SP Musket Era Oriental [WB] Mount & Blade Indian Rebellion 1857

Users who are viewing this thread

ansh

Recruit
Hi, first of all I just made an account here. I am pretty new to the whole modding community. I wanted to discuss if anyone would be interested in helping develop a mod on Indian Revolution. This is still a very rough concept that I am sure brighter minds here can look into it and provide some useful suggestions.  I have made the map. It's at the bottom of this post. Don't forget to check that out.

Concept

I am basically talking about the year 1857. From the very first war of independence.
I got the inspiration from the American Revolution mods. India was under colonial rule of Britishers (First it was just East India Company but later the colonies were directly under the rule of British Crown). We also had few Portuguese colonies and French Colonies as well. So possible Factions could be :
1) British Crown
2) Portuguese
3) East India Company (Their rule ended in 1858 - Can have few territories around Calcutta (Kolkata) which was initially their capital)
4) France
5) Indian Rebels (Look at this map to understand what states were in rebellion - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Indian_revolt_of_1857_states_map.svg

And possibly
6) Princely States (Not sure about this)

A princely state was a nominally sovereign entity of India during the British Rule that was not directly governed by the British, but rather by a local ruler under a form of indirect rule, subject to a subsidiary alliance and the suzerainty or paramountcy of the British Crown.

Possible Units

For British Army
During that time British army was a composition of three different armies (Namely, Bengal army, Madras Army and Bombay Army) . Now the units 

I cannot list the whole of British Army here but Wikipedia has lot of information on troops that were fighting under the banner of British Crown. So I am skipping that part and I will only name India Specific Troops below. The British Indian Army organized regiments and units on the basis of religion and regional or caste identity.

Available Anywhere
1) Sepoy (Infantry)
2) Sowar (Cavalry equivalent of Sepoy)

Regional Units that can be recruited from Villages
1) Madras Light Cavalry
2) Madras European Foot Artillery
3) Madras Native Infantry
4) Bengal (European) Fusiliers
5) Bengal European Foot Artillery
6) Bombay Grenadiers
7) Maratha Light Infantry
:cool: Rajputana Rifles
9) Gurkha Rifles - During the Indian Rebellion of 1857, Gurkhas fought on the British side, and became part of the British Indian Army on its formation. Gurkhas, are soldiers from the South Asian country of Nepal.

Indian Rebels
Now the rebellion faction is important. Starting bonus for this faction would be great tactical skills and the bonus to easily sneak into enemy towns/castles without being identified. Why? Because history says so. A lot of our freedom fighters knew how not to be identified by Britishers and they easily used to get away from being captured.

The Troops:

The difficult thing about Indian Rebels is the troops. It comprised of many regional and non-regional units. Basically the idea would be to give them poor equipments (Average Clothes/Average Firearms/Good 1h Swords/Maybe Good Bows) but their stats would be better to balance the game. Also it would have weak cavalry but strong infantry and archer/firearms units.

1) Sikh Rebels (Infantry & Firearms) - Regional units found in Punjab (Higher strength)
2) Rajputana Rebels (Infantry & Firearms) - Regional Units of Rajasthan
3) Indian Rebel Sepoys (Infantry & Firearms) - Available in all rebel towns/villages
4) Maratha Rebels (Light Cavalry, Infantry & Archers) - No firearms. Only swords and bows. Rani Jhansi was from here (Compared to Joan of Arc)
5) Gurjars - Gujars and Musalman (Muslim) Rajputs proved the "most irreconcilable enemies" of the British in the Bulandshahr area.

This is not the end. A lot more has to be added to this. I need people who have time and interest in this. If anywhere I am wrong then your suggestions are most welcome. I am not saying this information might be 100% accurate. We could do more research over it. I gathered unit information using wikipedia.

Co-Modders
1) fathilashkarhttp://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=342936

Done so far

Module ComponentsStatusPriority
MapWork in Progress1
FactionsWork in Progress2
ScriptingPending3
Indian Texture & MeshesNeed more help!4
ItemsWill be worked upon right after textures & meshes are done5

MAPS

North, West, East India
northmap.png

South India
southmap.png

f anyone is interested in contributing, contact me.

kraggrim said:
I don't know anything about this revolution but it looks from that map that playing as the rebels will be quite a challenge!

For the map you made, how big is it compared to native?

Good luck, and remember to scour the OSP section for resources.

Thanks. Will check it out.

About the map, did you check out the map images I posted above?
http://picoolio.net/image/MhN
http://picoolio.net/image/Mhb
http://picoolio.net/image/Mhi

The above previews are actually of old map that I made sometime back. I have reworked the map today and it is looking better. I will post it here as soon as I am satisfied with it.  It is 480x480 (According to Thorgrim's Map Editor settings). 
Any help would be appreciated. I need someone to make textures and meshes for Indian clothing. I can provide help as to what they used to look like back in 1857 but I can't make them on my own because of lack of experience in this particular issue.

Necro of old thread
@
Hi, first of all I just made an account here. I am pretty new to the whole modding community. I wanted to discuss if anyone would be interested in helping develop a mod on Indian Revolution. This is still a very rough concept that I am sure brighter minds here can look into it and provide some useful suggestions. I have made the map. It's at the bottom of this post. Don't forget to check that out.

Concept

I am basically talking about the year 1857. From the very first war of independence.
I got the inspiration from the American Revolution mods. India was under colonial rule of Britishers (First it was just East India Company but later the colonies were directly under the rule of British Crown). We also had few Portuguese colonies and French Colonies as well. So possible Factions could be :
1) British Crown
2) Portuguese
3) East India Company (Their rule ended in 1858 - Can have few territories around Calcutta (Kolkata) which was initially their capital)
4) France
5) Indian Rebels (Look at this map to understand what states were in rebellion - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/07/Indian_revolt_of_1857_states_map.svg

And possibly
6) Princely States (Not sure about this)

A princely state was a nominally sovereign entity of India during the British Rule that was not directly governed by the British, but rather by a local ruler under a form of indirect rule, subject to a subsidiary alliance and the suzerainty or paramountcy of the British Crown.

Possible Units

For British Army
During that time British army was a composition of three different armies (Namely, Bengal army, Madras Army and Bombay Army) . Now the units

I cannot list the whole of British Army here but Wikipedia has lot of information on troops that were fighting under the banner of British Crown. So I am skipping that part and I will only name India Specific Troops below. The British Indian Army organized regiments and units on the basis of religion and regional or caste identity.

Available Anywhere
1) Sepoy (Infantry)
2) Sowar (Cavalry equivalent of Sepoy)

Regional Units that can be recruited from Villages
1) Madras Light Cavalry
2) Madras European Foot Artillery
3) Madras Native Infantry
4) Bengal (European) Fusiliers
5) Bengal European Foot Artillery
6) Bombay Grenadiers
7) Maratha Light Infantry
:cool: Rajputana Rifles
9) Gurkha Rifles - During the Indian Rebellion of 1857, Gurkhas fought on the British side, and became part of the British Indian Army on its formation. Gurkhas, are soldiers from the South Asian country of Nepal.

Indian Rebels
Now the rebellion faction is important. Starting bonus for this faction would be great tactical skills and the bonus to easily sneak into enemy towns/castles without being identified. Why? Because history says so. A lot of our freedom fighters knew how not to be identified by Britishers and they easily used to get away from being captured.

The Troops:

The difficult thing about Indian Rebels is the troops. It comprised of many regional and non-regional units. Basically the idea would be to give them poor equipments (Average Clothes/Average Firearms/Good 1h Swords/Maybe Good Bows) but their stats would be better to balance the game. Also it would have weak cavalry but strong infantry and archer/firearms units.

1) Sikh Rebels (Infantry & Firearms) - Regional units found in Punjab (Higher strength)
2) Rajputana Rebels (Infantry & Firearms) - Regional Units of Rajasthan
3) Indian Rebel Sepoys (Infantry & Firearms) - Available in all rebel towns/villages
4) Maratha Rebels (Light Cavalry, Infantry & Archers) - No firearms. Only swords and bows. Rani Jhansi was from here (Compared to Joan of Arc)
5) Gurjars - Gujars and Musalman (Muslim) Rajputs proved the "most irreconcilable enemies" of the British in the Bulandshahr area.

This is not the end. A lot more has to be added to this. I need people who have time and interest in this. If anywhere I am wrong then your suggestions are most welcome. I am not saying this information might be 100% accurate. We could do more research over it. I gathered unit information using wikipedia.

Co-Modders
1) fathilashkarhttp://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?action=profile;u=342936

Done so far

Module ComponentsStatusPriority
MapWork in Progress1
FactionsWork in Progress2
ScriptingPending3
Indian Texture & MeshesNeed more help!4
ItemsWill be worked upon right after textures & meshes are done5

MAPS

North, West, East India
northmap.png

South India
southmap.png

f anyone is interested in contributing, contact me.
Hii im interested in your mod i help you to provide best historical events in your mod im not game bulder but im suggest you cloth and weapon for region troops like rajput sikh gurkha maratha or more because im history student and im also playing mount and blade war band or many mods od it if you interested please reply or give your instagram or other account

Back
Top Bottom