Questions on creating new parties

Users who are viewing this thread

Angelos

Veteran
Good Morning everyone,
    I have been playing With Fire and Sword Enhanced and it is spectacular.  However, the author mentioned that getting new lords was problematic and companions made as lords did not follow your orders.  Since you are more or less the only Prussian army when you found your nation it is very difficult to fight the dozen or so lords of other nations that all have 100+ soldiers in their armies.  This limits you to play a very defensive and very static form of warfare that locks you into your own borders.  This is fine and all when starting off as it makes sense since you are a new nation, but it makes it very difficult to expand your borders or attack your enemies.  So I had two ideas.  There is a saying by  Mirabeau stating, "Prussia, is not a state with an army, but an army with a state."  This quote gave me the idea to increase the size of patrols to make them more of an army rather than patrols.  This would give you more soldiers to help defend your land to repel invading forces and allow you to leave your country to siege your enemies.  My other idea was to create companions specifically to be generals and just let them do whatever since you cannot control them.  I like the idea of creating larger patrols and making officers as heroes to lead them and respawn if defeated.  This would allow them to act as pseudo armies that would assist you in enemy campaigns with defense and increased numbers.  However, further investigation on the matter of changing parties (as found on http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,12203.0.html)  revealed that it is more complicated then I had originally anticipated.  So I have a few questions:
1. Within the line
("new_template","new_template",icon_peasant|pf_auto_start_dialog,0,fac_neutral,soldier_personality,[(trp_geoffrey,1,1),(trp_new_troop,16,44)])
it shows solider personality which allows them to act as a "patrol" correct?

2.Looking at the module_party_templates in WFASE (which is open source) a patrol is coded as
("patrol_party", "Patrol",icon_gray_knight|carries_goods(2)|pf_show_faction,0,fac_commoners,soldier_personality,[]),
it shows they are of the faction commoners  rather than neutral in the previous code.  Is this just a generic way to spawn patrols for any nation, or am I missing out on some other piece of information? 

3.What is the section of the code responsible for respawning these new parties?  Is it already implemented?

4.I have played many mods that utilized a "Follow Me" and "Patrol Around" orders.  Is there one that is open source or easy enough to insert or program into the game?  This would allow the new custom parties to follow you to attack your enemies and give you some form of control.

5.I understand the concept of what troops are included in the party, how many, and how to put heroes in them, but that information is not in there and their faction loyalties and function still illudes me.  Should I just make completely new parties rather than just edit the patrols?  If so, what would be the best way to do so?  In order to create new parties, is the all the information that I need located on (http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,12203.0.html) ?
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time

Those templates are indeed generic: they consist of a shared map icons and intended personalities for all factions. Their contents are later added through the individual faction's culture's reinforcement templates. See script_cf_create_kingdom_party for more detail - there's probably commented out code with regards to using spt_patrol and the other deprecated templates. Do not simply make new parties as patrols, try to use the existing system for sake of consistency. Winter's tutorial is really old, I wouldn't recommend using it.

Ah, I see, excellent!  Thank you for clarifying!  Now this "script_cf_create_kingdom_party", is it faction specific or is it yet again generic?  It would be unfortunate to find everyone's patrols to be the same size as the ones I create to be pseudo armies!  I believe the Prussian Culture is Culture 6 replacing the player Rebel faction.  Is this script found in the module_party_template as well, or is it located elsewhere?

Back
Top Bottom