This has likely been asked for before. A lot.

How many people would like to see PBOD get merged into PoP?

• Yes, PoP will be enhanced by PBOD!

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • What is PBOD?

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Don't mess with the absolute perfection of PoP!

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • (yawn... wonder what's new on Reddit...)

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, I still don't see why the devs haven't included it in PoP.  One of the folks commenting here said he believed the devs said it would make the game too easy.  It sounds to me more to be a resources (ie  time/ skills/ priority) type of an issue from the hints I've read.

Frankly, if it does get merged in I'll be happy, if it doesn't I'll still be happy, and may even keep playing this mod as it is a lot of fun.  I just grit my teeth at the start of every fight and wish it had PBOD.  But compared to the other mods I've tried, so far this is the most fun.  Just think it would be funner (sic) with PBOD.

So, Gods of Pendor, what is the reason you haven't merged in PBOD?  Time/ resources or other priorities for the mod?  Maybe writing your own similar feature set?  I get by the comments made so far that you don't want to do it, I'm just curious why?

Shaynec said:
Yeah, I still don't see why the devs haven't included it in PoP.  ... I'm just curious why?

What is a more interesting question is why you believe we should? 

A group of people spent a great deal of time and effort, at a time when they were able to spend the time and effort, and gave this body of work to the players ,and you, as a gift.

You want more.  You want us to drop our lives, our existing projects, and day job and spend more time and effort to satisfy your desires. 
Why do you have this attitude that we somehow owe something to you. 

This entitled perspective is something I just do not understand.
I would understand if you actually paid for something.  But this is not nor will it ever be for Warband, a commercial project.

Regardless.
Lets make the assumption that we are inclined to do this.
I am going to guess that this will be around 1000 hours of work. 

No guarantees as POP is already pretty bulky and more code and systems may make it unstable.
Which feature should we drop if it will come to it?

Oh, one more thing. 

I do not have the luxury of donating my time any longer.  Situations and circumstances change.

So the bottom line is that you will have to pay for the project up front.  Still interested? 

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

I completely understand real life intruding.  I have a job where I work anywhere from 40 to 120 hrs a week (yeah, I know, there are not many more than 120 hrs in a week), with my average being somewhere in the high 60's.  Real life is more important than gaming.  And I appreciate the mod you've created; it's pretty cool.  Not having enough time is a very clear answer and a good reason for not being able to merge PBOD.  My curiosity is satisfied.  Thank-you.

Shaynec said:
I completely understand real life intruding.  I have a job where I work anywhere from 40 to 120 hrs a week (yeah, I know, there are not many more than 120 hrs in a week), with my average being somewhere in the high 60's.  Real life is more important than gaming.  And I appreciate the mod you've created; it's pretty cool.  Not having enough time is a very clear answer and a good reason for not being able to merge PBOD.  My curiosity is satisfied.  Thank-you.

No worries and thanks for understanding.  It is not lack of desire, rest assured.  It is real life making demands that prohibit this work.

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

Shaynec said:
Not having enough time is a very clear answer and a good reason for not being able to merge PBOD.  My curiosity is satisfied.  Thank-you.

Did it ever occur to you that mayhaps Pre Battle Order Deployment wasn´t around by the time PoP was converted to Warband?

Xzayler said:
Surprises! Oh god yes! I'm not even gonna hide my impatience. When will 3.62 be out?

Yesterday.

noosers said:
Shaynec said:
Not having enough time is a very clear answer and a good reason for not being able to merge PBOD.  My curiosity is satisfied.  Thank-you.

Did it ever occur to you that mayhaps Pre Battle Order Deployment wasn´t around by the time PoP was converted to Warband?

Xzayler said:
Surprises! Oh god yes! I'm not even gonna hide my impatience. When will 3.62 be out?

Yesterday.

Are you some kind of troll?

Trolling?
If I´ve had had the opportunity to check the forum for the last week I´d have responded a bit earlier.
Exactly the same way.
PBOD wasn´t around/commonly in use when MV and Fawzia converted PoP to Warband. Just like quite a few other things people complain about.

But it never occurs to them, they just complain about it, instead of checking eg. the version history and hazard the guess themselves.

I never said he was. I just asked him wether or not he thought of the possibility that PBOD wasn´t around when the main assault of code took place.

Because if it had been, I´m pretty sure it had been implemented.

The more as VIcky could have turned cheat goggles on and gotten the insight how and where to place it´s troops based on the players move for a massive and nasty counter attack.

So, the "I don't know"s have it!  I still think this mod would be enhanced with PBOD or similar functionality.  I think a lot of the community agree.  However, the mod devs have gotten busy with real life, and don't have time to mod anymore (and I hope that's going well; real life > gaming).  I have coding skills that belong back in the TRS80 days (used to write in mnemonics... that was tedious) so I cannot take up the mantle, and have no time either.  In short, c'est le vie.  No PBOD.

I appreciate everyone voting.  And I appreciate the comments.  Even the odd ones (you know who you are!)

If anyone else is asking the same question in the future, I think this thread answers it completely.

Have fun playing guys.  BTW, I'm still hooked on Prophesy of Pendor.  Even without PBOD it's still the best Warband mod going, imho.

Back
Top Bottom