Regarding crossbows

Users who are viewing this thread

TheAnyKey

Sergeant
The questions might also apply to other weapons.

1. What does the skill increase? Accuracy, damage and speed? Anything else?
2. Does twice the speed rating mean the crossbow is actually reloaded/shot twice as fast? E.g. Is a 40 speed rating crossbow shot twice as often/time as one with a 20 rating? 2.a. Does agility impact the reload/shoot speed significantly?
3. Is the range between crossbows different? The stronger ones (Heavy/Siege) shooting farther? -- 3.a. Is the range crossbow/bow the same?
4. Is horse archery important for crossbows and does it work in the same manner as it does for bows/thrown?
5. Is the hit chance different between crossbows/bows? E.g. because of arrow/bolt ballistics, projectile speed. Is it solely connected to the accuracy value? (Disregarding shields)

These are all the questions regarding crossbows for the moment. If I'd like to know more, I'll ask.

TheAnyKey said:

2. Does twice the speed rating mean the crossbow is actually reloaded/shot twice as fast? E.g. Is a 40 speed rating crossbow shot twice as often/time as one with a 20 rating? 2.a. Does agility impact the reload/shoot speed significantly?
3. Is the range between crossbows different? The stronger ones (Heavy/Siege) shooting farther? -- 3.a. Is the range crossbow/bow the same?
4. Is horse archery important for crossbows and does it work in the same manner as it does for bows/thrown?
5. Is the hit chance different between crossbows/bows? E.g. because of arrow/bolt ballistics, projectile speed. Is it solely connected to the accuracy value? (Disregarding shields)

These are all the questions regarding crossbows for the moment. If I'd like to know more, I'll ask.

1: Accuracy and reload speed for sure. Dunno about dmg tho
2: With 0 skill prof that would be true - or so i think.
3: Range depends on projectile speed, and heavier crossbows shoots faster bolts - so yes.
4: Yes.
5: All crossbows have same accuracy. They r by default more accurate then bows.
6: Yes! I'm awesome and handsome. But no, don't call me...

MortalDVall said:
1: Accuracy and reload speed for sure. Dunno about dmg tho
2: With 0 skill prof that would be true - or so i think.
3: Range depends on projectile speed, and heavier crossbows shoots faster bolts - so yes.
4: Yes.
5: All crossbows have same accuracy. They r by default more accurate then bows.
6: Yes! I'm awesome and handsome. But no, don't call me...
Thank you.
6. Yes, you are awesome and probably very handsome and I would very much like to date you.  :wink:

TheAnyKey said:

1.Accuracy only-weapon speed is the speed-weapon damage is power draw
2.No-since 20 and 40 are both slow;unless you read under agility skill it adds speed-NO
3.In theory,Yes,in action No,because of bolt physics you still need to arch your shot for distance.
  Try the Masterwork Mongol Bow(PD10 required)and see how it can hit farther,faster,and accurately
  than a crossbow even while on horseback at high speed.
4.Yes.since you can only use 1 crossbow(Hunting Xbow) on  horse back with crap range its rather
    unwise
5.Hit chance?Non existent.Why use chance when you can raise your accuracy and rely on your skill.

Back
Top Bottom