problem with the connecting to the server base

Users who are viewing this thread

hello

so last time i'd runned the M&B Warband somewhen around July.
about week ago i just tried to run the game but when i tried to connect any server i was getting a message "incorrect authorisation key"
i check my key so many times but there was no mistake.
then i reinstalled the game and also got the specific problem.
i have a simple 1.153 installator and installator of patch to v.1.160. so when i am installing the outdated version - the game is running by the using .exe file. when i am updating it - .exe file says that there is zlib1.dll file is missing.

from another point, i am playing crpg mod that is always reversing the game version so i am still able to run the client even with such broken .exe file. however even this way i am not able to connect any server because of the serial key.

then i just cleaned the registry with CCleaner but it still didnt help.

today i tried to run the game again but everything went the same way as before.

so what should i do to finally play this game again?D:

october 13
today i'd runned the game and... woah! i do see the servers. when i tryed to connect i had to input my key.
when i did it - i just logged in on the server.
i did put some servers to favorites and was playing for some hours.
when i tryed to relog i've got the message "unable to connect the server". then i switched search from favorites to internet and now there was no servers showing up after short recieving.

I can't help you with the serial problem, but I also had the zlib1.dll problem and I solved it by finding another copy of the file (in my case from the Scorch 3D game) and copying it to the folder where Warband is installed.

Hi Dark Blade

I'm sure there are thousands of solutions across this board on finding servers but this is what comes to my mind:

Fix your firewall, or try disabling it and then starting up the game. If this is a fix then you might wanna check the settings of your firewall. Same goes with anti-virus or anything network bound security.

Make sure the folder in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warband\Modules" has the correct name. With warband the folder should be called 'Native'. Not sure about mods. Try out if your native works, if the mod doesn't than this is your problem. Which brings me to the next step.

Check the filter settings when you search. If you check some things you might not get a list. Speaks for itself really but some people don't realize this.

ofcourse such solutions are the first what comes to mind.
firewall has been disabled and avast anti virus doesnt affect.
the name of path and all the folders are correct
search is disabled.

btw when i am trying to find server there is a message on the top about 2 servers possible to find but after the end of search there is no servers showing up.
if i am trying cRPG - i see servers but cannot connect because of the same problem(incorrect authorisation key).
btw when i was trying to activate the M&B again(2 days ago), the authorisation server wasnt responding so i had to activate the game manually.

i know that its not only my problem thats why i am sure the solution of this problem is somewhere out of my client side.

today i'd runned the game and... woah! i do see the servers. when i tryed to connect i had to input my key.
when i did it - i just logged in on the server.
i did put some servers to favorites and was playing for some hours.
when i tryed to relog i've got the message "unable to connect the server". then i switched search from favorites to internet and now there was no servers showing up after short recieving.

bump one more time.
gpnna say for sure that its a problem with internet-service provider and taleworlds.
i know some people who have this problem and from one of them i know that he cannot find any server from his IP but from IP his friend everything works without any problem.

Dark Blade said:
bump one more time.
gpnna say for sure that its a problem with internet-service provider and taleworlds.
i know some people who have this problem and from one of them i know that he cannot find any server from his IP but from IP his friend everything works without any problem.
I think I got this same crap. Just played few days ago and now I cant see servers from any version, normal or steam,v 1.161 or 1.153 and few reinstalls. Tried every solution from "Compilation of Solutions for Missing Server List" except routers' because I have good ethernet connection.
Still game just stopped searching for servers today, suddenly, like someone just blocked my IP or provider.
Where can I find TW server admin hmm ?
I didn't have this bug for at least 2 years.
Whe I turn network monitor on it shows me that mb exe is connecting to some IP, obviously without any effect.

Why is this even a problem after 4 damn years ? WTF TW, do you even know there is critical issue that screwing your players up ? Because this crap is on your side.
We need to know that you devs are aware about this annoying bs.

Back
Top Bottom