[Werewolf] Crusade on Castle Mengelberg, (Werewolves Win!)

Users who are viewing this thread

I'll also suggest a compromise then. We lynch Tuckles and the entire village is grateful for it tomorrow.

There are quite a few objections about me wanting to lynch Tuckles based on a single post. I really want to know what's the problem with that. That post was the most wolfish thing I've seen in the last three games. There's absolutely nothing there that isn't suspicious. I actually think you can combine everyone's suspicious behaviour and you won't come near that.

Venerable F. Sheep said:
As pretty much everyone else has pointed out though, Tuckles is currently not contributing in any way and has been acting suspiciously. I think Adaham nails it on the head, and I agree with Adaham and Xardob that whatever way he turns out (though I'm hanging on it being a larger chance he's a lurking wolf), lynching him would be no loss.
Any innocent lynched is a loss. Even if it's a lurker, it's still a vote the wolves don't control.

Venerable F. Sheep said:
As I pointed out before, I was trying to draw them out.

Out of what? They were the most active players at the time you called them out. You claim it was "to distance them from each other" or some kind of bull****, but I highly doubt that. As I said before, it is more likely an attempt at sidestepping the complaints against the previous post.

(whether or not that was a failure is up to the group to decide, but I think it brought up a fresh perspective on a few players and worked out generally okay for the village)

You think you brought up a fresh perspective that helped out the village? Nobody was on-board with you.

They've still voted back to back to lynch me, though (along with Ativan). Understandable when pressured, but a noticeable attempt to start a bandwagon I think, considering they've been 'tunneled' on me the last 6 (if not more) pages.

Except not. Soot has been contributing nicely since then, and even Cado has been a bit critical with Pilgrim and Xardob iirc.

...and I agree with Adaham and Xardob that whatever way he turns out (though I'm hanging on it being a larger chance he's a lurking wolf), lynching him would be no loss.

How about lynching you? Although you have made more posts than Tuckles (hardly), you have been extremely lurky and hiding whenever your posts get criticized.

And if anyone still isn't convinced to vote for Tuckles, here's why you should. Just remember that Adaham already did a very good analysis about him on this post, so I may be repeating some stuff.

Tuckles said:
I can't help but feel overlooked here guys.
He starts by deflecting attention from the fact that he was absent up till that point. That's for us to think he's actually being active in the hunt.

Regarding this whole ComingWinter thing, I just want to drop my two cents.
Any comment that starts like this is already a bad sign.

I agree that immediately distancing yourself from a post is rather dodgy stuff, but the accusations of "overly defensive" are kind of nonsense. You have already pressed the attack. She has no chocie but to defend herself or be deemed "wolfish", but defending herself already deems her "wolfish". ****ed if she does, ****ed if she doesn't isn't it?
The actual comment. At best, it's just an opinion that let's him pend to either side later. At worst it's a wolf preparing himself to jump on a safe bandwagon. First he agrees with the argument for CW being suspicious, he's careful enough to not offer one himself. This is so he can add his vote later to achieve a lynch, if needed. Then he prepares the terrain to back out of the position if the opinion of the village turns against CW being suspicious. By painting the victim in a unwinnable position, he can later claim that the entire lynch was an accident and that the one responsible for it was the lynched player, for making the mistakes that got her into that position. He even leaves room to accuse those that helped to add pressure. Really, if all went well, he wouldn't even need to vote CW to play this card, or could vote her with a reason like this 'I'm not actually suspicious of CW, but among the players that have a chance of being lynched, she is the best bet'.

With that said, I'll Unvote and see how this progresses for a while.
The backing out that was coming since the beginning of the post. That's his admission that he's waiting for the village to take a position before committing one way or another.

I understand the thought process behind this pressure, and honestly it's still an avenue to pursue.
Meaning: 'I support this course of action, but don't actually expect me to dirt my hands'.

Bringing up some issues (i.e. putting them in the forefront), would just detract from the current line and I could be accused of wolfish behavior by taking the heat off an alleged packmate.
That's the only part of the post that makes me doubt a little, but only so because it's so blatant I find difficult to believe a wolf would actually say that. This is him just giving a bad excuse to not change topics because he is happy with the village not discussing him or his packmates.

And the most wolfish comment of all:
I'd just like to remind you guys not to get tunnel vision and remember that there are 11 of us playing this game.
There's nothing more wolfish than commenting on the hunt like this without actually saying anything about any of the players.

Well, Sheep's not giving any less reason to lynch his ass, and I still hold he's the right choice. But of the people left available today, I can only see convincing two people at best. And that ain't enough.

Meaning: 'I support this course of action, but don't actually expect me to dirt my hands'.

I don't particularly support this course of action, but if it avoids a nolynch I'll get my hands dirty and hammer the last nail in.

Assuming you can get a fifth guy on board, at any rate. And that you don't feel like joining the Sheep murdertrain. You totally should.

Welp, I took a look at who's actually been on in the last few hours and decided not to say anything/vote, given how close we are to a no lynch.

Just CW, surprisingly. Short of her showing up or someone else getting up, looks like we're stuck.

Given how we're only gonna get a single extra vote at best, I'll swap over now because either result is better than doing nothing. But don't be surprised when I drop it right back on sheep the following day.

unvote vote:Tuckles

Yeah, I'm not going to vote on someone I'm not heavily certain is a wolf. I believe that we'll only begin to have useful info to work with after a murder actually happens, and any lynch we have now is doomed to inaccuracy to the foundation of day 1 arguments being made up of hunches rather than circumstantial evidence.

I'd like to apologize for not being able to provide a longer post that includes a response to previous posts. It's getting hard finding the time to reply to all the huge posts, I'll make sure to make up for it by being the first poster of day 2 if my throat hasn't been slit. :razz:

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Yeah, I'm not going to vote on someone I'm not heavily certain is a wolf. I believe that we'll only begin to have useful info to work with after a murder actually happens, and any lynch we have now is doomed to inaccuracy to the foundation of day 1 arguments being made up of hunches rather than circumstantial evidence.
Why? What changes then? How would a night kill help us find the wolves?

Posted that too quickly:

Suspicious Pilgrim said:
I believe that we'll only begin to have useful info to work with after a murder actually happens, and any lynch we have now is doomed to inaccuracy to the foundation of day 1 arguments being made up of hunches rather than circumstantial evidence.

****ing really? If the wolves are worth their salt, they will murder someone who will not make it obvious who they are; waiting for a night kill is not necessarily any more reliable than using the information we have from today.  It has been shown time and time again that no-lynches are rarely the way to go, mister "a one week deadline is too slow." And have you paid any information to any of the arguments made against anyone this game? Most of them are made up of more than just "hunches." The whole game is based off uncertainty.

Wow, I hit "post" instead of "preview."

Nipplemelter said:
****ing really? If the wolves are worth their salt, they will murder someone who will not make it obvious who they are; waiting for a night kill is not necessarily any more reliable than using the information we have from today.  It has been shown time and time again that no-lynches are rarely the way to go, mister "a one week deadline is too slow." And have you paid any attention to any of the arguments made against anyone this game? Most of them are made up of more than just "hunches." Regardless, the whole game is based off uncertainty; you can't wait for "evidence" to be handed to you.

And more to the point, why are you so content to give up the single BEST way to get that information we need?

No lynches are bad. We get one chance every day to actually kill one of the wolves - and even if we fail, we get a whole lot more context for everything that happened today. Giving that up? Stupid. Flat out. The more we limit our information, the more times the wolves get to bump off someone dangerous.

While I certainly can't say I'm 100% convinced Tuckles is a wolf - I AM convinced it'll help catch the rest a damn sight more than doing nothing would.

I'm still kind of doubting whether or not we should actually lynch him, but I (tentatively) vote: Tuckles. We won't be losing much in terms of contribution if he's innocent I guess.

Day 1: Vote Count Final

Tuckles (6) - (Xardob, Nipplemelter, Adaham, Venerable F. Sheep, Calodine, Suspicious Pilgrim)
Venerable F. Sheep (2) - (Ativan, Sootshade)
Adaham (2) - (Comingwinter, Pharaoh Llandy)
Suspicious Pilgrim (0) - ()
Sootshade (0) - ()
Nipplemelter (0) - ()
Calodine (0) - ()
ComingWinter (0) - ()
Ativan (0) - ()
Xardob (0) - ()
Pharaoh Llandy (0) - ()

Not Voting (1) (Tuckles Cause he's a piece of poo.)

With 11 Alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.
Day 1 Deadline is September 24th at 12:00AM EST.
[/quote]

Narration incoming as soon as I can finish it. You may all continue to talk except Tuckles who got lynched.

Right, I woke up in the middle of the night just in case to see if I needed to be there to get the lynch on Tuckles, but I guess that's decided already. Whatever the result I do think this lynch should be hugely revealing about how good my analysis of the game really is. In case Tuckles is innocent I think my suspects won't change much. If he's a wolf, I probably will have to re-evaluate Xardob at the very least, obviously.

I'm baffled as to how Pilgrim still managed that at the end of the day, but I guess he also sealed it in the end.

Based on my current thoughts on the game overall I think he might have been an innocent that just played badly. Judging his play on its own, he was shifty as a **** a good lynch candidate.

Back
Top Bottom