[Werewolf] Caravan of Slaughter 2, (Werewolves Win!)

Users who are viewing this thread

CryoNomad

Llandy was here
Grandmaster Knight
Game: Caravan of Slaughter 2

Alive:
  • FrisianDude - Royal Treasurer (Werewolf)

Dead:

Game Rules:

General Gameplay and Etiquette:
  • You may not quote private Moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind.  Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  • There is no editing or removing of your posts. Please use the preview feature before you post.
  • There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
  • If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline.  If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions. 
  • Roles with Night actions will not be able to submit an action on Night 0 (i.e. during the confirmation stage).
  • Any player with a Night action may instead submit a “No Action” PM to let the Mod know that you do not want to perform your expected action that Night phase.
  • In order for all players to play at least one game day this game will start with a Day phase.  Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  • As a general rule you should aim for one post every 48 hours, minimum, to keep the game moving.
  • All days have strict 1-week deadlines.  Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.

Voting, Deadlines, and Player Death:
  • A simple majority of all living members must agree on one person for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down).
  • Votes should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Vote:  Player).
  • Vote revocations should be bolded or they may not be counted (e.g. Unvote: Player or Unvote).  Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  • You may Vote:  No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  • Votes/Unvotes that are bolded correctly and are unambiguous (with respect to player nicknames/abbreviations) will count.
  • If no one has reached a majority of votes at deadline, a No Lynch will occur.
  • Once you have reached a simple majority no further unvoting will change someone’s fate.
  • Once a player is lynched the game enters twilight until I post a death scene; the lynched player may not post during twilight but all other living players may continue to post.
  • Once you are killed (either via lynch or night kill) you may no longer post except for a brief “Bah!”-type post.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
  • Red or Purple text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed.
  • Votecounts will be posted once per page or once per day, whichever is less.
  • If you have an issue/problem with the game, please PM the Mod privately.  Do not post issues/complaints in the game thread.
  • The Mod may make mistakes - please point out any mistakes gently. Mistakes will be corrected where possible, but sometimes mistakes are made that cannot be reversed.  These will stand as final to be commiserated over after the game.
  • Please bold all requests to the Mod so that they don’t get missed.
  • Prods of missing players will be issued upon request or on the 4th day of no activity.  A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  • Rules violations will be dealt with according to their severity, up to and including a Modkill.  Modkills may be accompanied by a change to day/night.
  • Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to Mod discretion and will be handled as the Mod sees fit on a case-by-case basis.
  • If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period please post a notice to that effect in the thread. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.

The Golden Rule:

Please remember that this is a game and your main objective is to have fun!  Be considerate of each other, don’t get personal, and enjoy the game.

The setup is in a simple role format for this game. To prevent the development of game-breaking strategies, this game is Semi-Open, wherein the actual game setup is randomly chosen from one of four possible setups as detailed below:

* 1 Regular Werewolf, 1 Alpha Werewolf (Roleblocker), 1 Sane Seer, 1 Sane Guardian Angel, 5 Villager
    * 1 Regular Werewolf, 1 Alpha Werewolf (Roleblocker), 5 Villager
    * 2 Regular Werewolves, 1 Sane Seer, 6 Villager
    * 2 Regular Werewolves, 1 Sane Guardian Angel, 6 Villager

If either of the first two setups are in play, and the situation occurs where the regular werewolves are lynched first, the Roleblocker will still be able to submit both night kills and roleblocks (roleblocking is a function of the Roleblocker; night kills are a function of the scum team as a whole).

These are the Role PMs that have potentially been sent to the players:

You are a member of the Werewolf group along with your partner name. You will attempt take the village by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber or equal the populace.

* During the day, try to blend in with the normal Villagers, and attempt to get someone lynched.
    * During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow werewolves (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
    * You may communicate privately with your fellow Werewolves up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
    * You win when the number of Werewolves equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
You are a member of the Werewolf group along with your partners name and name. You will attempt take the village by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber or equal the populace. You are a smarter than a normal werewolf and can help your group by harrassing a player keeping them from leaving their house.

* During the day, try to blend in with the normal Villagers, and attempt to get someone lynched.
    * As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
    * Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have no Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not, and players without Night actions will not know you targeted them.
    * During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Werewolves (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
    * You may communicate privately with your fellow Werewolves up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.
    * You win when the number of Werewolves equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.
You are a normal Villager, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.

* You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
    * Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
    * At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.
    * You win when all the Werewolf players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
You are the local Seer, and can tell the good guys from the bad.

* Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
    * The Moderator will inform you as to that person’s alignment.
    * You will always get a correct result (no sanity issues).
    * You win when all the Werewolf players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.
You are a Guardian Angel, and can protect the people from harm.

* Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
    * If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
    * You may not protect yourself.
    * Your protection target will always live through the night (no quacks).
    * You win when all the Werewolve players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

The year is 1358. A caravan set out from Manchester with a cargo of meats and grains to London, with a hidden allotment of the wagon's space going to the precious, and well-hidden, cargo of jewelry and gold ornaments returning to the Royal Treasury. This caravan set out with eleven men just before the full moon. Now, although the precious cargo was thought to be known about only by the caravan master and his second, it turned out that someone else found out about it, and upon checking on it, the caravan master noticed that part of the cargo had gone missing. He figured since it wasn't him, and it couldn't be his man, it must have been one of the eight other men in the party. However, he couldn't truly rule out his man without biasing the results. So that evening he searched the personal belongings of some of his top suspects and found a few rings and a golden chalice in the bedroll of one of the first men he had hired. He decided the robber would have to be executed, because keeping him prisoner would only cause more problems amongst the party. He ordered his man to tie the thief to a post and slit his throat. The thief was brought, struggling hard, to the post, and tied hand and foot. The man drew his blade and prepared to slit the thief's throat, but before he could make the final stroke, the thief ripped his right hand from its bonds, and swiped the now-growing claws across the man's face. In his agony, however, his arm spasmed, thrusting the knife into the thief, now werewolf's, throat, wounding him enough that the caravan master could draw his falchion and hack off the wolf's head.

The caravan master realized the danger of the situation immediately, and dismissed the rest of the party to supper, taking it upon himself to search for evidence of more werewolves, but he found nothing. The party went to sleep, the caravan master uneasy, and sleeping little. The next morning, having heard suspicious sounds throughout the night, and smelling an acidic scent close to dawn, the  caravan master's second searched the area before anyone else awoke. The first thing he noticed was the blood across the tent flaps of the Caravan Master. Upon careful examination of the surrounding earth, he discovered the tracks of another werewolf. He walked into the Caravan Master's tent to find the old man dead and his body torn apart with parts laying around the room in a most violent killing.

After the rest of the party woke, the caravan master's second and now the new caravan master explained the situation to them and how the hunt for this other werewolf was on. Luckily, he figured he had more people loyal to him than not or they would be dead by now and some of the smartest employees to be hired so hopefully they would all mostly get to London alive.

OKAY TO POST!

Well, lads, I got clawed in the face and Caravan Master is dead. It seems the werewolf is trying to take down the leadership of this caravan but do not falter as I am in charge now and we shall be rid of this scourge soon.

This is actually my debut for Werewolf games so I'm happy to be joining this one. Hope it will be a good one, folks.

This is outrageous! We must find and kill these beasts, and the sooner the better! My goods are due in London shortly, and I can't afford a delayed arrival.

The two simultaneous Werewolf games confused me a bit. Still, it should be fun. Hopefully I'll do better than last time,, where I got killed on night one.

With that said, I'll keep with tradition and cast a vote.
Vote: Eternal

Your purple text is hard to read on my chocolate curvaeceous.  :sad:

Guardsman AWdeV reporting for duty.

Are we supposed to vote in the first post? Cuz I didn't see it in the rules and I do not particularily see the point. Especially not if, like Austu, it's just based on the order of the list.

Although I have to admit to some curiosity aa to why Hulksmash picked Eternal. It looks more specific.

Had he lost an eye, would you have dismissed Goker as a pirate? :lol: 

And I'm not sure why Eternal? What's the thought process there?

FrisianDude said:
Had he lost an eye, would you have dismissed Goker as a pirate? :lol: 

And I'm not sure why Eternal? What's the thought process there?
All of the caravan guards seem suspicious to me, I only picked Eternal via the ancient process of eenie meenie miney mo, so no thought was really put into it. It's quite early in the game mind so I'm only taking potshots, I'll elaborate more as the game progresses.

As for Goker, depending on what type of werewolves these things are, some have the ability to turn someone into one by scratching or biting, hence my suspicion. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though, for now.

Volkonski said:
As for Goker, depending on what type of werewolves these things are, some have the ability to turn someone into one by scratching or biting, hence my suspicion. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt though, for now.
That is nonsense. We have no proof of that. I would even question how you know of such a thing. Maybe you're a werewolf yourself!?

I don't trust the merchants myself. I don't know them well enough to turn my back to them.

Vote: Konig.

Day 1: Vote Count 1

Eternal (2) - (Hulksmash, Volkonski)
Quaillover (1) - (Austupaio)
Konig (1) - (Goker)
FrisianDude (1) - (Eternal)
AWdeV (0) - ()
Volkonski (0) - ()
Goker (0) - ()
Austupaio (0) - ()
Hulksmash (0) - ()

No Lynch (0) - ()

Not Voting (9) (Konig, Quaillover, FrisianDude, AWdeV)

With 9 Alive, it takes 5 votes to lynch.
Day 1 Deadline is September 24th at 12:00AM EST.

AWdeV said:
Your purple text is hard to read on my chocolate curvaeceous.  :sad:

Are we supposed to vote in the first post? Cuz I didn't see it in the rules and I do not particularily see the point. Especially not if, like Austu, it's just based on the order of the list.

So you are one of those forum people.. You do not have to vote in your first post it is more tradition than anything but it has shown to stir the game up and jump start discussion which every game needs so it is strongly encouraged.

AWdeV said:
Also, I hope these games aren't depriging quail's game of replacemens.

They are not. I have talked with Quail on getting him replacements and I avoided players that were willing to replace in. I wouldn't string up another host like that.

On that note, Quaillover has been kindly asked to check in.

Volkonski said:
Hmm. I'm a tad suspicious of Goker due to his injury, but I think I'll stick on the safe side for now and vote on someone else.

Vote:Eternal
That's pure narration, Goker's role won't be affected by that.

Good to see an early band wagon though, no better noob wolf bait.

P.S, yes there's often even a rule to vote in the first post but I didn't feel like making a joke and went for pressuring those that haven't shown up yet.

Goker said:
Volkonski said:
That is nonsense. We have no proof of that. I would even question how you know of such a thing. Maybe you're a werewolf yourself!?

I don't trust the merchants myself. I don't know them well enough to turn my back to them.

Vote: Konig.
It's common knowledge that a person can transform into a werewolf if said person is scratched, bitten, wears a wolf-belt, selling your soul to the devil etc etc. Honestly I'm surprised you don't know that, nearly everyone in my village knew of this back when I was a boy and it was quite often that a person was killed if they were attacked by a wolf out of fear that they would turn. You aren't one of them town-folk that ignores "peasant superstition" are you?.

It seemed a bit premature for pressuring as the thread had been up for, like, two hours at that point. :razz:

Still though, fair enough.

And yeah, narration generally doesn't provide any clues except for general things like who snuffed it. It won't have an effect on his role and I don't think the wound-as-mentioned-in-narration would mean he's going to transform into a werewolf. There generally is no way of transmitting wolfishness/"converting" innocents to the dark side. And if there was, the recipient would probably not be named in the narration. :lol:

Wolves in this game are more "rip and tear" than "nibble and convert".

Excellent, Ejno.

in-post edit; ah. It's not necessary/maybe a bit silly to actually roleplay in the game. I mean, you could do it, but it's not going to earn you any extra points (shouldn't, anyway) nor is it going to make it easier to find wolves.

Back
Top Bottom