Your opinion on the new realms

Users who are viewing this thread

Modder223 said:
The module system itself uses python which is very easy to learn :razz: also Guys it would be a major help if you guys could tell us what should be balanced/buffed

If you look at my Best units thread , you will hardly find any tolranian unit in the list beside their infantry which is also not up to the standard of other faction fighting force. Even their champions are not good compare to others.

Modder223 said:
The module system itself uses python which is very easy to learn :razz: also Guys it would be a major help if you guys could tell us what should be balanced/buffed

Nerf the accuaricy in the top tier bows. Nerf the damage in blunt weapons to 38 maximum in one hander, 40 in 2 hander. Same speed and reach.

Nerf 1 hander weapons in either range or damage, because they outclass 2 handers in every way. The demonic sword deals 47 cutting damage and 34 thrust damage, while, for example, the Regent sword deals the exact same and is slower.

Buff the crossbow damage and lower it's refire (exceptions are light crossbows for cavalry), make them unmounted only weapons.

These changes make: 2 handers actually usable compared to 1 handers, fixes partially the blunt weapons abuse that everyone does (since these weapons are much more cheaper and very effective against both light and heavy units), fixes the problem with Redwood getting mass kills in +100 range and headshots at 50 range (the aimbot in the AI is broken enough) and finally, crossbows a more reliable alternative against heavy armored knights (y'know, knights are supposed to kill archers, crossbows were partially invented to penetrate plate armors and whatnot).

Regarding factions by themselves:

The issue I described a couple of posts above is HUGE.

Making tolranian champions the noble units for Tolrania and switching the knights to an upgrade for the Kingsmen (lowering the requeriments of these) would help the overall Tolranian super low quality armies without messing stuff up too much. At the moment the archers are average and the top tier infantry is more or less reliable (once fixed the units not spawning with shileds) but the army NEEDS cavalry. Either that or a major buff on the sturdyness of the infantry and archers in order to make them actually able to get to melee/not be outgunned by mid tier archers from other factions.

Making the Zann AI more agressive (I don't know if this is actually managable) would probably fix most of the situations of "not conquering any city/castle and dissapearing in 30 days". Let's say, no agreements with any faction until they've 1 or 2 cities/castles, to ensure they don't just make peace with everyone and dissapear.

Change the Falcon recruits starting weapon. It's a hammer that deals 38 damage, which is stupid.

Drahara seems to lose against Hakkon a very high percentage of the time (I haven't played these factions in depth though), buffing the overall unit levels for them might balance the autocalc. Keep the level differences between tiers even so it's not harder for the player to get these units.

And that's all for now, probably.

crossbows were partially invented to penetrate plate armors and whatnot
Crossbow itself gives to projectile less whirling than long bow, but initial speed of bolt is higher = their penetration capabilities are near the same. For higher penetration threaded bolts with heavier head were used, but they were much more expensive.
In fact best solution of xbow problem - add shield penetration chance to steel (or some other) bolts like in Light and Darkness.

T.L.S. said:
crossbows were partially invented to penetrate plate armors and whatnot
Crossbow itself gives to projectile less whirling than long bow, but initial speed of bolt is higher = their penetration capabilities are near the same. For higher penetration threaded bolts with heavier head were used, but they were much more expensive.
In fact best solution of xbow problem - add shield penetration chance to steel (or some other) bolts like in Light and Darkness.
Yeah i played light and darkness and completely agree . Bladed xbow is one hit killing device but wont do much against shields.

Falcon troops are just too op, along with the elves in redwood (In my world, i got most of their feifs and soon only forniron was left, and then they ended up conquering the entire tolrania with only 5 lords and queen arlina, i mean like wtf how did they do that?) dwarves just need a few buffs.

Back
Top Bottom