Dreaded One Prisoner fix <solved>

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranter

Recruit
Has anyone tried just removing the trigger as a quick and dirty fix? I am guessing it is in simple_triggers.txt somewhere. I just dont want to remove it only to cause more issues.

edit: nope, not in triggers or simple triggers must be scripts :sad: i was kind of afraid of that

edit2: alright this took way longer than it should have but i figured it out

triggers.txt
it is on line 132, replace this:

3.000000 0.000000 0.000000  1 2273 0  10 11 1 1224979098644774912

with this

9999.000000 99999.000000 99999.000000  1 2273 0  10 11 1 1224979098644774912

use ctrl+f and paste the numbers if you are not using notepad++
the problem is still there but it is like 999 times less annoying

Ranter said:
Lord of Shadows said:
The bug is fixed and will be in the 0.71 patch.

but i am going bankrupt now :razz:

You can work around it with the control+click cheat to teleport near a town prior to evening.  I don't like to cheat myself, but I consider this fine in this instance.  I too tend to make money via prisoners, so without the teleport I'd be dead broke too.

talorp said:
Something unusual said:
It's in triggers.txt, and removing it won't cause any more issues.
So just delete that and the prisoner bug will be gone?

you got to delete the lines that create the trigger in that file if you delete the whole file your game wont run

i am having a pretty hard time finding them for some reason whoever gets it please post it.

thanks for this mate... prisoners stoped dissapearing and no more worries about time now

ps: atm i`m watching a 3v3 match  from Eagle Warparty and Demonic Armies

and funnies thing ever  the Dreaded one and the eagle paladin running from eachother in different directions then coming back again, rince and repeat ^_^

I didn't really put attention to this topic, kinda regret not finding it sooner.

Awesome job! Got rid of the one thing that bothered me the most with the current bugs.

I assume that with this fix, the issue has been reduced to happen once every 999 days, right?

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
I didn't really put attention to this topic, kinda regret not finding it sooner.

Awesome job! Got rid of the one thing that bothered me the most with the current bugs.

I assume that with this fix, the issue has been reduced to happen once every 999 days, right?

i assumed that aswell, but we`ll have to wait for the OP to confirm,, thing is even with dreaded one apearing the bug is gone ^_^ so happy slave farming  :lol:

Alex the Seeker said:
thanks for this mate... prisoners stoped dissapearing and no more worries about time now

ps: atm i`m watching a 3v3 match  from Eagle Warparty and Demonic Armies

and funnies thing ever  the Dreaded one and the eagle paladin running from eachother in different directions then coming back again, rince and repeat ^_^

np did it for myself mostly as it was annoying me to death and sharing it afterwards seemed like the right the to do.

DarkOmegaMK2 said:

i think it should be a lot longer than that, closer to 20k days if I understood the code right.

but ultimately the dreaded one is still bugged regardless and will most likely crash your game if you try to fight him.

Try kiting him into the Zan when they arrive, that's what I wanted to do but the Tolerians pulled a miracle out of their butts and slaughtered all the Zan by the time i ended my war and got to them (or is there a bug with the Zann now?)

Thanks, the fix worked. What happens now though, since you changed the DO code? Does he keep his prisoners too now? Or when he spawns the code gets overwritten.. If thats even possible?

There is no any changes in the code itself, he just modified line triggering prisoners conversion. And it hardly leads to any troubles with fighting Dreaded Nightmare, only nearly stops conversion.

Another thank you  :grin:

I was teleporting, but it leads to more cheating, like selling your goods before going back, then not bothering to go back  :roll:

Anyway, it does make a very big improvement to a great version of the mod, so again my thanks, I am sure the official patch will be with us soon.

i am glad this helped people and i am glad i took the time to do it with the patch being postponed this was a great time investment for me.

this was really the only bug that infuriated me all others can be tolerated imo
hopefully the dev team will get their forum back on track soon and we'll start getting patches, this mod is amazing and I hate to think that botting is slowing down the progress.

Got to thank Something Unusual
i overlooked that line in triggers.txt before he put me back on the right track

FreDsDeaD said:
Ranter said:
Lord of Shadows said:

i just teleport its cheating but its better then the alternative of not playing i jsut tele to town sell then go right back where i was

or you could just spend 45 seconds of your time to fix it yourself
although now that Michadr is back you might just get an official fix soon

Ranter said:
FreDsDeaD said:
Ranter said:
Lord of Shadows said:

i just teleport its cheating but its better then the alternative of not playing i jsut tele to town sell then go right back where i was

or you could just spend 45 seconds of your time to fix it yourself
although now that Michadr is back you might just get an official fix soon
I can't be certain how soon that would be. I have to clean up a forum bot mess first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom