Learning from my mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Censored69

Regular
Preemptive apologies if this counts as spam.

So I don't want to call this and AAR as most Mount and Blade AARs are these awesome well written stories and this is more of a progress thread. I'm going into Pendor with very little experience, practically no knowledge of tactics and the reaction speed of a blind dog. I'm creating this thread as a way to hold myself accountable to the adventure and possibly get feedback from the community telling me how stupid I'm being and how to be less stupid. I'm also hoping the thread might help other incompetent folks before they out themselves as incompetent. I normally play M&B on 60% difficulty.

5WEeZx.jpg

For my Pendor adventure I've bumped it up to 104%

qH2WrH.jpg

I like my character being able to take a couple of hits. For this run I will be using both lance and sword without a shield so the directional blocking and manual lance control will affect me.

Think of this thread as 1 part progress report, 1 part tips and hints and 2 parts me crying about getting wrecked repeatedly. As of creating this thread my character is level 7, I'm about 5 hours into the game and I have been taken prisoner 3 or 4 times already. I've also ran away from about 70% of my battles. Off to a fantastic start.

9DRV7O.jpg

Things I have learned so far.

- Manual lance control is incredibly easy and increases the difficulty percentage way too much for what it is.
- Recruits are pretty much useless unless they have massively overwhelming numbers.
- Stones just sort of bounces off guys dressed in chain mail.
- It's okay to cry yourself to sleep.
- 1 low level, skilled player on a halfway decent horse is worth about 20 mid tier AI infantry. I am not a skilled player.
- Axes hurt.
- So do swords.
- And crossbows.
- Everything hurts. Give up the soldier's life. Become a farmer.
- When in need of money the arena is an infinite, albeit slow, source of cash.
- Starting out in Fierdsvain was a terrible idea.
- Run from everything.

These are the battles I remember losing.

My first loss was to the red brotherhood band. There were 13 of them. I had 16 recruits. I began the battle by having my recruits hold while I rode circles around the enemy and took pot shots with my crossbow. I ended the battle in the fetal position. Before escaping them the bastards stole my horse. My second loss was against a group of Vanskerry raiders where I once again overestimated the capabilities of my ragtag band of villagers. It was a 2 to 1 ratio in my favor. I had gotten a new horse by this point and was confident I could take these guys. They went through my recruits like butter. Then they went through me like bread. Fortunately I managed my escape before they took anything important this time.

Apparently it took a third whooping for me to learn my lesson though. Vanskerry raiders again. I had 27 men, two of them foreign nobles, the rest various recruits. There were eight raiders. I figure there's no way I can lose. Unfortunately the map was very hilly, making it hard for my lame horse to get up to lancing speed. So instead I ride circles around the enemy taking pot shots with my crossbow. After taking out 2 I have my recruits charge. My 25 recruits and 2 nobles only manage to bring down 1 raider. ONE RAT FRAGGING RAIDER!!!! No problem though. I figure I can handle the rest. Long story short the battle ended with 25 dead recruits, 2 dead foreign nobles, 7 dead raiders and 1 unconscious player.

I am now spending the bulk of my time in arenas trying to scrounge up enough denars to hire mercenary bands. And screaming in frustration a lot.

- try not to hire strong mercenary from tavern since you might get into financial problem...
- try not to do arena for money. Normally, they are for weapon proficiency source for low level.
- Start in Ravenstern or The Empire...
- Trainer and Leadership are very important for your character.
- Looting is for end game.. save some points.
- don't get Trade, Persuasion, First Aid and Tracking  for your character.
- Get less : Shield, Power Throw (except you want to throw things much), Horse Archery (never more than 4 to 6), spotting, path finding, Inventory management Prisoner Management  for your character.
- There is something called qualis steroid. It increases all stats, if you want to try-hard you can go for pure int when you are level up.
- get companions, 1 goes pure STR (Ironfresh, 2 skills from Power draw, Power throw and Power strike, 1 goes pure AGI (Riding, Athletics and Horse archery) and 2 for INT (Path finding > Trainer (both INT must have) > Surgery = Engineer > Tactics > First Aid > Wound treatment > Spotting)
- 2 factions will get eliminated, 3 will fight but only one will stand in the end.
and last thing...
Expect yourself to spend more than 2 million denars in this mod.
These above should cover a good path ...

below this point are such spoilers...
So, have you actually played a legitimate playthrough of PoP or are you just pulling this advice out of thin air?
Which ones?
Umezawa said:
Yeah not really agreeing with zeldata's advice there.
Hiring Mercenaries from taverns is a solid way to get some mid-tier troops early on.
I forgot to write that it is about high level mercenary such as hero...
Umezawa said:
Iron Flesh can make a huge difference, I wouldn't recommend ignoring it unless you plan to play very passively in battles.
Prisoner Management raises your chance to capture enemy lords and unique Spawns after battle. It is very important.
You are right. He is playing on 1/4 damage to player setting... I always play on 1:1 and if I get hit, the next several hits always come and I need to move/dodge with riding or athletics or get down.
Prisoner Management: you can just reload the game to make the value randoms itself again if they are not captured. Let them go instead of gems is such a waste.. I had only 4 points in this, still, could capture them so often.
Umezawa said:
I generally get Strength Agi and Charisma to 18 first and then start levelling int while using at least the first 3 Qualis Gems to get stats. This will allow you to level all Str Agi and Charisma Skills to 8 which is generally enough. You'll be able to get some of them even higher with books and achievements.
I don't think he can beat unique spawn easily... + unique spawns spawn rate is not high ... lords + king will eliminate them. The achievements will required many hours of gameplay... he just starts so I think it is better to max out some skills to use right now or just let the companions have it.
Updated: These are some reasons, not all, why above lines work... I am not sure if you consider them as exploits, cheats , tricks, tips, better gameplay, spoilers or other things relatively. If you see this and are interested, you may click *spoiler.*
Tavern mercenary
First, the mercenary from tavern, in this mod, they are not that great worth your denars. They eat denars more than their skill status which pay denars back to you compared with commoner troops.
The key of this line is if you can make 2+ villages into troop factory, you can just swarm enemies with recruits by choosing appropriate enemies, terrain (hill) by going close to the edge where you can check battle field roughly by going to camp menu and take a walk. Some recruits will die, the rest will overwhelm enemies. If they kill enemy, they will get xp and are ready to be promoted. At this point here, Wound treatment will kick in, to be recovered again, gather more recruits and spam the way through.
Mercenary normally will eat more denars than normal value. The different between non merc. and merc. are using in getting additional recruits. You get more number of attackers per 1 opponent, more overall hp, less wages and many other advantages.
This swarming way might not work on a few mod which base wage value of mercenaries is low and their skill status are high.
There are more thing you should know.
1. When swarming them, try to have more in number, 2x more than opponent number is a good idea.
2. you can hold F1 button to choose specific location for your troops.
3. you can click backspace to see the map of battle field.
4. J button is for forming rank which has 3 rows and infinite columns. However, you can click Ctrl+J to stop a horse you ride immediately, it seems when the mod was developed, devs did not realize.

Arena
The second is arena.
Normally, you should not do it above 100 to 130 weapon proficiency points. The main reason is it is there are something better. To upgrade weapon proficiency points you need Weapon master skill and you can easily get them from siege defense. When you do siege defense you can retreat before the enemies will stop spawning, this will simply force enemies to attack town/castle again and die again.
a town or castle with ladder is the best case since killing them is easy job. you can use range weapon shoot enemies on ladder or using long range melee weapon (usually 200+ range) to attack the enemies where ally melee units are in cluster.
With siege defense, your level will likely to go up more than 20 in no time, also, your weapon proficiency.

Ravenstern or Empire
-Start in Ravenstern or The Empire.
I think others did explain why they are so good. An additional thing is The Empire can counter Revenstern archer to some degree.
When you try to promote the unit, for example, Ravenstern unit, when they are almost at top tier, e.g., Ravenstern warden, it cost only 20 denars per week, on level 20, 4 power draw, not bad archery weapon proficiency and good hp, when you upgrade it, its level is 40, 6 power draw, 350 archery weapon proficiency and good hp but the wage is unreasonably much higher than before! make sure you upgrade them when you need them to fight in an important ones, such as fighting unique spawns, defense castles/towns or something that will affect your currency badly.

Trainer and Leadership is important.
The key here is your character will be the highest in level in your party sooner or later. Trainer will make your village factory loop becomes much faster, more profit, they will grow and die fast while you get denars.
Leadership will affect you, you will need 8 points in it at least, it also affects base party size (Generally 15 men x Leadership level) 1 point comes from when you make your kingdom and the last comes from a book.
For trainer, I suggest you to get at least 7, even though there is an achievement but the time to get it is very very long (considering you need to study or work)
other +2 will come from a book.
Actually, there are wound treatment and Engineer that you should max it as well on your character even though they are not important as trainer and leadership, since you usually are the first hero (6% hp and you can use party skill) to be able to use party skill when finishing some hell fight, you should max them so you can ready for the next fight such as another waves of another campaign warband from other nations.
Engineer is the same, you may want to siege castles/towns quickly before their reinforcements come to get you, they will assemble an army to get you once you start the siege (build a ladder or tower) if they are not in campaign.
Looting
They are some super stuffs in late game which gives you good amount of denars, however, to be compare it to other mods, it is not high enough to be something that is needed but it still helps.
no trader, persuasion, first aid, tracking.
Obviously, they are something better to do... actually it is the same for ironflesh but since you play on 1/4 damage, ironflesh may help. Generally, ironflesh will be better if it is used on your troops since many will get benefit from additional hp both in auto-cal battle(order them to attack) and charge enemy battle.
Get less, shield, Power throw,...
First is shield, the noldor shield in this game which is really good just require 3 points in shield. Normally if the devs really care about the shield, some shields must require 6 or more points in shield. Power throw is the same as shield.
Horse Archery: 5 or 6 will do a good job, you don't need to max it.
Pathfinding: Actually you should get some points, probably, 3 or 4, because if you lost a fight you may be the last who can use party skill and it helps in running away.
Spotting: have some points is a good idea. the reason is the same as pathfinding.
Inventory: you may  feel that you need it extremely if you capture a castle first instead of a town. but to be compared it to other skills, many skills are better.
Prisoner management: when you beat the hero with % hp you can capture them if (in this mod) they have 15% or more by 40% + 4% x Prisoner management. However you can manipulate the battle, click retreat to force them to fight against you again or retreat to leave and come again if hero hp doesn't reach 15%, by doing this, you can increase the opportunity to capture them.
- Qualis steriod, game breaker.
- 1 full STR and 1 full agi companions
are for custom knighthood order which is a group of knights and sergeants that will copy the stat from your companions. STR and AGI can be bought but it is very expensive.
- 2 faction will get eliminated...
On my 6 games, 1000+ days each, the most dominating situation is there were only 3 nations left fighting for a long time (I did not play after that, too long)

Finally, money...
The key of money is player's level, higher level = more number of everything.
For now, level 7, the easiest money for you is mercenary wage from kingdom. You can be mercenary when you have about 25 renown or more and when you get it you can spam units to be almost fully promoted troops (such as armored axe man or Ravenstern warden), due to low level and high number, you will get nice profit from that nations. Furthermore, if you join in the lords' fight, you can capture the lords and ransom them (This is such a great way to earn money and a quick path for your first enterprise). You should ignore honor and some villages at start (which you are sure that it is worth) relation points to increase your denars to buy enterprise as fast as possible. Once all 18 enterprises are bought, a game will be much easier.

You finish reading? do not forget to check background stories, some do help.

Yeah not really agreeing with zeldata's advice there.

Hiring Mercenaries from taverns is a solid way to get some mid-tier troops early on. Trainer is important but you will be able to get up to +5 to it from books and achievements so don't raise it above 5. It's always a good idea to invest some of your companions points into training.

If you don't want to play a int char yourself, get two low level companions (I mostly use Ansen and Leslie) to be your brainiacs. Getting High Party Skill Levels in Surgery, First Aid, Wound Treatment, Engineering, Tactics and Pathfinding is very important. Spotting and Tracking are less important but don't hurt either.

Iron Flesh can make a huge difference, I wouldn't recommend ignoring it unless you plan to play very passively in battles.
Prisoner Management raises your chance to capture enemy lords and unique Spawns after battle. It is very important.

I generally get Strength Agi and Charisma to 18 first and then start levelling int while using at least the first 3 Quali Gems to get stats. This will allow you to level all Str Agi and Charisma Skills to 8 which is generally enough. You'll be able to get some of them even higher with books and achievements.

Well,

first of all, don't lead recruits into battle. There is a reason PoP features a pre-set "Fodder" group for some troop types. Get some trainer points, do trading and hire some high level companions with trainer (Sir Jocelyn, e.g.), so you can get the recruits up to some reliable mid tier sword-and-board infantry or archers/crossbowmen.
Empire troops are very helpful in the beginning. The second inf tier (light inf) often sports throwing spears which can do lots of damage even to armoured opponents and all of their ranged troops, starting from tier 2 have crossbows which pack some considerable punch.
Do village quests for the Empire villages to gain honour and ensure a steady supply of recruits there.

Concentrate on brigand bands, looters and mystmountain outlaws (not mystmountain barbarians) in the beginning. They consist mostly of badly armoured bandits and the like and aren't as hard as vanskerries etc.

Tavern mercenaries are a very good choice in the beginning as they provide quick mid-tier support.

And finally, don't listen to zeldata's half-baked "advice".

I would say you are putting too many points into iron flesh and power strike.  You probably want to use your (cross)bow more and avoid any melee other than ride-by's.  Recruits do suck, I'd recommend hiring some sell-swords and other cheap mercenaries to stiffen them up.  You could use more points in trainer and pathfinding (so you can run away from scary parties), and you don't need all those points in looting.  I'd recommend starting over in Ravenstern.  You won't have lost that much, and can maybe pick other options for your character.  What did you pick by the way?  I tend to pick Mysterious Figure/D'shar chiefton, Merchant, Scholar/Trapper, and then wanderlust.  That gives me a good spread of skills enough to get started.  Then you need to focus on beating up those white outcast parties.  You can outclass those.  Vanskerries not so much, just like Singalians, Snake cult, Heretics, Rogue Knights, and especially the Jatu, the Noldor, and Adventuring Parties.  Avoid those until you have multiple top-tier troops, either faction, mercenary, or rescued.

Thanks everyone for replying. I feel I should note a couple of things. First off I won't be restarting. I am a chronic roller. If I let myself restart once I will never stop. Secondly, that Looting score was given to me at character creation. You'l notice I only have an 11 in Agi. Which means, mathematically speaking, that I can't have more than 3 in Looting. Yet I do. Lastly, I won't be doing any save scumming. I want to get better at playing the game, not better at exploiting it.

This isn't a full update so I don't have any screenies to toss around but as of right now I have put some points into Trainer, as all of you have advised. I also got a semi decent band of mercs together that scare away most of the nasties and when last I quit I was slowly making my way towards The Empire to work on building some soldier farms at their villages.

