PW dead

Users who are viewing this thread

PW, you know. Has lot of stories.
Nexus, Avalon, Oasis...
New servers, mostly in-experienced take the spots of died servers.
But we aint get no dime further with that.

We only may have a few good servers. Maybe one. But what I've picked up from my experience of running both a EU and AU server. Is that people are never happy, never even respecting the rules, totally no understanding of how to play the game. Let alone run a server for it.

So in that sense its a dead mod. Which is not coming any further.

People are greedy, because everyone wants to have a good running server right?

Maybe a good server to play on:
PW Oasis (pw-oasis.com)

Captain_Conner said:
New servers, mostly in-experienced take the spots of died servers.
But we aint get no dime further with that.
Not sure what the point of this thread is.

Captain_Conner said:
We only may have a few good servers. Maybe one. But what I've picked up from my experience of running both a EU and AU server. Is that people are never happy, never even respecting the rules, totally no understanding of how to play the game. Let alone run a server for it.
You don't need to run a server to know this.

Captain_Conner said:
So in that sense its a dead mod. Which is not coming any further.

People are greedy, because everyone wants to have a good running server right?
Once again not sure what the point of this thread is. We already have enough people playing soothsayer spelling the "end times" of PW without any idea or solution as to how we can avert this fictional crisis. Might I suggest you change your name to Captain_Obvious?

PW is doing fine. 

Everyone always comes back from their breaks. 

probably will remain until bannerlord has some cool mods. 

Many people still play persistent world on pw_nova they get 100 people on my server we get 7 people so its very alive still

What a great history of PW! I must agree, these servers were and are truly remarkable! Dying? Totally, totally dying! These claims can not be argued with, Raven forbids it. Nawh, really? Ugh, i woosh upon thee, utterly useless ranting! If the o'great Pushkin was here this day today.. ugh..

Albert Einstein once said, "I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." It's too bad that a lot of these people are infesting pw. I've played since it first started when I was 11. Of course I started off not understanding the game, got temp banned about 3 times, but then I understood. People didn't treat me like a troll. No one tea bagged my corpse when I died. They simply explained to me what I did wrong, what I should do next time, and if it happened again on accident or out of ignorance, no biggy. They were trying to introduce players to pw, welcome them to it, not treat it like a secret society that only the higher elites understood. Much like a lot of you guys, when I first set my eyes on pw, it blew my mind. If servers never abandon the banking scripts, the player base will never get better. Vornne, the creator of pw even said that he didn't include them in the release because he had foreseen that it would attract negative players. People become too attached to the game, much like phones nowadays, and fail to see the people and rp opportunities right in front of them. He treated it like an arcade game, one that everyone would come back to with a fresh start without having to worry about their past status. I have player owned banks on my server, so that people must interact and collaborate to work things out. All these rules may seem to eliminate all our problems, but all they really do is take away all our chances to rp. The very reason we live today is to solve problems. That's why pw is so boring now and full of war. We have nothing better to do. Imagine if the first human decided that he was perfectly content with how he was living. Nothing would have ever been achieved. The easy way out is not always the best way. Now let me ask you, are you really happy with the way pw is going right now?

RealmHawk said:
Albert Einstein once said, "I fear the day that technology will surpass our human interaction. The world will have a generation of idiots." It's too bad that a lot of these people are infesting pw. I've played since it first started when I was 11. Of course I started off not understanding the game, got temp banned about 3 times, but then I understood. People didn't treat me like a troll. No one tea bagged my corpse when I died. They simply explained to me what I did wrong, what I should do next time, and if it happened again on accident or out of ignorance, no biggy. They were trying to introduce players to pw, welcome them to it, not treat it like a secret society that only the higher elites understood. Much like a lot of you guys, when I first set my eyes on pw, it blew my mind. If servers never abandon the banking scripts, the player base will never get better. Vornne, the creator of pw even said that he didn't include them in the release because he had foreseen that it would attract negative players. People become too attached to the game, much like phones nowadays, and fail to see the people and rp opportunities right in front of them. He treated it like an arcade game, one that everyone would come back to with a fresh start without having to worry about their past status. I have player owned banks on my server, so that people must interact and collaborate to work things out. All these rules may seem to eliminate all our problems, but all they really do is take away all our chances to rp. The very reason we live today is to solve problems. That's why pw is so boring now and full of war. We have nothing better to do. Imagine if the first human decided that he was perfectly content with how he was living. Nothing would have ever been achieved. The easy way out is not always the best way. Now let me ask you, are you really happy with the way pw is going right now?

What's your server if I may ask? I actually like a lot the roleplay.

It's Persistent_Colony. Don't expect to find a large amount of players on it though. Many of the players who come on my server leave immediately once I tell them there is no banking or character saving scripts. I'm sick so I'm playing on it right now though :smile:

RealmHawk said:
Vornne, the creator of pw

:roll:

Honestly in my opinion PW's community has been on a consistent decline regarding the maturation of the community. While in past years discussion was vitriolic, you could at least expect lively discussion and heavy debate, if lacking in civility (as it has always been). The main antagonists back then were rowdy Eastern European gangs of randomers, now it appears that the community has folded in on itself. In prior times the ugliness of the PW community was surpassed by NW, but it is now apparent it no longer holds even that dubious status.

Back
Top Bottom