Suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Amphibious assaults: Move the boat into shallow water before disembarking, fight defenders on the beach as they fire arrows into your struggling troops.  Would be fun to sail into a village or city and loot and pillage.

Greek Fire and other  shipboard weapons would be nice too, such as catapultae and balistae.

Please get one of your team members to fast-track that map revamp. The ship mechanic is so revolutionary that it's a shame to just aimlessly wander the ocean or sail through one of the few tiny Nordic rivers. We should be fighting over inland deltas and exploring islands!

If there was some more exotic geography and more factions had access to a coastline, it'd add a lot to the gameplay of this mod for every version to come. As it is, nobody's ever going to play the Khergits or the Rhodoks. :???:

I play the Rhodoks. They're really underpowered by the way. I think it would help if you increased the speed of the spears or changed their damage from cutting to piercing.

make the ships faster, change the map, the amphibious assault part, add more ships (I SENT YOU THE TRIRREME AND A 3 MAST TRIRREME SO NO EXUSES) And well the catapult is ****ing ugly, make the spears piercing and faster, add admirals for sea commanding rather than the lords, add islands to be sea fiefs, add a sea renown so we can be either a vassal or a captain.
Well these are my ideas.

Piggybacking on the future map expansion, it would be nifty to have some seaborne and riverine trade going on between the factions, both legal factional water-caravans and privateering outlaw smugglers. What's the fun in being a pirate if you don't have some merchantmen to raid? :wink:

That Chinese barge might make a good commerce hauler, and modelling a simple trade barge probably isn't the most difficult 3D modelling task for someone who knows what they're doing.

Also, coding in naval blockades probably wouldn't be too difficult; I'd imagine it's just the same as taking a few lords on land and getting them to siege a city or hang out in one spot, right?

Neptune said:
Amphibious assaults: Move the boat into shallow water before disembarking, fight defenders on the beach as they fire arrows into your struggling troops.  Would be fun to sail into a village or city and loot and pillage.
I definitely plan to do this at some point. I like the idea.

Greek Fire and other  shipboard weapons would be nice too, such as catapultae and balistae.
I'm not quite sure how I would make it work. Do you have any particular suggestions for how it ought to be done?

Sibilance said:
Please get one of your team members to fast-track that map revamp. The ship mechanic is so revolutionary that it's a shame to just aimlessly wander the ocean or sail through one of the few tiny Nordic rivers. We should be fighting over inland deltas and exploring islands!

If there was some more exotic geography and more factions had access to a coastline, it'd add a lot to the gameplay of this mod for every version to come. As it is, nobody's ever going to play the Khergits or the Rhodoks. :???:
I'm on it.

DarkAnd said:
make the ships faster, change the map, the amphibious assault part, add more ships (I SENT YOU THE TRIRREME AND A 3 MAST TRIRREME SO NO EXUSES) And well the catapult is ****ing ugly, make the spears piercing and faster, add admirals for sea commanding rather than the lords, add islands to be sea fiefs, add a sea renown so we can be either a vassal or a captain.
Well these are my ideas.
Faster ships: if they get much faster, the battles will range over the edge of the map.
More ships: please resend the trireme, I lost it.  :oops:
Ugly catapult: check out the new one.
Spears better: I've rebalanced the weapons, check it out.
Sea fiefs, etc: some good ideas in there, I'll keep them in mind.

Sibilance said:
Piggybacking on the future map expansion, it would be nifty to have some seaborne and riverine trade going on between the factions, both legal factional water-caravans and privateering outlaw smugglers. What's the fun in being a pirate if you don't have some merchantmen to raid? :wink:

That Chinese barge might make a good commerce hauler, and modelling a simple trade barge probably isn't the most difficult 3D modelling task for someone who knows what they're doing.

Also, coding in naval blockades probably wouldn't be too difficult; I'd imagine it's just the same as taking a few lords on land and getting them to siege a city or hang out in one spot, right?
I do like this idea. It would be a bit of a pain to code, but totally worth it.

I sent the trirrem togheter whit a triple mast trirreme yesterday, if you lost him  :mad:
I need to remake the triple mast trirreme and retexture the sail off the trirreme since I lost it T.T (deleted the worng folder)
EDIT: Anyone knows how to make a mirror image?
EDIT2: Nevermind got it.