@Zeldata: The arena was kind of my only option for money at that point. Also spending a ridiculous amount of time in the arena has helped me get used to the directional blocking. I still find it a bit awkward and sometimes non-responsive but I am far better at it than I was when I started. Based on my experience so far I'd say that the arena is a fantastic way to build up some early cash, train your proficiencys and hone your personal combat skills.

@Umezawa: I'll keep an eye out for Ansen and Leslie. Also I've got a bit of time before it becomes an issue but thanks for the advice regarding prisoner management. I'll definitely try and get that up before throwing down with the big dawgs.

@Iskar: I was definitely starting to pick up on most of this a couple defeats into the game. Regardless you mention that empire troops are great early game. Do they pack the same punch late game or should I look to other nations later on?

@Omeganaut: I was just thinking that path-finding would be useful. Now that I have a decent sized and trained party put together it'd be nice to be able to chase down smaller outlaw bands while out running that larger, more powerful ones. I believe my starting options were noble merchant ship captain, hunt in the wilds, Barclay university and the lure of gold. I could be off on one of those. I can tell you I didn't attempt to min/max my origin. I just put together something that sounded like a cool back story to me. Maybe not my brightest move but I'd also argue that it isn't the dumbest thing I've done so far.

Ok, if you are gonna stick with this character, then I won't worry about character creation.  That doesn't seem like the stupidest character ever, as you still got a spread of skills.  I'd still recommend going up north, as Ravenstern (excepting Jatu parties wandering up to Poinsbruk, save that town for last) only has mystmountain raiders in addition to the universal bandits, and mystmountian raiders are generally weak, although avoid any berserkers and anything to do with Wolfbode.

I'm gonna give you a quick explanation of the common soldiers in each faction (there are nobles, but they are recruited from castles that you own personally, so a ways off).  Fierdsvain has excellent axe-wielding infantry and decent archers that are great at melee.  Empire has the only crossbowmen, which are good, and adds infantry with throwing spears that is good against cavalry.  Sarleon is kinda meh, they have decent archers and infantry, but nothing at the level of top units in other factions.  D'Shar have excellent swordsmen that are hard to train supported by ok archers and horse archers.  Ravenstern has probably the best overall common soldiers.  Their infantry trains quickly and you can have a lot of good ones easily, even if they aren't the best on the map.  You can also upgrade into horsemen, who are kinda fragile, but they are there as supporting cavalry.  Then you have the archers, which are some of the best units IN THE GAME(massed archers are op in this mod).  Not only are there awesome foot archers, but they have horse archers too.  Best of luck.

Just keep in mind that stuff taken off you after a defeat is usually retainable if you defeat the same party a bit later.
So no need to rage if you lose your precious armour to the last surviving vanskerry. Simply hunt him down and kill him afterwards.

I don't know about everyone else, but I've almost always started with a short half-hour arena binge followed by the recruitment of either half a dozen Melitine Lancers if I go horse or half a dozen Highlanders/Barclay HF if I go foot.

Oh, and I wouldn't bother with Vanskerries. Like at all. Too uneconomic - they can do heavy damage to *Order Knights* FFS.

@ IF:

I've been prospering in the last two 1000+ days games with no point in IF except for that +1 from beating a Snake army. Point being, an additional 20 points of HP won't actually help you all that much. It's the difference between one siege crossbow bolt/Berserker axe/bumpslash to the face and two. When it comes to such killers as CL, +800% Jatu lance or Noldor arrow in the knee face (91 damage. When I was galloping AWAY from them), no amount of IF is going to save you.

Meanwhile, those ten points can grant you, among others:

- A virtually immortal army. (10+4 Surgery)
- A literally immortal companion troop that can AT LEAST trump an equal number of Order knights AND KEEPS COMING BACK (10+4 First Aid). Also if you don't gets knocked out and/or get reduced below 5 HP, you are virtually immortal yourself in long-winded battles like a spawn battle.
- Not be so terribly disadvantaged when besieged by a ROFLSTOMP full-kingdom campaign (10+4 Tactics) (Actually, you'll only need 6. The other 4 comes from book+achievements).
- The ability to outrun anyone and catch anyone you wish, while on foot, no less! (10+4 Pathfinding).

Are any of these benefits worth the 10 points? Hell yeah.

Most importantly? lrn2appreciatethemelitemercenaries. They will baby your sword-fodders AND win you battles AND look totally badass doing it.

I normally get 3-5 IF but no more, because IF is a diminishing return skill.  Many other skills such as wound treatment and pathfinding are diminishing return (but pathfinding is super useful regardless)  For example going from 9 wound treatment to 10 is 10/190 or about a 5% increase only.

Increasing return skills are training, surgery, first aid and maybe a few more.  At low levels, those skills are barely noticeable, but at high levels they're game changing.

I normally start off with a blunt lance, a strong, fast horse like a deer horse, 1-2 shields and go lance vaskerries for easy profit and experience.  run around them a few times first until they run out of axes to throw.  Since they will be chasing you, you can pick flat plains to engage.  If the battle map sucks, you press tab to leave battle and choose between three maps to fight in.

I agree that IF is waste of points. On full player damage, it marginally affects your character's survivability, and on fraction, what's the point? Better yet, just don't be hit. It's a nice skill, but there are so many other ones to shore up.

Also, considering qualisteroids, it's best to pump str and agi no higher than 12, and from then all into int. I made the mistake of leveling my str up to 17 and now I'm sorta regretting it.

BUT

If you want to roleplay a man-Daemonicmagnus on 1/4 PD, go ahead put points in IF. Seriously, I won't look down on you.

Also why are people badmouthing zelda's tips? They all seem fairly sensible to me.

Hi, I couldn't resist commenting here. Although I'm a cheater, I do play with high difficulty settings (its contradictory, I know) and have high knowledge on warband and have experience with pendor as well, not too much but enough to give you tips.

Zeldata's advice is good I don't see anything bad with it.

My tips with characters:
- Use two handers and bows! In my opinion and experience, lances are a bad player weapon. The initial couched charge is very effective, killing any high level troop in on shot, but then what? You have to go further, turn around and then charge again, instead, you could take a two-hander and kill like 5 times more enemies in that time. Two-handers can deal a lot of damage and have long reach, specially the rune weapons you get for qualis gems.
Bows are also really strong in this mod (Rune Bows). I see your character has horse archery 3, HA 4 is already enough to deliver pretty accurate shots. My char has HA 6 and my bow's accuracy is the same on a running horse than when I'm standing.
Damage of bows, unlike with crossbows, can be increased significantly by Power Draw, making archery at high proficiency and Power Draw way faster as well as deadly.

A bit of Surgery/wound treatment is always useful on your char, BUT, a companion could easily do the same. Ansen is a very good example of this, he is free to hire and has low level so is highly customisable. Just put all his points into int and you'll soon have an excellent medic that has path-finding, and engineering as well (Surgery should be a priority You'll lose barely any troops). I advise your char to be battle focused and have good charisma, if you quickly get your Leadership to 8, you can get it to 10 with an achievement and a book I believe. And you should also put trainer on every one of your companions, the effect stacks. There's a book you can by for a couple thousands, it is an open book instead of a closed one. It gives a permanent +2 to trainer while in your inventory! Very useful!

Get a Char based companion, (I use Leslie) give them some points to persuasion(6?) and trade.  This is mainly so when you train the stewards, they also get the skills and allows you to build more improvements, but it's also really helpful to use that char as an emissary. Don't put Persuasion on your char, trust me, it's useless, Persuation is always based on luck, and if you aren't save scumming, you can pretty much give up with persuading lords to do anything you want them to.

Battle Tips:
- Defense during battle usually works best for me, offence always comes with casualties. I don't know how you like playing but this is just a suggestion:
Quickly press backspace, check if the enemy is charging at you or holding. If they're charging, the red dots will scatter towards you.
If they're charging, well, then just brace for a cavalry charge, try to move to a hill fast. If not however, thats very good.
Tell everyone to hold fire. (Important) Position your archers preferably on top of a hill, with your infantry in shield wall/ranks formation close in front of them, if the hill isn't steep enough, you'd better tell your infantry to stand closer (give the order twice, otherwise it won't have too much effect) and tell the same to the archers. Put cavalry sort of behind and to the side of your infantry.
So now you have a defensive position, but the enemy isn't charging, no worries. Ride out with your char to your enemies and kill one of them any way you like (crossbows/bows are best for this), the rest will just mindlessly charge. Perfect! Run back or do as I do before running back. Let some of the enemy cavalry come towards you, aim your ranged weapons right at them, even if they have shields, don't worry, just stand there on your horse. Aim at them and when they get close enough, they will lift their weapons and their shields, shoot them now. Dead. The next cavalry unit will probably end up the same way if you got the hang of it, the other mounted units will just get stuck into the horses of their mates and you can either ride away back to your infantry or shoot a few more.
Nevertheless, you'll have to eventually ride back to your infantry, when the enemy gets reasonably close, tell all your troops to fire at will. Shields will crumble in seconds, horses will die and IF anything will reach your infantry line, it will be solitary and will die that way amongst your troops. If enemy infantry gets too close, tell your cavalry to charge, who should kill quite a few without casualties, or only a bit.
The point is, that you can make the enemy charge mindlessly at you by just killing one of their troops. It doesn't ALWAYS work, sometimes the cavalry will try to flank you, intercept it with other cavalry.
This tactic works very well against Fierdsvain (they absolutely suck in field battles anyways) and D'Shar, haven't tried vs other factions.

Tips and tricks (trust me, useful)
Mercenary work is VERY useful at the beginning especially, it can get your whole party's wages covered so all the money you get is just profit! And you don't even have to fight for the faction, just run away into neutral territory, they won't care.

When you decide to become a vassal, you can check which village is going to be yours. The village with no flag is the village the player will get if they decide to join that faction unless... But wait, you don't want that stinking village, it's right on the borders! It will be the first one getting looted in wars! No worries, wait until there's a war and the village you want gets looted multiple times. You can right-click the village and check it's prosperity with "view notes" and when it is one of the poorest, offer you allegiance to the faction's king, who will give you the poorest village. (NOTE: HE WILL ONLY GIVE YOU THE VILLAGE IF ITS HIS! So basically, he will give you the poorest village in HIS possession)

Is food expensive? In Javiksholm fish can often be bought at very cheap prices (talking about like 8 denars per fish)

Wolfbode is one of the easiest spawns to capture, wait until he tries to loot Poinsbruk (you will get a discrete notification) and join the fight, you should at that point get a Strange Rune Bow, use it on the shieldless Bearclaw Berserkers and the Honor Guards, assisting the Ravenstern Rangers in killing hundreds of Wolfbode's troops. When you beat the army back, cos you definitely will, Wolfbode will have a lot less troops, depending on your battle size, and you'll also see that the troops who died were all the high tier ones! YAY! so now just follow wolfbode until he has 15% health at least (so you can capture him) then beat the hell out of those Mystmountain Raiders and Warriors, who are just a bit stronger than average bandits. You can then capture Wolfbode, and get a Qualis Gem or his weapons!
This is easiest with Wolfbode since he's got the shieldless troops, plus the Rangers totally massacre his army AND Poinsbruk is very easy to defend. This combination just makes Wolfbode very easy to beat.

A way to declare war without losing relations with your lords is joining a battle, against a lord of the faction you wanna declare war on, as a king. If you have high enough relations (10) with the faction of the enemy lord, you might not even be considered an enemy and have defeated a lord of an opposing faction without even declaring war!

Back
Top Bottom