Expanding functionality of the Lair

Users who are viewing this thread

Expanding lair v 0.2 beta has been released.

Features:
Lair upgrade->Den
Den is besiegable
Upgrading to a den will let the player start his own kingdom, if he isn't already part of an existing kingdom.
The slave train can be send from any lair or den.
Each Den has the option to build one village. (it starts with 0 villages).
There's an option to decide, how far away from the den the village will be build.  :lol:

Oh, if anyone encounters Ghost, please write me where that happened. Since that means, I screwed up and didn't hide Ghost well enough :wink:

Download: http://1drv.ms/1D91b2S

Installation:
Extract the downloaded .zip file. and paste the content into Warband/Modules/Brytenwalda, overwriting the existings files.

Enjoy

Overall, this v0.2 beta release has lots of rewritten code, which will be the basis for allowing further customization in future releases. It was a major pita to make villages purchasable, without having a ton of weird side effects, like having border incidents with villages, that weren't in the game yet. But now, that that's working, it should be relatively straightforward for me to expand on this.

minh4792 said:
It seems the den is hard to defend. Enemies break through the den easily.
Ranged defenders spawn on the rooftop and in the tower. Hopefully that helps. Otherwise I gotta use a different scene for the den siege.
idads3.jpg

An incomplete list of things, which have high priority atm:

-Give lair, den & village build times, instead of instantly spawning them
-Find a replacement for the den siege scene
-appropriate map icons

Ok, I just tested the ver 0.2 beta. Below are some bugs that I know:
- When I change the lair's name, the lair is still name My Lair, but the name of Castle/Town where I just visited before I establish the lair is changed. For example, After I was out of Lundenwic, I establish the lair and rename it to Dragon Lair, but Lundenwic is changed to Dragon Lair instead of My Lair.
- When I expend the lair to den, chamberlain and constable disappear.
The ghost faction is the neutral faction right?. Since, I see it in a border incident trigger "people in IVXXXX village...bla...bla...neutral can make war with (faction name)."
In my opinion, we just can make only 1 den, but the den can be expanded to town. Den has 1 village, town can has 2 villages.

minh4792 said:
- When I change the lair's name, the lair is still name My Lair, but the name of Castle/Town where I just visited before I establish the lair is changed...
Good catch. Fixed.
Simple workaround for now is to visit the lair first, then rename it.
minh4792 said:
- When I expend the lair to den, chamberlain and constable disappear.
This is by design. If you wait a few hours, the diplomacy script will let you hire the normal constable and chamberlain. I didn't want the basic constable/chamberlain and the normal constable/chamberlain both show up at the den.
minh4792 said:
The ghost faction is the neutral faction right?. Since, I see it in a border incident trigger "people in IVXXXX village...bla...bla...neutral can make war with (faction name)."
Fixed.
Neutral and ghost are different factions. Somehow my script to assign the villages to ghost faction got deleted o_O
minh4792 said:
... the den can be expanded to town. Den has 1 village, town can has 2 villages.
That's a great suggestion.

Hi, Thanks for making this. I downloaded the files and placed them where they are supposed to go, but I having some problems. When I build my lair, it becomes a army that roams across the map. I tried this twice, same problem. Anybody have the same problem?

Are you using Brytenwalda 1.41 and started a new game? v 0.2 beta is no longer savegame compatibie. The initial thread hadn't been updated to reflect that. Sorry about that.

Fire_and_Blood said:
Are you using Brytenwalda 1.41 and started a new game? v 0.2 beta is no longer savegame compatibie. The initial thread hadn't been updated to reflect that. Sorry about that.

No problem, thanks for creating this. I just started playing again the other day and noticed your work on the lair. It should give the game a more re-play value. I start a new game in a few  :grin:

I finally got it to work  :grin:. I had to put the first download 1.2 in the files and then override every file with 2.0. One file is missing in 2.0. Thanks, so far everything is working out fine.

Hi again  :grin:, was wondering if everybody has the same problem that I have? I can't recruit any peasants from the two villagers that I made and I can't see the lords of the Dens that I gave to lords when I visit them at the den. The second Den I build I gave to a companion and he went there and never came out  :cry: Also don't know if it was the problem or just the way the second Den looked, but it was like it was squished together?? 

Was wondering if you can release source code or a Modmerger version? My version of Brytenwalda  has a lot of little tweaks I have made in the Module System, but I would sure like to add your improvements.

Ivan Khan said:
Was wondering if you can release source code or a Modmerger version? My version of Brytenwalda  has a lot of little tweaks I have made in the Module System, but I would sure like to add your improvements.
No. I forgot to make backups of the module system. The only version I have is with a bunch of experimental stuff added, which unfortunately causes quite a few bugs, so it's not playable.

Fire_and_Blood said:
Ivan Khan said:
No. I forgot to make backups of the module system. The only version I have is with a bunch of experimental stuff added, which unfortunately causes quite a few bugs, so it's not playable.

Oh well, thanks anyway.

Recruiting companions for the minister position is not working in "My Den" upgrade. Tried this a few times with no luck no matter what I try. In companion reports it states "says such and such is acting as your minister" but he never appears. Even waited for a month in game, no dice.  :sad:

That is an oversight on my part. When entering the den, the code only checks, if the minister should spawn, I didn't consider, that the minister can be replaced by a companion. In other castles/towns, the companion minister should spawn properly.

Fire_and_Blood said:
That is an oversight on my part. When entering the den, the code only checks, if the minister should spawn, I didn't consider, that the minister can be replaced by a companion. In other castles/towns, the companion minister should spawn properly.

The problem is that a minister never appears even if you don't select one of your companions to fill that spot. It is a great submod however and thanks for your work on this.  :mrgreen:

Is this compatible with either the 0.5 Realism submod or the 1.02 Repolished mod ?  What about TweakMB ?

Rather optimistically I tried Bretynwalda 1.41, Repolished, Lair mod and then ran TweakMB to fix up a few things (combat waves primarily) and now M&B wedges at startup.  I really like the idea of the Lair so I'm willing to forego some of those other mods if necessary but if you know it works with any of the 3 I'll use them.

Belthize said:
Is this compatible with either the 0.5 Realism submod or the 1.02 Repolished mod ?  What about TweakMB ?

Rather optimistically I tried Bretynwalda 1.41, Repolished, Lair mod and then ran TweakMB to fix up a few things (combat waves primarily) and now M&B wedges at startup.  I really like the idea of the Lair so I'm willing to forego some of those other mods if necessary but if you know it works with any of the 3 I'll use them.

Well certainly 1.41 + TML 1.21/1.22 + 0.5 Realism and the Lair mod fails in fascinating ways.  Troops are a bit borked so in the starting screen the merchant was replaced with a novice fighter who of course had no dialogue so I had to kill that game and start over and thenlet myself die to get passed the canned scene.

It seems to work after that but when you actually spawn in the game  the map is seemingly randomized in terms of what faction owns what cities and castles in addition to troop issues.  Factions are spread all over and I started off owning Temair and Cochlair.  The Welsh own bits of Scotland, Ireland and Yns Manaw migrated to Caer Luit Coyt (plus many other oddities).

My minister in Temair is a Bonhedddwr who doesn't really seem to understand his job.  He certainly doesn't grok assigning fiefs. I may have to kill him.

I met Cyning Eabald Aehtelberhting in the Great Hall of Temair and he thought he was a companion so he of the Level 58 skills joined me for a paltry 100 Scillingas.  I fired the Bonehead and replaced him with Cyning.  He at least knows how to assign fiefs. I considered playing for a while just to watch the faction carnage but there's really no point.  Within a few days its a pretty steady stream of red text error messages.

Anyway I suspected it wasn't going to go well but worth a try.  The realism mod has hard coded changes to 3 .txt files and there was just to much to try and merge so I let it over write the lair expecting the worst.  Too bad I like the changes in that mod but I'm more interested in this one so I'll just have a go at 1.4.1 + TML + lair.

BTW, not asking for a merge (though I wouldn't complain) just replying to my own post that it doesn't work so well with either submod (polished 1.02 + lair just crashes).

Has anyone got a non dead copy of this mod on their pc? I always enjoyed playing with it but sadly the download links have been dead for a while.

I'd like to see that.
If there is no source code behind it it's probably dead.
I have active source code up for Brytenwalda Reworked.
The mod sites have the old Brytenwalda source up.
However, Reworked includes all the TML changes.

I've already revised most of the lairs in the mod to different degrees.

Back
Top Bottom