Some Questions From a New Player

Users who are viewing this thread

mcgillicuddy

Recruit
Yeah, I'm a self-described 1257 noob.  Love the game so far but I do have some things I need clarifications on.

1.  When I chose my character I affiliated myself with the Kingdom of England.  Does this automatically make me a lord of that realm?  When I go to Henry III to ask for quests he says it is more suited for a man of his and not a vassal of the realm; so then how do I get quests from the King and other high ranking lords?

2.  After getting to about 100 renown I started noticing people mentioning a fief being granted to me.  However I never had a conversation with the King where he specifically said I am now granting you this thief.  Did that make me a lord?

3.  How do I gain reputation with the various English lords if they won't give me missions?

4.  What is the best place to upgrade English troops.  Right now I am doing quests from different guild masters then buying mercenaries.  As my skill levels increase will the level of mercenary I can recruit also increase?

5.  At what point can I build a regional manor?  I haven't seen the option to do this anywhere. 

6.  Where do I eventually find people who want to take the crown from the king?  (Pretenders)

7.  Will the decapitation mod work in conjunction with this?

Thank you for helping the new guy!

1. Yes you are a lord as you should have a fief from start, go check it in REPORTS->view character report. There it will say what fief you got.

2. When you are a vassal of the King you are a Lord even if no fief is in your possession but as I say you should have one.

3. Keep asking, always someone who wants a relative taken to some other place, to borrow your companion or to train their troops. Someone will ask you to *start a war* which gives you lower reputation with your King. Track them and help in easy battles against anyone.

4. No, the mercenaries wont improve. Get english troops in your fief. I am sure you should have one from start as you chose to belong to England.

5. You can build regional manor in your fiefs, in the menu there is the option. If its not, then it already exists so find it around the fief of yours.

6. I don't remember if those guys exist in this mode. Anyway you wont find him in England if its an English crown pretender you looking for. You can make yourself a King in this mode.

7. Sorry haven't heard anyone try it. Don't think so.

Batko said:
6. I don't remember if those guys exist in this mode. Anyway you wont find him in England if its an English crown pretender you looking for. You can make yourself a King in this mode.

Thank you so much for your response.  I made a new game and am playing as a merc for England; feel like I should have to work for my vassalage! 

Did you mean that in this mode (1257 ad) you can become king?  Or did you mean in the feature that does not exist in 1257 you can become king and therefore that ability is not in 1257?

Its kind of the purpose of the game that you become a King.
You can either capture by yourself, as a no vassal of anyone, a castle and start making your companions Lords or Rebel against a King as a vassal and start your own Kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom