Worthless Husband!

Users who are viewing this thread

Elmetiacos

Knight
I'm currently playing a female character and she married Lord Meltor, one of the most powerful nobles in Swadia and quite a catch, or so I thought. He never liked King Harlaus much, so I thought this would be an advantage as it would be easier to persuade him to join a rebellion, but now he's defected to the Rhodoks, leaving me a Swadian and my husband a Rhodok. I don't like the Rhodoks much and I haven't had anything to do with them, whereas I have good relations with a few Swadian lords so I don't want to turn traitor myself and follow him. King Harlaus has given me one of my husband's castles, too! There's also a bug where if I speak to him about improving our standing in the realm he still speaks as if he were a Swadian.

Is there anything I can do about this situation?

In Native, most of the lords will defect from their liege...and then the next one and the next until they leave Calradia. Nothing you can do about it, other than rebel before he defects from all the available lieges and leaves for good.

captainawesome said:
Froi said:
Divorce his ass, he was never good enough for you!
You tell her! I would give you life advice about dumping guys but I am one so yeah.

I say go and raid his villages, siege his castles and towns, defeat him in the field, drive him out of Caldara!

Phoenix VII said:
In Native, most of the lords will defect from their liege...and then the next one and the next until they leave Calradia. Nothing you can do about it, other than rebel before he defects from all the available lieges and leaves for good.
So, all I have to do is wait and I will be Queen of Calradia by default because there will be no other lords left...?

Elmetiacos said:
Phoenix VII said:
So, all I have to do is wait and I will be Queen of Calradia by default because there will be no other lords left...?
A few lords still stay but the liege will keep much of the land to himself. It's about 3 years into my current Native game with the Vaegirs and the kingdom is divided between me, another lord, and the king with no other lords. It looks about the same in the other factions...most of the lords left with 1-2 staying per faction, although the Sarranids have a bunch of fief-less lords still. The few lords that stay are very loyal since they have alot of land and have larger armies as well so you'll still have to fight for the rest of Calradia, but imprisoning even 1 lord cripples the faction much more than it would in the beginning of the game.

You could try and convince him to come back to the Swadians.  I've done it myself, but for a previous version of the game, so I'm not sure if that'll still work.

You could also, as Filou advises, just go independent and have him join you--that was your ultimate goal, wasn't it?

Yes, but it would have been nice to have his 220 man army, 3 castles and 1 village to rebel with. His defection leaves me much weaker. I think I'm getting sick of Native anyway, hardly a day goes by without a king declaring someone outlaw or a lord betraying his liege.

Back
Top Bottom