Error: inventory load out id is not defined

Users who are viewing this thread

RAILHAWK

Regular
So I started up my server and I got multiple error messages saying:
Error: inventory load out id x is not defined (x being the number). Any idea what this does and how to fix it?

I think it has something to do with the animals that aren't spawning even though I have the animal set to 1 for deer and the spawn time as 2 hours. I'm using the map Great Divide and perhaps this is why the original map maker didn't add any herd animal spawns. I also have the combat bonus set to 0 so that people don't lose any money when they die...would this have anything to do the herd animal spawns? My herd animal limit is 50.

It is caused by you putting a number in value 2 of an item chest prop which isn't a valid "load out id", as listed near the bottom of module_scripts (in the corresponding PW module system). A "load out" is a sort of list of items that the chest will contain when the server is started, with random variations (if specified); so it is probably more appropriate for more short lived "event" type servers, but it could be used to assist starting defence or production,  or to hide random "loot" around the scene. You can add new load outs with only a server side module change: just copy new lines in the chests_fill_starting_inventory script, giving them an id that is unique, then building and uploading the module to the server (you would only need to copy scripts.txt if that is the only change from PW 4.4.0).

Yeah I was wondering how you had starting items in the chests of your Default Scene. How exactly do you do that. What scripts do I change? Oh and thanks Vornne. You're always a big help.  :grin:

You don't need to change any scripts: just read the end of module_scripts.py from the PW module system at version 4.4.0 (or whatever is current), and choose the number to put in Value 2 of the chest. For example, 3 would give a semi random collection of bread, cooked fish, cooked meat, meat pies, salted fish, or grapes; 13 would give various combinations of peasant clothes and tools; 18 would result in random "bandit" style equipment or precious metal bar; 99 would result in a random outfit of top tier armor and weapon... etc. The load outs included are mainly just as an example, for event hosters to copy for more specific requirements; but if a general scene maker wanted to include some more default load outs that seem useful, they might be added for the next official version.

You can read the code online here: https://github.com/vornne/pw_module_system/blob/pw/module_scripts.py#L12329 (might be slow to load).

Back
Top Bottom