Perisno Forum Bots

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modder223

Knight at Arms
Does anyone know here how to ban bots/ deny them from forums.. like from here http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/perisno-forums/index.php ............ over 32 bots have registered in the past 5 hours and have been spamming post after post and w cant keep up with banning them all... we tried banning their ip's but they are using vpn's and the vpn's keep changing making it almost impossible to ban them... if anyone is skilled in knowing how to deny bots from registering on forums contact me would ya :razz:

Lord Brutus said:
StopForumSpam has a couple of techniques available.  Try contacting them.

One simple technique is to add a question anyone trying to register would know the answer to, but bots would not.
Ok thanks for the info... we are still getting used to some new features of the forum and also we are trying to keep up with deleting the forum posts

Lord Brutus said:
StopForumSpam has a couple of techniques available.  Try contacting them.

One simple technique is to add a question anyone trying to register would know the answer to, but bots would not.

I would second this, I have my own web site, (nothing to do with gaming), and had this problem starting. The forum I had was experimental, so I decided not to continue it, just kept the web site as a reference for people. I was then told of the simple technique described in Lord Brutus post. In my case the suggestion was to ask if the person joining was human, if yes, type in the word human. This is a few years ago, so perhaps a more sophisticated question may be better, either way, a normal bot would not cope with this.

Yeah our forums are getting botted pretty badly  :roll: 100 bots registered in the past 5 days and are now spamming the entire forums including areas like the testers corner

Lord Brutus said:
I see you have an ad for Miley Cyrus sex tapes this morning.  Keep the Dark Robin away from that stuff.  He's way too young.  That would probably kill him.  :lol:
Sometimes keeping in the testosterone of a male teenager is impossible. Most of the time.

Lord Brutus said:
I see you have an ad for Miley Cyrus sex tapes this morning.  Keep the Dark Robin away from that stuff.  He's way too young.  That would probably kill him.  :lol:
Gawd these bots are so ****in annoying

Man, I hate bots so much. They're taking over the bloody internet. Constant spamming of forums, games, and inboxes. What next?

The spamming on our forums has gotten to a point where ALL deveploment of everything on perisno and forums have stopped as we completely lost control of our forums.. both forum admins habeo and michad are inactive me and shadow are the only active devs.. michad never gave us the source files to soooo...... basically everything Perisno is on standby and will continue on standy for awhile (maybe) until we get a new forum set up cause i mean seriously i dont think its possible to ban 1.1k bots with 1 bot joining every 1-2 minutes and 1 page of spam being created every 5 mins its not possible

Use github to host files or some other file system?  Why are the forums strictly necessary, for a work record?

Alfredthegreat said:
Modder223 said:
Jaakko said:
You should seriously install some anti-bot plugin. StopForumSpam, Bad Behavior etc...
We cant no active admin is on
Contact michadr if you haven't, or hack the forum and kill the bots yourself. :cool:

Now the random chat page has over 289 pages and 6000 threads.
akamber said:
Use github to host files or some other file system?  Why are the forums strictly necessary, for a work record?
We have all of our files on the dev forum on our forums its a hidden board and plus we have tried contacting michadr for the past week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom