Dreaded One Prisoner fix <solved>

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twiggymc said:
No idea why but i cant find the line that need changed and im pretty certain im looking at the right file

make sure you are looking in the triggers.txt file that is located in the Perisno module folder.
Use ctrl+f and paste the numbers you are looking for, if you are still having trouble speak up and i'll see if i can set up file hosting somewhere and just upload the file. 

Ranter said:
Twiggymc said:
No idea why but i cant find the line that need changed and im pretty certain im looking at the right file

make sure you are looking in the triggers.txt file that is located in the Perisno module folder.
Use ctrl+f and paste the numbers you are looking for, if you are still having trouble speak up and i'll see if i can set up file hosting somewhere and just upload the file.

Yea i was looking in the right file and everything Ctrl+f wasn't working either but i eventually found it just kinda had to slowly go through it all lol, no idea why It wasnt finding it with Ctrl+F, oh well either way i got it and it works =D

ty you for this ty very much game much better now dont even know if i want .71 now that thats fixed i like my op bow unless they fix the food struggle cause its real

Twiggymc said:
Ranter said:
Twiggymc said:

Yea i was looking in the right file and everything Ctrl+f wasn't working either but i eventually found it just kinda had to slowly go through it all lol, no idea why It wasnt finding it with Ctrl+F, oh well either way i got it and it works =D

i am glad you got it sorted out, really weird that cnrl+f didnt work but computers are known for doing weird things from time to time.

FreDsDeaD said:
ty you for this ty very much game much better now dont even know if i want .71 now that thats fixed i like my op bow unless they fix the food struggle cause its real

...i have fixed that for myself as well, but because there are no .5 afaik the smallest adjustment to food consumption would double the amount of soldiers 1 food feeds. Which means that at 10 in foraging you could ride around with 140 troops and not consume any food. 

The only alternative is to increase the amount of times your soldiers eat per day allowing for greater flexibility in food consumption editing  but getting anyone to agree on ONE variable is hard enough so dealing with two is non starter. You can start a poll and if there is any consensus on how many times a day soldiers should eat and how many soldiers should 1 food feed i'll post another do it yourself guide.

Modder223 said:
We already have a fix for this which is way easier then editing out the 132 line and replacing it  :wink:

share it!

i'll add it on to the op, at least one person had an issue with editing the triggers.txt so if you got another way then...caring means sharing lol

photo.jpg

I must say I had no problem with the fix, and it seems to have caused no problems. Perhaps the easier fix is if you have access to the source code, if not, then for those a bit shy of trying what the OP posted, why not post the easier fix here, as Michadr seems to have his hands pretty full at the moment.

Yozzer said:
I must say I had no problem with the fix, and it seems to have caused no problems. Perhaps the easier fix is if you have access to the source code, if not, then for those a bit shy of trying what the OP posted, why not post the easier fix here, as Michadr seems to have his hands pretty full at the moment.
Hands full ... you got that right :sad:

Michadr said:
Yozzer said:

now that you are done weilding the ban hammer it can only get better

@Yozzer

I am guessing an easier fix would be editing the scripts where changing a single number could disable the damn thing but there was only about 100 lines in triggers and there is 1600 lines in scripts...meaning no way in hell will i find it.
so far everyone who tried getting this fix to work made it work afaik albeit with varying degrees of difficulty

Ranter said:
Michadr said:
Yozzer said:

now that you are done weilding the ban hammer it can only get better

@Yozzer

I am guessing an easier fix would be editing the scripts where changing a single number could disable the damn thing but there was only about 100 lines in triggers and there is 1600 lines in scripts...meaning no way in hell will i find it.
so far everyone who tried getting this fix to work made it work afaik albeit with varying degrees of difficulty
Yeah the fix is in the scripts we already know what line to change and what to add so its pretty easy just gotta use ctrl + f

Derped a bit when doing the tweak, broke the triggers.txt, forgot to backup and since I downloaded it from Workshop I don't have the zip file with the archives.  :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Can someone upload the triggers.txt file, either the original or the fixed version?  :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nevermind, managed to solve it.  :oops: :oops: :oops:

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not but i can't even talk to the dreaded one without crashing. In one of my playthroughs he was captured by redwood and put inside Vinica. I couldn't seige and capture Vinica because I end up having to talk to him after finishing the seige and therefore crashing. Same goes for Ialoch but he hasn't been captured in any of my playthroughs...yet. Is this a bug or just my laptop being shetty? And If it is a bug is there a fix for it too?

p.s sorry if this is a different bug to the topic :c

hmm if he was a prisoner of a city he shouldn't have his entire horde following him.
if he was just visiting the city and somehow was on friendly or neutral terms, then he has his retinue and that
would crash pretty much any computer.

I'm pretty sure it was fixed for v.71, but I haven't looked at it.  I'm pretty much dedicated to the gender
issue; the dreaded one was someone else's detail.  Most of the .71 was finished over a month ago, and just the gender bug was outstanding, pretty sure.  It's getting real close to closure, with small changes happening daily.  It's not just 1 massive gender bug, but a few dozen interrelated ones, and to quote someone else:
"Bugs, Mr. Rico,  Zillions of 'em!  And I'm a burnin' 'em down!"

But I should mention 96% of the work was already done before I opened it.  Just that last "aha" was missing, and really its the other
guys that did most of the work.  So anyway - I'd guess sometime next week the dread one will be a do-able nightmare as intended.

Such good news c:
Also, no he was not on friendly terms with the Redwoods. He was defeated and captured early on when he just spawned or something. I tried getting the Tolranians to besiege Vinica for me so that the dreaded one could be freed but no luck o.o; Talking to the guy crashes me for some reason. Can't even get in the prison cell to see how he looks like.

P.S I've never seen how he looks like :[ I always kite him to other factions (or to that desert areas just outside of kaikoth where they can't harm anyone) whenever I see him nowadays while hoping he doesn't get captured. Same goes for Ialoch. I have no problem with confronting large parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom