[Werewolf] Caravan of Slaughter 2, (Werewolves Win!)

Users who are viewing this thread

I will admit that my use of the "Noob shield" has made my stay here a lot more difficult than intended, albeit unintentionally. This game has definitely been a learning experience for me but it is clear now that I am of no use to the caravan beyond my ability to vote. If I am to be lynched because of this then I accept my fate, not because I am butt hurt or anything, but merely because it is simply not the kind of game that I will ever be good at, not now or ever and by me staying here and I more of a dead weight than anything else.

Volkonski said:
I will admit that my use of the "Noob shield" has made my stay here a lot more difficult than intended, albeit unintentionally. This game has definitely been a learning experience for me but it is clear now that I am of no use to the caravan beyond my ability to vote. If I am to be lynched because of this then I accept my fate, not because I am butt hurt or anything, but merely because it is simply not the kind of game that I will ever be good at, not now or ever and by me staying here and I more of a dead weight than anything else.
Nature's, not honor's, law we must obey: This made me cast my noob-shield away, And by prudent flight and cunning save a life, which valor could not.

That it? Come on. :sad: 's a bit defeatist isn't it? You don't get good at something by giving it one go and then quaking in it's memory. C'mon, keep playing. :razz:

Also, I apologize for the lacktivity, though I have to add that I agree somewhat with Goker's post

AWdeV said:
Also, we're now at slightly more than half the pages of the other game. We did get a baddy lynched in quite a few fewer pages than the other game needed to lynch a townie but I propose we do get a move on ourselves now. Forum seems to be stable enough again so let's get cracking, shall we?

Goker said:
I think I'm good for a Volkonski or König lynch this day.

Okay, so. This statement kind of irks me. It was made very early in the day. I understand, you think Volko and King are suspicious, but limiting yourself to those two without doing any snooping around is a bit pointless. You think König is fishy because of his final vote on Hulk and his ensuing claims that he was in a significant part responsible. He hasn't defended against those accusations yet, so fair enough.

But why Volk? Same stuff from last day? That seems a bit empty. Can you explain why you're good to lynch him? And also why you pre-emptively exclude others from suspicion?
  AND AW's criticism of it.  On one hand; it's not illogical that suspicions or 'would not mind lynching'-s would flow over from the first day to the second or even onward if there is little notable change in posts and posting style.
But on the other I also agree that it could probably do with a bit more elucidation or even slightly postponed; but then I assume Goker didn't mean it as particularly in-depth or urgent but more a sort of 'so far nothing has happened which makes me reconsider my attitude towards these two'. And indeed this is what Goker's later post seems to substantiate.

Which is fair enough. Although of the two I guess I'd rather be rid of the now-wilting daisy who seems to have already given up on the game rather than König who, I could say, seems to have done more to try to catch villains.

I'm actually somewhat peeved that Hulksmash barely registered as suspicious to me. Because I now, with reason, would seem suspicious for not contributing to his lynching. König also adressed this here
König said:
Close seconds are FrisianDude and Goker. Particularly Frisian. His post was so close to the end, that I think it's quite possible he was merely throwing in a note about Hulksmash to A) attempt to allay suspicion of himself, and to B) not be the deciding lynch of a partner.
but would a wolf really mind much to be the deciding vote? To me it seems a bit more likely for a wolf to be the deciding vote for their packy; first scoping out what is going to happen and then when it seems inevitable, quickly join the 'bandwagon' in order, indeed, to allay suspicion.

König said:
There are most likely two wolves left, and right now it seems to me that Quail is one of them.
Could you reiterate why Quail?

I'm more of a realist than a defeatist. I can already see that my lack of experience is no excuse in this game and it's because of this it makes me a dead weight that the villagers can afford to lose.

Not really. Lynching innocents is not the same as "getting rid of dead weight".  Lynching innocents merely means you're that bit more likely to lose because the wolves have less people they have to munch on.

Whether you're innocent or not is a different story.

Sorry for the lack of activity guys, I was on the road visiting friends.

AWdeV said:
Okay, so. This statement kind of irks me. It was made very early in the day. I understand, you think Volko and King are suspicious, but limiting yourself to those two without doing any snooping around is a bit pointless. You think König is fishy because of his final vote on Hulk and his ensuing claims that he was in a significant part responsible. He hasn't defended against those accusations yet, so fair enough.
I've never said I was "in a significant part responsible". I said that I, along with others, had voted for him and posted more than just a bit about having suspicion of him before the fact. As I said, my gut feeling was a bit mixed but I still felt that he was more likely to be a wolf and thus it was a risk worth taking.

FrisianDude said:
but would a wolf really mind much to be the deciding vote? To me it seems a bit more likely for a wolf to be the deciding vote for their packy; first scoping out what is going to happen and then when it seems inevitable, quickly join the 'bandwagon' in order, indeed, to allay suspicion.
While you definitely have a point, I still find it equally possible that a wolf would not want to be the deciding vote. If there's any chance the voters could yet be swayed, then it could be better to wait than to guarantee the lynch of a partner.

FrisianDude said:
Could you reiterate why Quail?
Sure (keep in mind I'm not yet advocating a lynch for him, or anyone, this is just why I currently find him to be the most suspicious).
His utter lack of participation is frustrating and certainly doesn't help either side, but what really makes him stick out to me is the fact he neither voted nor expressed any suspicion (or heck, even a lack of it until after the fact if I'm not mistaken) in Hulk at all. You at least had made a post concerning your suspicions of him before the vote, which is better than nothing. Also, I find this post to be... well... a bit of a stretch.
QuailLover said:
It is quite simple. Hulksmash played well enough, that I did not suspect him in the slightest.

Also;
Goker said:
I think I've seen both Volkonski and König use the "lack of skill" or "newbie" arguments in this game so either they're wolves or they're no use to us by smelling like dogs.
I'm pretty sure I haven't done that here.

I'll try and post a LoS and more later.

König said:
FrisianDude said:
While you definitely have a point, I still find it equally possible that a wolf would not want to be the deciding vote. If there's any chance the voters could yet be swayed, then it could be better to wait than to guarantee the lynch of a partner.

You think there was a chance that voters could be swayed when it was 4 votes to Hulksmash and no other player had 2 votes? Both me and Quail had a chance to be the deciding vote and in fact, I had almost voted for Hulksmash but I thought it wiser to see if the others would go for it. I suspect you more now because not only did you not mind being the one who cast the deciding vote but you quickly turned on those who would shy away from it in, which I believe to be, an effort to allay suspicion as Frisian has already said so.

Your effort in trying to group the player base into two with regards to who voted on Hulksmash when you yourself was the one who voted last and did not agree with the other 4 votes in the beginning makes you very suspicious indeed.

König said:
Goker said:
I think I've seen both Volkonski and König use the "lack of skill" or "newbie" arguments in this game so either they're wolves or they're no use to us by smelling like dogs.
I'm pretty sure I haven't done that here.

I was referencing what you said when Eternal suspected you.

König said:
Eternal said:
Konig - Obvious wolf is obvious. Notice my "skate their way to victory" comment above. He blatantly bandwagons on AWdeV without contributing anything interesting or new whatsoever.
"Blatantly bandwagons"? So now it's a crime to agree with someone enough to change your vote? I may not have had a lot to say, but it was certainly not all a reiteration of what AWdeV said. Besides, as I've said before, I believe he made good and valid points.

I'm beginning to feel this could be a repeat of the last WW game Eternal and I were in, in which we were both villagers but I was almost lynched because I seemed to be acting wolfish due to my poor skill at this game. I may be wrong, but his behavior was similar, and I'm willing to consider that a possibility. Regardless, for the time being, I'm retracting my vote.

Goker said:
QuailLover said:
Goker: I think if you vote for Hulk now, it's a lynch. Even though, I think at this point, it's almost set that it will be him.
Yeah. Though I do wonder why you don't vote yourself.

I said earlier, that I simply didn't suspect Hulksmash in the slightest, thus I made a statement by not voting for him.

Vote: Konig

So, this is my reasoning: I think, he realized that Hulksmash was going down. One of the tactics wolves use is to vote for a doomed comrade. Usually by doing the final "reluctant" vote.
He is also re-hashing arguments from day one, that didn't really go anywhere.

I'm good to play again, but CloudFlare issues do keep popping up with the DDOS persistence, according to Cloudflare and Janus in the relevant thread, it should finally be dealt with now that the checks are in place (and they dealt with those backdoors). We'll see what happens over next the 12-24 hours and if I don't personally have any issues, I'll finally actually contribute to this day and we can back on track.

Day 2: Vote Count 1

Konig (1) - (QuailLover)
Volkonski (1) - (Austupaio)
Austupaio (0) - ()
Quaillover (0) - ()
AWdeV (0) - ()
FrisianDude (0) - ()
Goker (0) - ()

Not Voting (7) (Everyone else...)

With 7 Alive, 4 to Lynch
Day 2: Deadline is October 4th at 11:59PM EST

Ahem, I think we can safely say that the game has no more reason to be delayed and therefore I'll expect posts from everyone within a reasonable time frame.
Austupaio said:
Depending on tonight's results, tomorrow I'll be after Volkonski for previously stated reasons. Runners-up are Konig for that interestingly timed hammervote, followed by Quail and Goker for activity reasons.
So I initially posted that during last night's twilight, and I still pretty much hold to it. Moving on.

König said:
Voted for Hulksmash: Eternal, AWdeV, Volkonski, Austupaio, König

Did not vote for Hulksmash: Goker, FrisianDude, Quail

Expressed significant suspicion of Hulksmash: Eternal, AWdeV, Volkonski, Austupaio, König, Goker, FrisianDude (mildly)

Did not express much suspicion of Hulksmash: Quail (presumably), Goker

From this information, I feel that Quail is currently the most suspicious. He didn't vote for anyone, nor did he express much suspicion towards Hulk.

Close seconds are FrisianDude and Goker. Particularly Frisian. His post was so close to the end, that I think it's quite possible he was merely throwing in a note about Hulksmash to A) attempt to allay suspicion of himself, and to B) not be the deciding lynch of a partner.

There are most likely two wolves left, and right now it seems to me that Quail is one of them.
Konig comes out of the gate actually trying to do some hunting, but it feels a little contrived, particulary as what Goker said later (thank you Goker for being one of the active guys before the CloudFlarepocalypse) rung true with me.
Goker said:
I think you're getting a little too ahead of yourself and trying a bit too hard to put yourself out of the suspect list by trying to blend in with the rest who thought Hulksmash guilty.

I seem to recall that you weren't as convinced as the rest of the group about Hulksmash's wolfiness and voted only when the lynch was inevitable.

I, myself, didn't vote for Hulksmash because while it was inevitable that he would be lynched, I wanted to see who wouldn't shy away from putting the last nail in the coffin. You sure did and you sure are quite keen on trying to divert attention from yourself by trying to put blame on those who didn't vote for Hulksmash.

I think I'm good for a Volkonski or König lynch this day.
I believe his reasoning, and I think I agree with it. This diversion would have even worked, because even at the time it didn't occur to me that you were one of the people that should be suspicious by your own logic.

Then there was my controversial post.
Austupaio said:
Volkonski said:
I'm going to reduce my suspicion on Austupaio as I do believe he was just paranoid and not thinking clearly, pinning me as the werewolf due to my noobish behavior instead of looking beyond the box at the others.
Vote: Volkonski

I don't have time this morning, but later today I will be breaking apart some posts from yesterday, examining Hulk's potential packmates, Eternal's possible enemies and explaining why I just voted for Volkonski in detail, although honestly it should be quite clear.

As I said, it should be pretty clear. Volkonski's post contained little hunting and that last bit was so damned wolfy. He's 'reducing his suspicion of me' after his blatent OMGUS was pointed out, I see this as a way to get me off his back. He backs that up by saying that he doesn't disagree with me, I'm not really a bad hunter, I just got a little confused. This offering of the olive branch is just another attempt to dissuade myself hunting him. He concludes it by saying my only true reason for voting was his noobish behaviour, without refuting the things I had been saying that were unrelated.

The post just reads so transparent and self-serving that I couldn't possibly let it slide without a vote.

To expand on my own portion of that quote, I did promise examination of Day 1 and I have to apologize for not providing it. My mind is just too divorced from the events of Day 1 after so much time has elapsed, so I'd rather focus on what has happened so far on Day 2.

So, I know this post is a little light but I want to get everyone involved in the discussion again before we get into this real heavily.

I want to also throw up a rudimentary LoS.

Goker - Goker has made a much better showing on Day 2 than Day 1, and I hope he keeps it up. His arguments have rung true for me, and I don't have a bone to pick with him. He's replacing Eternal for me as my go-to villager for second opinions.

AWdeV - So AWdeV and Frisian have been active-ish today, and they were active-ish yesterday. I appreciate them for that reason, and their thoughts and the way they've presented them have risen no red flags from me. However, they stay firmly in the middle of the list because I don't really know how either of them feel. I'd like a hard-hitting wolf-hunting post from each of them saying who they really want to kill.
Frisiandude - See above

Quaillover - Need more activity to review, could be a skating under the radar wolf, but I'm not getting that gut feeling. Could be convinced of his guilt, but I'm not feeling it myself at this moment.

Konig - So, I feel that of Goker and Konig's contributions today (the only true argument so far), Goker had stronger and more pure arguments. Konig is definitely active, and I won't say that I don't appreciate that, but it doesn't mean he doesn't have fur. His hammervote was just too conveniantly timed for him and inconveniantly timed for the village. I would lynch this man.

Volkonski - You all know how I feel about Volkonski, I want him lynched. Hell, he may be an innocent playing terribly, it's not unusual, but I really feel there's a suspicious, defensive wolf trying to squirm away here. I'm willing to take the heat if I'm wrong.

Re-iterating myself due to the activity lapse, Unvote, Vote: Volkonski. This can change if I see some good arguments turn up from my Green/Orange villagers.

P.S. I used Orange instead of Yellow for neutral thoughts since someone said Yellow was hard to see.

Unvote, Vote: Volkonski.
I forgot to bold that, kind of lessening the drama of voting for the same guy twice but whatever. Only me and Quail are voting as of right now, so get in here, dudes.

I still haven't seen a logical response to my doubts about König and while I do agree with Aust on Volkonski's suspicious behaviour. However, I am not quite sure he is the one to lynch this turn. I am sick of the "noob" argument he keeps on using but he has been quiet for a long while now, which makes me think König is a better choice for this day. So perhaps shutting up serves Volkonski well, eh?  :lol:

Anyways, I will Vote: König for now. There hasn't been a lot of conversation in this round but he König surely seemed the most wolfish in my eyes.

Day 2: Vote Count 2

Konig (2) - (QuailLover, Goker)
Volkonski (1) - (Austupaio)
Austupaio (0) - ()
Quaillover (0) - ()
AWdeV (0) - ()
FrisianDude (0) - ()
Goker (0) - ()

Not Voting (4) (Everyone else...)

With 7 Alive, 4 to Lynch
Day 2: Deadline is October 4th at 11:59PM EST

My apologies lads and ladles I have been both slightly sick and rather busy lately. In fact, lots of stuff to do now. :<

Honestly guys, I think I've dug myself into a hole. I can tell you how you're barking up the wrong tree all day long, but at this point I'm at a loss for how to decently defend myself here. Goker made some logically sound (but still wrong) points, and while he could very well be a wolf taking advantage of my predicament, I'm feeling now that he is genuinely trying to do wolf hunting. Which is good, but as I've said, you're barking up the wrong tree. I got over zealous after we were lucky enough to catch a wolf on the first day, and in my attempt to help catch the remaining wolf/wolves I got carried away and made myself look like a prime suspect. As for the "hammervote" itself, it had to be somebody and I was suspicious enough of Hulk to be willing to take the associated risks.

All that said, and I realize how some of you may perceive it, and how little good it will probably do me. If my life is the price to pay for the death of a wolf, then so be it. Regardless, I'm not resigning. The real wolves are still out there.

Austupaio said:
Konig - So, I feel that of Goker and Konig's contributions today (the only true argument so far), Goker had stronger and more pure arguments. Konig is definitely active, and I won't say that I don't appreciate that, but it doesn't mean he doesn't have fur. His hammervote was just too conveniantly timed for him and inconveniantly timed for the village. I would lynch this man.
I suppose I can see how you might say it was conveniently timed for me, but I'm not sure how you see it as inconveniently timed for the village? (mostly out of curiosity I suppose) Could you clarify what you mean by that?

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Quaillover.
Bad vibes and lack of activity aside, I'm not buying his "I didn't find Hulksmash suspicious at all" excuse. To say that he didn't find Hulksmash suspicious in the least sets off warning bells for me. And lest I be accused of an OMGUS, take note that I've been commenting on my suspicions of him for a while now. Long before he voted for me.

I'll try and put up a LoS sometime soon.

So you think everyone had to be suspicious of Hulksmash? Because according to what you are saying, everyone who didn't vote on him is suspicious then.

Sorry for the inactivity, I've been doing 9am till 6pm shifts all week and I'm most likely going to be doing the same the next week. I'm going to have to keep this short as I need to start sorting stuff for work tomorrow, so all I can say is think what you will Aust but maybe you're going a bit too gungho about this, surely you made a lot of noobish mistakes during your first game?.

Yeah, I did, and you know what? Adaham lynched me for it.

But I also know that the same thing would've happened if I had been red rather than blue that game, being a noob does not make it impossible to be a wolf. It's not a defense.

Back
Top Bottom