This game was the biggest waste of time I had ever experienced. all I got was killed in two hits, and no men after nearly 2 battles. I could NEVER figure out how to get a boat, and when I did, there was no point, the entire ocean was empty. I checked everywhere. I finally got to a battle between a vaegir and a nord, and all that happened was I stood in a ship and watched the other ships slide over to each other and then people died. finally, a ship came my way, so I stood at the edge and fired my crossbow. the ship goes right through my ship and throws me into the water and I am dead.  where are the muskets and the british ?

liamthespy said:
This game was the biggest waste of time I had ever experienced. all I got was killed in two hits, and no men after nearly 2 battles. I could NEVER figure out how to get a boat, and when I did, there was no point, the entire ocean was empty. I checked everywhere. I finally got to a battle between a vaegir and a nord, and all that happened was I stood in a ship and watched the other ships slide over to each other and then people died. finally, a ship came my way, so I stood at the edge and fired my crossbow. the ship goes right through my ship and throws me into the water and I am dead.  where are the muskets and the british ?

You are the most biggest idiot I'd ever seen. Why don't you try to read someplaces and learn about ship moves and muskets. There is no muskets because this is medieval.
And this mod is under development... And why british?

british own pirates, is why. and games should not have to be read about on the internet before they can be played, they should be a little more self explainatory

liamthespy said:
british own pirates, is why. and games should not have to be read about on the internet before they can be played, they should be a little more self explainatory

"British own pirates"?  That doesn't even make sense.

Um... posts like this are why most of the major mods moved over to MBX, where idiocy is an offense that will get you banned for life.

Posts like this are also why I normally avoid this forum, but I'm making an exception in support of this project (and Peloponesian War, if it ever gets ready).  I won't make a habit of making such exceptions.

Sibilance said:
Well, always refreshing to have you around Ron. I've been a fan for a long time. :>

Good to hear ... but I post stuff over on MBX all the time, as well as making my contact information public, so I should point out that I'm hardly difficult to find.  I'm pretty much always "around".  Just that pretty much all the major mod projects are over there.  (Well, "Peloponesian War" is shaping up to be a major mod, if it ever gets to release state.  It's scheduled to be RCM, but I'm not expected to get the items file until it is near release condition.  Other than that....)

Although, in all honesty, for what should have been a two-minute plug-in job, we've had more trouble getting the RCM working in this mod than I have with major projects.  It's become almost a joke.  If you find any bad bugs in the combat model, do report them ASAP ... it's likely not your imagination, and I certainly won't take it personally if you find any.  I think "disaster" is the word that came to mind earlier....

As far as RCM, I've noticed that the value of a few armors hasn't been changed from what they are in native, while other new ones have.  Khergit guard armor, and the plate and mail sets have way high defense, while other torso armors are just as low as they are in native.  Helms seem to be ok, and I'm not sure about the cloth and leather armors.  I suppose those work.  But when the plate armor is twenty defense lower than plate and mail and Khergit armor, I have to wonder if this was intentional.

Lectus said:
As far as RCM, I've noticed that the value of a few armors hasn't been changed from what they are in native, while other new ones have.  Khergit guard armor, and the plate and mail sets have way high defense, while other torso armors are just as low as they are in native.  Helms seem to be ok, and I'm not sure about the cloth and leather armors.  I suppose those work.  But when the plate armor is twenty defense lower than plate and mail and Khergit armor, I have to wonder if this was intentional.

Did you get the latest version?  Because the version before last had a bunch of problems.  That's what we were talking about.

Well mirathey, I re-made the vaegir trirreme and it becomed better than before
imagemmv6.png

Note: The screenshot got eaten on the botton of the left corner.

Great, now send it to me, please. :razz:
-Mirathei

Mirathei said:
Neptune said:
I'm not quite sure how I would make it work. Do you have any particular suggestions for how it ought to be done?

For the Greek Fire, maybe something akin to the Magic Mod.  For the balistae and catapultae, maybe something like the siege tower, where you need to have men manning it  and it fires at random targets.  That sounds pretty difficult to code, but that's the best I can come up with as of now.

also, how about adding the corvus, a boarding plank to latch onto other ships and let your marines board it.  You could probably modify a siege tower's ladder, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom