Did I miss something?

Users who are viewing this thread

zeldata

Recruit
I heard this mod was so good however after I played for about 10 hours, still, I could not find any different from native or
something unique.

I heard that there was an invasion troop. Is it possible to let them invade now? at Day 1  when my character's level is 1 is acceptable.
Is there any unique thing at late game?

Also, with high level but the lacking of skill points of my troops, the game will become somewhat grinding for xp and money to feed my troops more than in native. Does PoP have it own way to solve this problem or it will end the same as in native? (paying all debt after conquering caldaria)

Bow and Crossbow are crap though only about 85 % accuracy probably in late game they will get higher. This 85% makes their effective range at about 50-100 paces in game which normally throwing weapons in native can do perfectly, faster, more accurate and more lethal than bow and crossbow. (Still they are good in siege battles)
I wonder if they can get higher, maybe, to the point when they become machine gunners :razz:
I am not fan of throwing weapons so I don't sure about its accuracy.

To sum up, the thing I think I will do in this mod is get my custom troops and dominate the map, but that will be the same as what I did in native (get range troops, be aggressive, no defending castle and town, keep siegeing and wrecking havoc on caldaria until no one can stand but player). I heard this mod is good, probably, I missed something interesting.

Final edited: 20 Real life days later after this topic was created. I make my comment here for others who are going to play this mod deeply.
Up to this point, I can say safely that Prophesy of Pendor is a mod that increases contents that Native mod(original game) has but to compare it to some other mods, Prophesy of Pendor is not increased that much. What I did type below, it still stays true.
The mod itself is focused on increasing quantity of things more than new contents. If it is compared to other mods about new contents I can type safely that it has none.
10/1/2014, dd/mm/yyyy

Dude... You did ofc miss something... Minor factions to beat, knighthood orders, unique weapons, armor and troops, new map, new factions. And a "tiny" little detail called lore.
Yes you missed like the whole point of the mod.

the invading faction is probably from native expansion

other than that there are  numerous other army invasion armies that pop every now and then, there is no quick or large money making scheme unique to pop, what worked in native works here, so its the same, gotta save up a bunch of money before you go to war

and yeah, what xzayler said, you missed on the point of a lot of things

here you may want to read this to know whats in here

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151074.0.html

and this too

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,267392.0.html

Xzayler said:
Dude... You did ofc miss something... Minor factions to beat, knighthood orders, unique weapons, armor and troops, new map, new factions. And a "tiny" little detail called lore.
read the spoiler please.... that "new map" words...  :oops: as if there was no single word in spoiler tag :razz:

Rajion said:
the invading faction is probably from native expansion

other than that there are  numerous other army invasion armies that pop every now and then, there is no quick or large money making scheme unique to pop, what worked in native works here, so its the same, gotta save up a bunch of money before you go to war

and yeah, what xzayler said, you missed on the point of a lot of things

here you may want to read this to know whats in here

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,151074.0.html

and this too

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,267392.0.html
- There is supposed to be only 1 kind of troop that can be edited in game, right? ....
- That invading faction doesn't really do invading job at all. They just act like bandits and going messing around land and towns.
From my experience, this big bomb group should be keeping alive since it yields profit however there is an unique spawn.
- and unique spawns can not be tracked. They are big 500+ men and it is not a big deal to have a option to send someone to check where they are.
- I agree with you, what work in native works here... it is almost the same as native with no major difference.

I double post so it is easy to read if it is in separate table.

Let me talk about game process that I play this game over 30+ hours
- First thing to do is level up, best place is to grab a bow or some range weapon, waiting for besieging and go to defense.
- Then paying some money for friendly relation.
- repeat and aim for Leadership 10, surgery 10, trainer 10.
Which usually Trainer > Surgery > Leadership.
- Do the arena and get 2000 each, it is easy and pretty sure that you will win if you have a correct weapon.
- buy 40+ points armor, some weapons and horse.
- going solo easy bandits (white name), trying to increase renown to 150.
- farming in tournament, get all 18 enterprises. The cost should be 17x10 000 + 12000 (hide factory in town that produces velvet mainly)
- I suggests at this point to wait for money and get high armor horse, which should be 50+ armor with about 40 speed, good body armor, which should be 50+, good weapons, 30+ for melee.
However, there is a way to get easy item. Go to the desert near poisonberk(?). You will found jatu (my honor lance, jatu! :razz:) and pull them into forest where there is a lake on the deep part, where you will see noldor troop. Now, it is time to make them fight each other and you should help noldor. You should get at least >= 30 relation points with them, more than this looks pointless.
- Next is to get companions, get at least a few to be non-death shield wall for our army and at least one INT type for party skills.
It is time to choose troop.
O Reavenster - I choose this nation, go for mounted archery. They have a cheap cavalry and it is good thing to mix 1-10 of them in my mounted archery to create a defect.
O Green guy - How hard to spell its name. It is infantry-based faction. They die so fast against cavalry charge.
O Red guy - thier troop have a big spear and a bow. The best part is their bowmen are easy to kill.
O a guy in desert - not sure what they really do. They seemed to be lazy and didn't expand their territory much.
O a guy who I always forget - They are far always from 24/7 war-land which is locate at the border between red and green nation. They have a crossbow and they are even easier to kill than red nation's bowmen.
- Next step maybe conquering the land or beating 270 jatu in the quest from a guy in Laris' tavern.
- After that it is pretty much the same as native even there is something called knight of order. Their status points are just so-so.
To be concluded all grinding points at the game
1. Level UP (this mod is about 1-40)
2. Get income sources which are enterprise, renown (accessing tournament) and your equiments.
3. get troops and companions.
4. start the gotcha kill 'em all campaign.
and here is what I did in native
1. Level UP
2. Get income sources
3. Go, get troops
4. start the gotta kill 'em all campaign.
There are also things that are so unique about the mod
1. sound which are f*** *** screaming, horn sound and jatu "meet my honor lance..." :razz:
2. Grind-feast difficulty
3. invaders who never success invade anything.
4. lots of 6 and 7
5. Welcome to Prophesy of Noldor :grin:

... :shock: The **** did I just read?
Dude, Zeldata wasn't asking about what s/he's should do to get xp and start the "gotcha kill 'em all campaign" whatever that is.

zeldata said:
Xzayler said:
read the spoiler please.... that "new map" words...  :oops: as if there was no single word in spoiler tag :razz:

What?

Anyways, you guys seem to miss the "lore-playing" part. "Oh its just a game, lets get money, complete the victory conditions and win, forgetting about everything else." I'm ok with you having fun with it this way but then accept that the mod ends there and that there isn't anything else.

Btw, PoP is also way harder than native. Give yourself restrictions and play that way

Hmm, well I don't know what you expect from a mod, but I found PoP a very unique and fun mod, and you seem to play it quite differently than me, one of the things I like about it is the immersion, and how balanced and well done the mod is, and all the small little details.

The invading minor factions doesn't hold land, they siege cities and loot them, or they just wander around being a problem for other factions (and I like it that way)

If you simply follow some min-max strategy every mod will be more or less the same.  You seem to completely ignore the entire lore, seeing as you do not even bother to remember the names of the different kingdoms. They all have their very special flavour, there are many rumours to be heard about them and the multitude of minor factions in the taverns, the invading armies can be a major strategical factor as they can siege and sack towns or disperse entire campaign forces. There is also an entire quest line associated with the knighthood orders (not knights of order, seriously. The latter are from the Shivering Isles.)
If you want to know what's special about PoP, I recommend you actually play the game rather than simply beat it.

30+ hours and a summary?
I reckon you´re spoiled by nowadays games, impatient youngster, when 30 hours is all it takes to beat a game.

You should acquire some of those older pieces which last for years and are fun to play, even after hundreds of hours because you encounter something new.

Giving an opinion after a slight sneeze into PoP isn´t the way to impress anyone or make friends easily. So take a slower pace and enjoy yourself rather than rush the min-max attitude through it.

Back
Top Bottom