Post your money sink ideas!

Users who are viewing this thread

Ranter

Recruit
I love being dirt poor at the start of the game and filthy rich at the end, but what is the point of having 4 million aurums if there is nothing to spend it on? In most mount and blade mods including native there is really just nothing to strive for after a certain amount of wealth, you just rinse repeat what you have been doing and the game becomes a little dull so how about we brainstorm some ideas into some late game money sinks and see if we can peddle any of them to the developers?

1) The simplest idea that i have actually been able to implement myself is the ability to use ladies to improve relations with lords past zero. Right now you generally use them to fix those -3 relations that you start with but what about showering the lord with 100k gold to get him to really like you? Have 10 lords in your Kingdom who constantly have issues with who you give fiefs to? np just shower them with gold and buy their devotion. This can eat up millions if you rush to start your Kingdom before getting relationships up.

2) Tired of going all over the world looking for that one Lordly item to replace your Reinforced one? Do you feel like the King and owner of three cities shouldn't be doing such a task? Get a personal Smith that will improve your existing item for a small fee of 350k gold. I've seen something like this in 1257 AD mod a long time ago. 

3) Of course the grand money sink would be the creation of your own order/religion something akin to PoP order that you can upgrade indefinitely  assuming you have a begilion gold

post your thoughts on those three ideas and share your own!

-Floris has a function in Garrison options which lets you buy a set of random troops for your town/castle at the cost of a couple thousand cash.

-Other ability that could be given is, when you have your own kingdom, the ability to force feast, or even feasts without a wife by buying them with money.

Also the one money sink there is at the moment is the change culture option given by the Constable, which costs 200k, it doesn't seem to do much thought but it does replace the guards on your court and the recruitable noble troops, while keeping your standard culture intact.

An option to automatically deduct money if you run out of food, rather than starving. Representing buying food from farmers/traders at a high price rather than haggling at market. Far more expensive than just buying the food yourself.

I can think of expeditions. Give your companion enough money so they could travel to distant lands and bring something interesting for you from there. Or they just can drink away it all and say that they had a terrible ship wreck. You'll never know.
something akin to PoP order
Yeah, it was fun, not much of use, but watching those guys getting better and better was strangely satisfying.

Calantyr said:
An option to automatically deduct money if you run out of food, rather than starving. Representing buying food from farmers/traders at a high price rather than haggling at market. Far more expensive than just buying the food yourself.

Alternatively, there could be bigger versions of the current food and drinks for army feeding purposes only, that means, they would not apply for feasts or else it would be a little too OP.

Something equivalent of a military ration or stuff like that.

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Calantyr said:

Alternatively, there could be bigger versions of the current food and drinks for army feeding purposes only, that means, they would not apply for feasts or else it would be a little too OP.

Military rations have already been planned if you read the list of features that are W.I.P

Modder223 said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Calantyr said:

Military rations have already been planned if you read the list of features that are W.I.P

But reading is booooooriiiiiing :sad:

Alfredthegreat said:
with that many money just spend 1000000 on mercenaries, and conquer the whole world.

you should have millions after the first year if you use blunt weapon troops, but when you get to the point where everyone declares war on you because you have gotten too powerful even that money doesn't protect you from losing some cities.

Ranter said:
Alfredthegreat said:
with that many money just spend 1000000 on mercenaries, and conquer the whole world.

you should have millions after the first year if you use blunt weapon troops, but when you get to the point where everyone declares war on you because you have gotten too powerful even that money doesn't protect you from losing some cities.

You could throw money at the enemy units as a weapon.

Don't use blunt weapons then. I played pure kill only weapons. Day 220, I've 1 city, 5 villages, working for Tolrania with 400 top tier units + 200 mid tier/mix units and 55k in my pocket.

Yber said:
Don't use blunt weapons then. I played pure kill only weapons. Day 220, I've 1 city, 5 villages, working for Tolrania with 400 top tier units + 200 mid tier/mix units and 55k in my pocket.

Ranter said:
I love being dirt poor at the start of the game and filthy rich at the end, but what is the point of having 4 million aurums if there is nothing to spend it on?

issue here is lack of ways to spend money not lack of way to gimp youself should you choose to do so.

Money sink??

Just upgrade every companion with top tier lordly stuff....that's bound to eat a million or so.

what about taxes and maintenance costs on building  as well as when your a king a money sink in the form of paying for patrols and raiding party's to spawn....random events like sword of damocles  can be used as a money sink as well

Back
Top Bottom