Not open for further replies.

Scar

Prussian Immortal
Marquis
8dAMHqJ.png

The Warband Native League is brought to you by

fcxkk.png

SUGGESTIONS

Feel free to post your suggestions, ideas and questions regarding the Warband Native League here!

I always thought a ladder system was more effective into properely ranking a volatile scene such as Warband with new and old clans rapidly changing skill level. A division system, especially one with few promotion/relagation spots, is not able to sort teams adequately.

That being said, there is a lack of motivation for team that will not end high on the ladder. However I will also say that promotion wasn't a good motivator either as we had a number of teams dropping off. The problem true problem of dropoffs was summer...

List of more suggestions comink soon.....TM

GIVE ME OLD NORD TOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Desolation Valley - Rly ? This is next map from IG for shooters ?

Castellum - Screen pls and WTF ?

Pick Night's ... Normal league pls :sad:

Erminas said:
I have few questions:

Is the map list final?
What version of Nord Town will be used?
How long will WNL last? Ten weeks or more?

Fair points. It'll basically be a Nord Town version where you cant get up the spawns as we feel this makes camping spawn a less viable tactic for both sides. The map list isn't 100% final but we're pretty happy with the pool at the moment. We're aiming at 8 weeks for now but it'll be confirmed by Sunday/Monday after some more consultation.

OeS_Prime said:
GIVE ME OLD NORD TOWN !!!!!!!!!!!!

Desolation Valley - Rly ? This is next map from IG for shooters ?

Castellum - Screen pls and WTF ?

Pick Night's ... Normal league pls :sad:

Pick nights tended to be a pretty popular addition and we feel they add an element of participation and excitement in the league. Plus a normal league "round robin" could not work with as many teams and the Swiss System makes it harder for teams to rise quickly.

Shemaforash said:
Or just scrap nord town since it's terrible

We're confident this will be enjoyable and balanced.

xxbunglexx1 said:
Its unfair on the lot of teams that tried hard to get promoted guys.. :sad:

It's a shame for the few teams that got promoted from C to B but, for example, there's no teams that got promoted from B to A. This is because teams either lost their playoffs or disbanded. Having a league in which teams such as Irish Rebels, Inquisition & Heroes and SoE are unable to contest for first place would be a great shame. So whilst we apologise to the teams that got promoted from C to B, we believe giving them and everybody else the chance to win the whole thing to be a worthwhile change.

Was the WNL mod updated with new maps?
And if not,can we get download links to maps like Nord Town,Castellum and Desolation Valley?
Thanks in a advance :wink:

Killfacer said:
xxbunglexx1 said:
Its unfair on the lot of teams that tried hard to get promoted guys.. :sad:

It's a shame for the few teams that got promoted from C to B but, for example, there's no teams that got promoted from B to A. This is because teams either lost their playoffs or disbanded. Having a league in which teams such as Irish Rebels, Inquisition & Heroes and SoE are unable to contest for first place would be a great shame. So whilst we apologise to the teams that got promoted from C to B, we believe giving them and everybody else the chance to win the whole thing to be a worthwhile change.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Shemaforash said:
Sir Marek said:
I would appreciate putting back Frosty battle instead of Desolation Valley.

Didn't you see this map play out in nations cup and WNL? It's one of the most boring maps with stupid mountain climbing men making shots across the universe
I'd say Frosty is much more exciting than the valley. Also vanilla nord town is a great map, but the screens of the one that's going to be used, even tho I've never seen it or play it, look nice too.

Btw are you guys going to change the league format every time? I'm predicting that next WNL will have divisions again..?

Sir Marek said:
I would appreciate putting back Frosty battle instead of Desolation Valley.

Obviously in the end a lot of this comes down to opinion but we decided that we didn't like the direction that Frosty Battle had taken. It's become normal for teams just to lump archers on the hill and wait for flag and there's not really been much innovation on the map for a while. We preferred all of the current open maps over it and we're confident people will see Desolation Valley as a great addition when they play it in a competitive environment.

Kragen said:
Castellan ~= Wolfpack, so just give them the DivA Spot D;

Not only is that not really true but Wolfpack was just part of a large example I gave.

Jony.D. said:
Btw are you guys going to change the league format every time? I'm predicting that next WNL will have divisions again..?

Yeah it's not ideal to change so often. Season 1 was a complete mess organisation wise and the format made no sense. In my opinion we moved in the right direction during Season 2. Season 3 wasn't really bad or anything but I think the experiment with going back to Divisions similar to the ENL was unsuccessful and the admin team decided to move back to the Season 2 format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom