Blindness and shaders in M&B 1.011?

Users who are viewing this thread

N0ught

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Alright, so I have always rolled around the idea of playing a blind character in M&B - the way I have decided it would be best to accomplish this is:

1) You will be able to see normally on the world map. Since this is basically just following the progress of a party on an actual map, this makes sense.
2) Eventually I would also like to halve party movement speed if the blind player character is in a party by themselves. This is realistic and would account for navigation problems along the way.
3) In scenes everything would be totally black - except name plates. This means you would be able to navigate around towns to some extent, and in combat you would still be able to find your troops to group with them.
4) Eventually I would include some means of sensing enemies as well.

So any ideas on how I could blank out everything but the floating names and UI, in missions? I really think this could be fun, if tedious. :grin:

I'm thinking something shader-related? Or maybe an overlay that covers everything but the the UI and floating names? The latter would be easier, but I'm not sure how to go about either way... and if I remember right, shaders may be hardcoded in M&B 1.011?  :???:

All help is much appreciated!

Blindness could work as one of a battle mechanic, but an entire mod based on that? Hell no.

Back
Top Bottom