Votes: 208 37.2%
  • Hard mode only

Votes: 257 46.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwr

This thread is outdated. There will still be a version 0.8, but it will be in a new thread. Information you see here could be outdated/incorrect; though some of it is still accurate. This thread will not be updated.

Video #2 is out!

0.8 will not be savegame compatible.
The only release date we know of is "during 2016"

Changelog:
[Added] Hard mode
[Added] Grund scene
[Added] Leuven scene
[Added] Mines of Leuven
[Added] Custom household troops
[Added] One overarching quest (more to come)
[Added] One homeland to the backstory (more to come)
[Added] Household and noble troops for Bluewood
[Added] Bluewoods now have a castle
[Added] Aroulo Faction
[Added] Five new Custom Battle scenes
[Added] Lore for every custom battle character
[Added] Giants
[Added] New Hakkon Castle
[Added] Cretas Monarchy (city state)
[Changed] Legion troop tree
[Fixed] Village farmer recruitment actually works
[Removed] Prisoner dialogs (too unbalanced)

I'm so happy to see this mod being continued. Make it awesome please Robin :wink:

Thoughts on these?
csJ7G9F.jpg
89zyMi5.jpg
eM3MPHy.jpg

What do you mean top left? Top left of the picture, top left of the entire menu, top left of a different pic, etc.?

I am extremely happy to see this!!!  :grin:

After that depressing "message from devs" thread I cannot express how happy this thread made me... I cannot express my happyness in words but it was something like this:

None are planned, but that question has got me thinking about adding one. So perhaps there will be a new faction. :razz:

Do we need more factions?  The further question is "Do we need more features?"  0.7 (minus the bugs)  is already a great mod.  More features are always nice, but I believe players prefer a bug-free, stable mod to more features atm.  More features mean more bugs, and more workload (possibly more frustration) for the team.  Just my two cents.

Elf said:
Do we need more factions?  The further question is "Do we need more features?"  0.7 (minus the bugs)  is already a great mod.  More features are always nice, but I believe players prefer a bug-free, stable mod to more features atm.  More features mean more bugs, and more workload (possibly more frustration) for the team.  Just my two cents.
That is a good question. But to answer that, we won't be adding more factions (maybe a castle or two). There are still many bugs to fix, and from what I know since I was gone, have no been fixed yet.
Making version 0.8 instead of 0.71 will take more time, but is really in the best interest of everyone.

Michadr said:
Elf said:
That is a good question. But to answer that, we won't be adding more factions (maybe a castle or two). There are still many bugs to fix, and from what I know since I was gone, have no been fixed yet.
Making version 0.8 instead of 0.71 will take more time, but is really in the best interest of everyone.

I'm confused.  Another thread says we'll get 0.71 in the following weekend.

As much as I love new stuff, I have to agree that I would prefer 0.71 waaaay before 0.8 gets released.

0.7 kinda felt like Perisno's redheaded stepchild due to the bugs.

0.71 has already been finished we are still working out some kinks hence why dark robin has gotten a head start on 0.8 im just finishing some stuff up in 0.71

Elf said:
Factions are optional bits that are mainly to fill up the empty spaces on the map. No new bugs are created, except for map lag. But map lag only happens when new parties are added, which I am not doing for this new faction, simply moving them around.

But, ffs. "Do we need more features?" OF course we do. I have played Native. So, when I download a mod, it should change and add ****. Native reskins are horrid pieces of ****, and the day Perisno turns into that is the day I stop playing Warband. We WILL keep adding more features, and 0.8 WILL NOT be simply a rebalance that is slightly less buggy. If you want to play a version with less features (for ****s sake why?) play 0.6. Or 0.5. Whatever the **** you want. But don't suggest we stop adding features, that makes me want to take a sledgehammer to my computer.

The Dark Robin said:
Elf said:
Factions are optional bits that are mainly to fill up the empty spaces on the map. No new bugs are created, except for map lag. But map lag only happens when new parties are added, which I am not doing for this new faction, simply moving them around.

But, ffs. "Do we need more features?" OF course we do. I have played Native. So, when I download a mod, it should change and add ****. Native reskins are horrid pieces of ****, and the day Perisno turns into that is the day I stop playing Warband. We WILL keep adding more features, and 0.8 WILL NOT be simply a rebalance that is slightly less buggy. If you want to play a version with less features (for ****s sake why?) play 0.6. Or 0.5. Whatever the **** you want. But don't suggest we stop adding features, that makes me want to take a sledgehammer to my computer.

Very polite and civilized way to reply to a player's simple viewpoint, i.e. we need 0.71 more than 0.8 AT THE MOMENT.  TYVM!

I am not polite. However, I find that suggestion very stupid. Perhaps you don't know the situation, I will explain. I have the main source code, and have started making the new backstory. While the backstory is surprisingly bug free for this stage in its development, if we were to release the mod as it is now it would be less bug free than 0.7, despite me fixing a couple bugs also. I don't know what Modder223 has done, but 0.71 is pretty much in his hands, unless I do some regression in the code which I am unwilling and very pissed off at the idea of doing.

The Dark Robin said:
I am not polite. However, I find that suggestion very stupid. Perhaps you don't know the situation, I will explain. I have the main source code, and have started making the new backstory. While the backstory is surprisingly bug free for this stage in its development, if we were to release the mod as it is now it would be less bug free than 0.7, despite me fixing a couple bugs also. I don't know what Modder223 has done, but 0.71 is pretty much in his hands, unless I do some regression in the code which I am unwilling and very pissed off at the idea of doing.

Don't you, the development team members, want to communicate with each other before exposing your internal conflicts and misunderstandings to the public?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom