This has likely been asked for before. A lot.

How many people would like to see PBOD get merged into PoP?

• Yes, PoP will be enhanced by PBOD!

Votes: 13 31.7%
  • What is PBOD?

Votes: 15 36.6%
  • Don't mess with the absolute perfection of PoP!

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • (yawn... wonder what's new on Reddit...)

Votes: 4 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Shaynec

Recruit
I saw a post that said it would be great if PoP had PBOD merged.  Didn't see a response to that.  I've just started playing PoP (went native to Floris to Gekokujo to PoP) and I can't help but notice that PBOD is absent.  Or am I just missing something?

Anyways, this mod looks awesome, but having PBOD available in mod would make the experience just that much better.

A search function could most likely have yielded yourself an answer. Also short questions (such as this) belong in the stickied Quick Q & A above :smile:

As of the latest build of v3.611, there has not been any PBOD.

Did search, had not seen a recent reply (found 1 from 2012 saying that the mod did not contain PBOD).

Is there enough interest to warrant putting it in?  It's another great mod that would certainly strengthen this one. 

Shaynec said:
Did search, had not seen a recent reply (found 1 from 2012 saying that the mod did not contain PBOD).

Is there enough interest to warrant putting it in?  It's another great mod that would certainly strengthen this one.

i guess your own search results should give you an answer, that being there was not enough interest or perhaps it did not worked as planned, however for an official reply we'd have to wait

I did do some further searching and haven't found a reason as to why PBOD hasn't been merged into PoP, though I found a lot of posts where people have said they would love to see it included.

I'll keep playing PoP for a while, and may get hooked, but I'll likely go back to Genkokujo.

This wont really make a change anyways. PBOD is useful but PoP already has some pretty good formations and a good AI. The devs know this and they will focus mainly on making their own mod and developing it instead of using Caba'Drin's stuff.

For those unfamiliar with PBOD, here's a link.  It is a mod that allows you to preposition your troops and formations.  This way you can have a starting default formation that works for you.  I'm not much of a strategist, but I have really enjoyed this feature in the mods that include it.  And I find that my archers always naturally run in front of my shield wall without it.

http://www.nexusmods.com/mbwarband/mods/2468/?

Actually my intent is to underscore to the devs that we would like this functionality, or not, if there is little interest.  It may influence their thinking, or it may not.  If they write their own version, good for them; looking at the quality of what they have already put together, I have faith they would do a good job writing something like PBOD.

BTW, the more I play PoP, the more I like it.  Not saying I'm hooked yet, but I'll play a bit more...  :smile:

I'm contemplating on keeping this thread open.

Reasons:

You really shouldn't have your own suggestion thread when others have clearly posted the same thing on THEE suggestions thread.

This has been asked before way too much. We know what PBOD is. Trying to show and convince us to include it proves fruitless. If we decide to ever add it. All of you will know.

Your call.  I'm just a peon here.  However, I think there is a benefit to knowing just how much interest there is in adding PBOD or a similar feature set.

I'm pretty sure I remember at least one member of the team commenting that they thought PBOD would make the mod "easier",or words to that effect anyway. Personally I would like it in, especially for those small forest maps, but if the team don't want it, they don't want it.

Shaynec said:
Your call.  I'm just a peon here.  However, I think there is a benefit to knowing just how much interest there is in adding PBOD or a similar feature set.
Do you have the coding skills to implement this?

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

Nope, I haven't done any coding since before C++ came out.  I'm a hardware guy.  I rely on people smarter than me to do the coding.

Personally the only thing i wouldn't mind being implemented in PoP is Freelancer( the mod where you can become a soldier in a lord's army).

Autoloot is kinda already there. The only missing thing is that your companions can't take the loot in their inventory and have them sell it automatically in cities.
Freelancer is a separate mod I believe.
It would be kinda weird though cos in Native or even Floris, you could actually fight in battles as a soldier while your char is still low level. In PoP, beginners would die immediately in every lord battle, or just not have the time to even get to the enemy before they die (like when the lord fights bandits). To be an effective soldier, you'd gave to have good fighting skills and proficiencies, unlike in Native or Floris where troops are generally weaker.

Back
Top Bottom