Adding 'custom_map_..' to a server?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regzo

Recruit
Hello! I want to start of with saying, sorry about my English it isn't the best. But anyways.. I have been trying to see if I can get custom maps to install onto the server. I was wondering if what I have done is correct, and I also have a few questions. I got the maps copy-n-pasted them into the SceneObj, then got the code thingy for the scene in the .txt file of the custom map which I wanted and pasted it into the bottom of the scenes.txt file in the Napoleonic war module. (Or would I remove a map code already existing and paste the custom map code in its place?) Then I changed the default.txt file for the server which I said add_map custom_map_.. whatever there called. Has this process been done correctly, or am I missing something? If so what? Also, if this was/has been done correctly should I be able to view the custom_maps in the Adminstrator Panel when you click the arrow to move the maps along? Or would I just have to put it into some kind of map cycle without being able to select it in the Admin Panel. Thanks! If I have made any mistakes could you please help me answer, as I am a bit stuck..

Hello',

custom_map_x are maps that you won't be able to 'select'. Those must be added to the rotation map to be able to play on it.
In order to be able to play on a map that you would switch by yourself, you need to replace one, so after, you'd be able to select the one you replaced in the admin panel.

Also, yes, you only need to replace and edit the scenes.txt file.
The scenes.txt file will set the ground code of the map, it'll ensure the ground is samed as the one you got in map editing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom