Deciphering Character Creation (What Does What)

Users who are viewing this thread

Landwalker

Knight at Arms
I've been away from Brytenwalda for a rather long time, and just got the itch again recently.  Unfortunately, I'm someone who likes transparency in game mechanics, particularly in character creation mechanics.  Fortunately, many a moon ago I found all of the information regarding the bonuses afforded to the different character creation choices in Brytenwalda, and even made a large Excel spreadsheet to catalogue them all in an easy-to-digest format.  Extra-unfortunately, I can't find that spreadsheet anymore, and probably deleted it.

So now, here I am, back at it.  Only this time I can't even find the game file that contains the character creation info.  Can anybody with this information please help a poor fellow out and point me to the proper game file?

Edit:  Managed to track it all down after all!  Forgot about the pesky Module System download that needed to happen.  So naturally I recreated my old spreadsheet, then rearranged it to make it more forum-friendly, and then...

Brytenwalda Character Creation Spreadsheet
BrytenwaldaCharacterCreation.png

The only thing I didn't bother with is equipment, because honestly that just seemed like a lot of work.  :razz:  However, it's worth noting the following:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Books — Characters who choose the adult vocations of Bard or Itinerant Preacher begin with a single (random) book.
[*]Horses — Characters who choose the adult vocation of Lesser Lord (regardless of gender) begin with a low-quality horse.
[/list]

Hopefully folks out there find this helpful/informative.  If anyone has any particular questions, I might be able to dig up that information.  And if anyone catches any errors, please let me know and I'll update it.

Parting Note:  This is for stock Brytenwalda.  I know that the TML submod made some minor changes to the motivation and religious results, which are not reflected above.  TML may have made other changes, but since I don't have the TML version of module_scripts.py, I can't go through in detail and examine everything.

Edit 2:  I've examined the TML changelog and, assuming that all character creation changes are called out in the changelog, I've revised the spreadsheet to include those changes.

TML Submod Character Creation Spreadsheet
BrytenwaldaCharacterCreationTML-1.png

Those images don't load anymore, can anyone repost it? I'm really wanting to know if there's anyway to start a character without  throwing skill or other stuff I don't want to use in this or other mods that use it's char creation system like WOIAF.

Back
Top Bottom