Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
~Scar said:
Kragen said:
~Scar said:
Not even true, but fair enough.

totally true.
Can you please stop watching the Division System through your rose-coloured glasses because Knights of Malta did well. Your statement is obviously not true when you look at the matchlogs. There are always onesided matches, both in the ladder and the division system. There were a fair amount of very close games this season as well, combined with a couple of upsets that nobody expected. I do not think that the ladder system lacks excitement, if anything it brings more excitement than the Division System.
Ok, lets look at the match logs. The average round difference per match:

Malta-WNL3: 6,4
Malta-WNL4: 10,6

PaD-WNL3: 5,9
PaD-WNL4:7,1

Loyalty-WNL3: 5,6
Loyatly-WNL4: 6,6

DAM-WNL3: 6,0
DAM-WNL4: 9,1

Swadia-WNL3: 8,0
Swadia-WNL4: 8,9

Veche-WNL3: 8,9
Veche-WNL4: 10,9

Onliest Teams benefiting are DivA and DivB Teams:

AE-WNL3: 10,1
AE-WNL4: 7,6

SRC-WNL3: 8,9
SRC-WNL4: 8,3

IR-WNL3: 7,6
IR-WNL4: 6,0

But for the most teams the Division system is the better one.

Your last point is not well-thought-out at all..

How is AE benefiting if their average RD per match decreased? If you have top level teams with high average RDs it indicates that they won their matches pretty clear. If you have top level teams with smaller average RDs it shows that they weren't able to win/lose matches with as many rounds ahead.

Since you didn't distinguish between positive average RDs (high positive average RD = team was winning many matches pretty one-sided) and negative average RDs (high negative average RD = team was losing many matches without winning some rounds) you're calculations don't say a lot.

In AE's case (since they won all their matches this season except the close match against H&I) the decrease of average RD could show that they weren't able to win as many matches as clearly as in WNL3. From a "close-battles-loving-guy"'s perspective this might be good and desirable, from their competitive point of view it probably is not. This goes for every team. Of course it's bad for the teams who lost harder than before in this season, but on the other hand its better for the ones who won more clearly this season.

All of that speculation is btw happening without having a proof that this WNL's system is really responsible for the increased differences you mentioned.

Neathar said:

How is AE benefiting if their average RD per match decreased? If you have top level teams with high average RDs it indicates that they won their matches pretty clear. If you have top level teams with smaller average RDs it shows that they weren't able to win/lose matches with as many rounds ahead.

Because it shows that their matches were "exciting" :roll:

Kragen said:
Neathar said:

Because it shows that their matches were "exciting" :roll:

You can read my post again if you like, I edited it.

Neathar said:

Since you didn't distinguish between positive average RDs (high positive average RD = team was winning many matches pretty one-sided) and negative average RDs (high negative average RD = team was losing many matches without winning some rounds) you're calculations don't say a lot.

In AE's case (since they won all their matches this season except the close match against H&I) the decrease of average RD could show that they weren't able to win as many matches as clearly as in WNL3. From a "close-battles-loving-guy"'s perspective this might be good and desirable, from their competitive point of view it probably is not. This goes for every team. Of course it's bad for the teams who lost harder than before in this season, but on the other hand its better for the ones who won more clearly this season.

All of that speculation is btw happening without having a proof that this WNL's system is really responsible for the increased differences you mentioned.

What is responsible for the increased differences in your opinion ? :smile:

1. I didn't say playing the WNL in one big ligue instead of divisions sorted by skill doesn't affect the matches. It probably does. I just doubted that your "observations" could be taken as the one and only proof that its the systems only that make the difference!

2. I frankly don't care too much about having more or less close matches. If the admins decide that they want to go for a division system next time - I'll be up for it as well as if the system stays one huge ligue (assuming there will be some fixes to the picking/fixtures).

