. So heh.

Alavaria said:
Right, so you abuse your knowledge of the spawn mechanics, and only hit them when they have crossed the map. This way the berserkers spawn back at the AI start point and you will have again the chance to kill them as they march towards you. I find that this way, berserkers will die easily to the knights as they are still knocked down/knocked about (low mass) and die very fast to anything due to no armor.

It's even better if the AI decides to use formations as the berzerkers will slowly move in formation. OR, even if it just charges, they will be ahead of the rest of the infantry due to being faster. So heh.

Exactly. Berserkers will keep spreading out, which makes extremely easy pickings for cavalry units. You don't big win important battles with f1+f3... usually.

Back
Top Bottom