help with a burning script

Users who are viewing this thread

hello is there any chance you can basically add that if anyone arrives on this  psys_village_fire_big  that they will burn or die?

i know you can set scene props as a wall of death so when agent is on it kills but im finding it very hard to attach a trigger like that to just a particle

replies appreciated

The particle system is emitted by a scene prop with no mesh (hence the zero where there is usually the listed mesh) so you could quite easily use an invisible block with no collision and work from there. You'll need a transparent texture; it can be 1px wide though.

thanks for reply
again i can kill anyone who enters say a prop such as chest or something
but psy as you have confirmed has no way of detecting agent is on
we want it to be on the village fire big prop that the death occurs  to the agent on it
i dont do textures i dont have a clue about them, but im sure nothing needs adding in .brfs as you can already put in invisible mesh from the game

can you fill this scene prop in with example mesh so i can show it to the texture guy?  thanks
this is the standard scene prop for it, the killl on prop script is in mission temps,  and its selected to trigger when village fire big  prop detects agent is on

("Village_fire_big",0,"0","0",
  [
  (ti_on_scene_prop_init,
    [

(particle_system_add_new, "psys_village_fire_big"),
    (set_position_delta,0,0,100),
    (particle_system_add_new, "psys_village_fire_smoke_big"),
    ]),
  ]),

ive tried different meshes in there from barrier  to a prop like chest
all with sokf invisible
its still not detecting it for the agent is on trigger

i know my script/ temps are right cos when i use it just with a plain physical prop like skeleton or a fence, it works..

but this is simply fire particles which cant tell if a player is there or not

Depends on how you're detecting the player movement - you can do proximity checks with any scene prop, but the
Code:
scene_prop_has_agent_on_it
operation very likely requires a collision mesh which village_fire_big doesn't have.

Well
we edited the scene prop to this

("Village_fire_big",0,"prt_mesh_fire_1","bo_prt_mesh_fire_1",
  [
  (ti_on_scene_prop_init,
    [
    (particle_system_add_new, "psys_village_fire_big"),
    (set_position_delta,0,0,100),
    (particle_system_add_new, "psys_village_fire_smoke_big"),
    ]),

and my friend made a new .brf with frame collisions on every flame

however it still doesnt kill the agent

its nothing to do with out `kill when agent it on` script in temps, because i tried it with other things like spr chest and it works fien with that

Have a scene prop that is flat (like a barrier turned 90 degrees) and on top of it spawn a particle system (just for the show). Then make a 0,0,0 trigger and inside it loop throu all scene props of that scene prop id, then inside that loop make another try_for_agents loop and check if the agent is on it (scene_prop_has_agent_on_it). If it has an agent on it, then go and give him a punch in the head, then kill him(or make him a death slave).(end of story)

The_dragon said:
Have a scene prop that is flat (like a barrier turned 90 degrees) and on top of it spawn a particle system (just for the show). Then make a 0,0,0 trigger and inside it loop throu all scene props of that scene prop id, then inside that loop make another try_for_agents loop and check if the agent is on it (scene_prop_has_agent_on_it). If it has an agent on it, then go and give him a punch in the head, then kill him(or make him a death slave).(end of story)

sadly we tried everything and it wouldnt detect it
ive had to make a napoleanic wars mod type of explosion_at_position in scripts
however with flame particles and the fire loop sound

and then assigned it to the ti_on_missile_hit

thanks anyway

Back
Top Bottom