SP Fantasy [WB] Bella, Horrida Bella. My personal mod, searching for approval.

Users who are viewing this thread

Salutes everybody, i am Cerice, and i created this topic, because, after a long time working on a mod for mount & blade: Warband, and after a hard time deciding wether it was the best idea to share it with the public or to keep it with me for personal entertainment, i finally took the decision of showing the public what my simple mind has come up with.

My mod has yet to be finished (it isn't an easy job since i am the only team member working on this), but allow me to explain what it is like.
Features:
a few replaced heroes.
Faction Replacement.
alterations in dialogue.
new story.
A few new items.
Increased odds and tournament rewards.
higher difficulty (Lords have more troops, and troops are stronger in comparison to Native).
Higher initial stats for the player, in order to cope with the higher difficulty.

We have the map of Calradia (for now) and changed the 6 kingdoms for 6 different factions, 4 of them are completely changed, whereas 2 remain similar in appearance.

To begin, Conteratur:
30t1jeh.jpg
23hx5xw.jpg
Conteratur is nicknamed as "The Hand That Ends The World".
They settled themselves in a distant continent named "Sors" generations ago, now, they have settled themselves in the land of Calradia seeking to end all opposing forms of life, as Reona Conteratur, first king of Conteratur, said "The existance of humanity is a mistake, life itself is only good for commiting and witnessing horrors, and for that, we must all die."
Of course, with the passing of generations, the original plan (which was to kill everyone and then kill themselves) got distorted and as a result, Conteraturs now preach that all humanity must be destroyed...With the exception of them.
Conteratur follows barbarical customs such as flaying their captured enemies alive and hanging them from their feet, or gutting them and serving their cooked organs in feasts, they mantain themselves a solid kingdom due to their filosophy relying on one principle, that all those who are born in Conteratur are not quite human, as they are born "Enlightened", a Conteratur refers to his fellow man as "Conteraturii" and just like many barbaric civilizations, preach the message that all of those external to Conteratur are impure, as the only ones deserving of life, are the Conteraturii, who were "Wise" enough to realize and "Open" their eyes to what a monstruous form of life that humanity is.
Thus, Conteraturii do not see themselves as humans. the "Lords" in this kingdom are the members of the leading families, and are not selected by birth, but by their abilities in games of combat and strategy, as Conteraturs do not believe in Nobility. your right to carry a banner in conteratur isn't given by your nobility, but by your capability to bust heads in the name of your king.

Next is Conteratur's main enemy, Contritio.
or5rt1.jpg
muu34n.jpg
1199c86.jpg
Contritio recieves the name of "The Strangers" as their location of origin is entirely unknown
While they seem of Arabic descent, They differ in details, such as the use of Western names.
When the Conteraturs first arrived to Calradia, the Contritio were already settled, and Conteratur ended their expansion after their first war, this, made Contritio and Conteratur, eternal rivals, While there isn't an exact god or deity in this world, Contritio see their king as the closest possible thing to a God known to man, and in this kingdom, the king's word is even more blindly followed and obeyed than in the rest.

Next is Tridium, known as "The land of the rich".
1znszo6.jpg
mblv7s.jpg
Tridium comes from a different continent, called "Miráh" a continent where night does not exist, and the sky is bright and blue even when the sun is nowhere to be seen, it's a snowy land, where the first of the Tridiumii settled, they exhibit evident viking descent.
Tridium's most common profession is smithing, which makes the best of Steel come from Tridium, this Steel is known as Miránean Steel, it is rarely seen, even in tridium, as it is largely expensive, even for noblefolk.
Tridium is constantly harassed by the "Barbarthaes" which are large, unorganized groups of barbarians who see the Tridiumii as traitors, as Tridium was once just another tribe, but their discovery of Miránean Steel, allowed for them to achieve greater oportunities in the world of trade, which, slowly, put them ahead of the other tribes and thanks to prosperity, ascended enough to form a kingdom.

Next is Imperium, the main faction of the story, they are "The Mighty".
k526q9.jpg
2d2j7lv.jpg
Imperium is the oldest faction, their territory expands largely on several continents, their army displays armour and weaponry that heavily resembles the japanese imperial army during the age of feudal japan, however they do vary in the use of different elements mixed with japanese weaponry, such as shields and armoured horses, The main family of Imperium the "Coercitio" family, states that, in order to mantain a family pure, brothers should marry their sisters. their current liege has lead the once mighty empire to a crisis, a crisis that has lead to the division of the empire into two other factions
these are:

Coreum, "The land of the Free Heart".
v7y5vs.jpg
dq3u6c.jpg
wi7n6f.jpg
When the emperor told his only daughter out of 8 children that her sole purpose in life was to marry one of her brothers in order to conceive children so as to give him heirs, this lady ran from home saying that she was not a chicken who lived only to lay eggs, and that she wanted to be a warrior queen, just like her father was before he became a crazed tyrant, now, years later, this lady comes as the queen of Coreum, ready to take the Throne of Imperium from her father. Coreum's army uses sword and shield, Crossbows, and Two-handed swords entirely. Lords in this kingdom were elected by democracy, as when the Queen was first building this "Queendom" she gathered the eldest, wisest men of each village, to elect the Noble Lords who represent Coreum in the field of battle, these lords use the title "Lord" for high nobility and "Ser" for lower nobility, there are lords who use no title besides their name, these lords are commonborn champions who were elected and given the honor of a position of power by the Queen. this kingdom is possibly the most controversial in this land (Besides Conteratur) as they accept marriage among people of the same Gender.

And last, but not least, "Populus Qui Revelavit".
euht9w.jpg
sg2tkp.jpg
As Imperium decayed more and more, only a couple of years before Coreum had risen to power, another rebellion had began, this rebellion was consisted of vassals of the empire who disagreed on Imperium's tyrannical ways, and as such, formed a rebellion to free the oppressed commonfolk. Like Imperium resembles the japanese army, Populus Qui Revelavit resembles the Mongol army, as they strongly opose the classical image of nobility, most of their Lords reject the title "Lord" and instead, use the title "Tribune", tribunes being seen as nobles who work alongside their commonfolk, Populus Qui Revelavit is seen as one of the most Liberal kingdoms, although Democracy is still, unheard of, for this kingdom.

Also, i have replaced a few heroes and many of the dialogues have been changed, as the claimants to each throne have new stories.
Plus, there have been a bunch of Banner replacements.

dw9e0k.jpg

Note:
This mod is single player only (for now) i am planning to work on the multiplayer aspect in the future, but only if this mod recieves forum approval.

So...tell me if you like the idea and if i should upload what i have of the mod to the M&B file repository so people can play it.

And remember!
This is not a professional team working on this mod, there isn't even any amateurs working on this, it's just me, a single, simple-minded, person with no talent nor knowledge in modding whatsoever, so please, all i want to hear, is wether you people like the idea, or not, simple as that.

A not bad start mate, there are many one man army modders here, trust me, as soon as you start playing around with Python or Wings3D your skills will boost to high levels and you will not be in need of anybody else. Just continue this for as long as it is fun to you.

It sounds interesting, although I'd try to flesh out the idea behind Conteratur a bit. If they think humanity is a mistake, how they maintain enough cohesion as a kingdom to go around killing people, flaying them, and eating their organs? How is it that their own subjects are immune from the idea of their being alive going against nature? Do they think that they have to kill everyone first, and then kill themselves? Are there nobles/peasants who dislike the idea of committing suicide eventually to fulfill their philosophy, and want to overthrow it? There's just something completely paradoxical and illogical about this kingdom's religion/philosophy, and that makes it hard to take them seriously. Instead of viewing them as some sort of barbaric, violent empire of darkness, the (sorry to be blunt) stupidity and hypocrisy of their ideas just makes me see them as the stereotypical "CRAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIN" middle-school edgelords who mark their wrists with lipstick to pretend they cut themselves, wear all black, and listen to Linkin Park.

Pallanza said:
It sounds interesting, although I'd try to flesh out the idea behind Conteratur a bit. If they think humanity is a mistake, how they maintain enough cohesion as a kingdom to go around killing people, flaying them, and eating their organs? How is it that their own subjects are immune from the idea of their being alive going against nature? Do they think that they have to kill everyone first, and then kill themselves? Are there nobles/peasants who dislike the idea of committing suicide eventually to fulfill their philosophy, and want to overthrow it? There's just something completely paradoxical and illogical about this kingdom's religion/philosophy, and that makes it hard to take them seriously. Instead of viewing them as some sort of barbaric, violent empire of darkness, the (sorry to be blunt) stupidity and hypocrisy of their ideas just makes me see them as the stereotypical "CRAAAAAWLING IN MY SKIIIIIN" middle-school edgelords who mark their wrists with lipstick to pretend they cut themselves, wear all black, and listen to Linkin Park.

You are preciselly the kind of response i was hoping to recieve, and as criticism boosts my morale, you can now check the kingdom description once again to see greater detail, as you requested.

It really seems like an interesting idea, I hope you can successfully make it :wink:

Froi said:
Idea sounds nice, though a suggestion for the thread would be putting all the images into spoilers.

I have just discovered how to do this, i am a bit of a slow-learner,  thank you for your suggestion.

Pallanza said:

Hahaha that is golden! God i love Taleworlds Forums. On a serious note i agree with you a bit XD

To the mod maker: If you need some stuff for a barbaric Linkin Park army then you can use my tribal weapons OSP.
>>> http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,312266.msg7402088.html#msg7402088 <<<

9jakub9 said:
Pallanza said:

Hahaha that is golden! God i love Taleworlds Forums. On a serious note i agree with you a bit XD

To the mod maker: If you need some stuff for a barbaric Linkin Park army then you can use my tribal weapons OSP.
>>> http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,312266.msg7402088.html#msg7402088 <<<

Well, thank you, Though Conteratur is on-par with the rest of the Kingdoms in weaponry, as i mentioned in the description of Tridium, There are savage barbarian tribes constantly harassing Tridium, so it may be very usefull for that, i will make sure to give you credit once i implement the primitive weapons.

Back
Top Bottom