Cloudflare

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, they're trying something slightly new, but with a whole heap more servers taking part this time. It looks like the CloudFlare browser check got disabled somehow, so it wasn't in place to stop them. I've switched the browser check back on.

During peak Euro times it's not uncommon to get 400 or so guests online. Probably the Turkish masses preparing for a Bannerlord invasion.

Janus do you have a way of monitoring guest traffic at certain times? It might be useful to see if there's any correlation between numbers of guests and slowness of forums.

Pharaoh X Llandy said:
Janus do you have a way of monitoring guest traffic at certain times? It might be useful to see if there's any correlation between numbers of guests and slowness of forums.
It wouldn't depend on the number of guests specifically, just the overall number of users simultaneously accessing parts of the forum.

Try re-typing your PM without any formatting, and don't include any links or anything. Just plain text. I've had a problem too, where putting in links or formatted text from a word processor has just CloudFlared me every time.

Starting afresh should hopefully clear it.

MadocComadrin said:
I can't send PMs anymore. Cloudfare says I'm blocked. I can post though (that should be obvious  :razz: ).
From looking at CloudFlare's block log I'm guessing it was detecting as an SQLi injection attempt due to certain quotation marks or code used in there. I've modified that protection so you should be able to get through with the same message now.
If you have it available or can come up with a reasonable approximation of it, please send me the message via PM which it was blocking.

When reporting a CloudFlare block page you run into for legitimate forum usage, you should also report the Ray ID it provides so we can find the exact event in the log.

The amount of guests (220) isn't terribly high, but the forum has had some considerable slowdowns and has now started throwing up "This site is offline." pages. The attacks starting up again?

Might be unrelated. But tonight, all of a sudden, the firewall at work gave me a blockpage thingy on Taleworlds. Never done that before, and I know they haven't done any changes at this end. Managed to get in again just now, about an hour later. Just thought I'd let you know in case it might be relevant.

Austupaio said:
The amount of guests (220) isn't terribly high, but the forum has had some considerable slowdowns and has now started throwing up "This site is offline." pages. The attacks starting up again?
I haven't seen any indication of an attack in the access log or error log for quite some time now. I just did a more detailed examination for the time you posted this and a few hours before that, with no indication of general access problems there either.
I did notice we're getting some more frequent errors showing up specifically in relation to previewing posts (the "Preview" button when composing/editing a post), which I think may be related to some access limitations I added in a while back. I'll need to look into that.

Teofish said:
Might be unrelated. But tonight, all of a sudden, the firewall at work gave me a blockpage thingy on Taleworlds. Never done that before, and I know they haven't done any changes at this end. Managed to get in again just now, about an hour later. Just thought I'd let you know in case it might be relevant.
By "blockpage thingy", do you mean the CloudFlare browser check page? If so, that is normal for now, we just have it set to a longer interval between checks for each user. If that's not what you meant, further specific details would be helpful.

I can't say for sure, I wasn't paying that much attention, but I may have been previewing each time I had those huge slow-downs and "This site is off-line" page referrals.

Back
Top Bottom