3. I'm sure the admins will find a way to avoid too many unnecessarily one-sided matches in the future without having to go back to the divisions system with all its pro's and con's.

i think there could just be a "veteran division" and a "noob division";

teams who took part in the existing season will get invited for veteran division (which they can then turn down, if they don't feel comfortable with it).

a few weeks of ladder in each division, then give teams with 2 wins from "noob division" a chance to pick a team from "veteran division" for a "rank-up match". If they win that match, they can go to "veteran division".  After that, just do a knockout with seed based on the ladder phase results, and only have a prize for the winner of veteran division (to prevent people from wanting to join "noobs division" just because they can get the prize from it easily).

let's say, 4 weeks of ladder with 30 teams would mean there will be a 10 weeks long season (4 weeks of ladder, 1 week of "rank up matches" and 5 weeks of knockout)

I think the Swiss system would be the proper system. There are some advantages:
[*] No unfair matches besides the early phase.
[*] More interesting matches.
[*] Teams must show that they deserve a place by fighting a similar skilled opponent.
[*] Suitable places at the end of the tournament.
[*] There won't be a Playoff needed (even though it's exciting).
It's necessary to play more weeks for example 16 though, because time is needed to turn out the earned places. I would also prohibit that teams can fight each other more than once or twice. There won't be too much skill differences between the teams if there are enough teams again.

Leonemo said:
It's necessary to play more weeks for example 16 though, because time is needed to turn out the earned places. I would also prohibit that teams can fight each other more than once or twice. There won't be too much skill differences between the teams if there are enough teams again.

I think the swiss system could be used, but 16 weeks is just madness.. That's 4 full months of ligue (no preparation time/playoffs included). It would either have to start in the beginning of march (where it might collide with the NC) and would run until the end of june - or it would start in the beginning/middle of august (where a lot of people are still in summer vacation) and run until beginning/middle of december. And as I said that excludes the preparation time before (sign-ups etc.).

I personally like 8 weeks, it's short and interesting. Some more weeks could work but not more than 12 weeks at max in my opinion.

Neathar said:
Leonemo said:

I think the swiss system could be used, but 16 weeks is just madness.. That's 4 full months of ligue (no preparation time/playoffs included). It would either have to start in the beginning of march (where it might collide with the NC) and would run until the end of june - or it would start in the beginning/middle of august (where a lot of people are still in summer vacation) and run until beginning/middle of december. And as I said that excludes the preparation time before (sign-ups etc.).

I personally like 8 weeks, it's short and interesting. Some more weeks could work but not more than 12 weeks at max in my opinion.
Kragen said:
ye WNL should'nt be longer than 7-12Weeks

Indeed, but it should be more than 8 to earn suitable places. It was just an example, so 12 would be enough as well.

In my Opinion (!) #WNL3-System is still the best :smile: (7weeks, interesting matches,okay some def.Wins but idc and muuch more #hype) But... Luv you all anyway :3
Floms update table D: :grin:

Kragen said:
In my Opinion (!) #WNL3-System is still the best :smile: (7weeks, interesting matches,okay some def.Wins but idc and muuch more #hype) But... Luv you all anyway :3

Folms said:
How many time can it be repeated? We can't have divisions in Warband anymore because teams are UNSTABLE.

I agree with Folms. :grin:

Leonemo said:
Kragen said:

Folms said:
How many time can it be repeated? We can't have divisions in Warband anymore because teams are UNSTABLE.

I agree with Folms. :grin:
:wink:
Immer diese Kleinleader die meinen sie interessieren mich ;D

Kragen, you don't have to act so damn arrogant man. This is a thread in which people suggest improvements to the tournament. You suggested to go back to the divisions system, because it is, according to you "the better system". Then Neathar and others come in to give arguments why it isn't the best system and suggest something else: 'Swiss league system'.

At this point, you just repeat what you already said and when Leonemo repeats the argument that was already given to that statement, you say: "Always these small clanleaders who think they interest me".

If you want a proper discussion about your ideas, I would suggest that you do not ridicule someone's opinion, because they aren't thát prestigious.

I personally believe that it's a pity the divisions system doesn't work in Warband, I really enjoyed it. I think the Swiss system would give a proper middle ground between the stability a league system offers + the excitement of the divisional system.

Wat?ly, Leonemo knows that I'm just kidding him^^ And Neathar didn't even say that he is against the Division System :roll:
chill :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom