Your opinion on the new realms

Users who are viewing this thread

I would like to add to this that if you establish your kingdom one of these lands you can basically be lame (like me) and never be attacked by any other faction ever. The other factions will just completely ignore you as they do not seem to care for falcon territory or dwarven territory at all.

I've tried both, and the Falcons are definitely OP, the money to be made off prisoners is ridiculous. However, I've started a dwarven character, messed about in Maccavia for a bit leveling up then traveled up to Kaikoth and immediately noticed their flaws overwatching as part of a lord's army. They are currently at war with Tolrania, yet they seem reluctant to gather the army under the marshall and actually go anywhere, they get two or three lords together then split up to patrol again, and none of them have actually ventured more than a stone's throw into the desert. Imo, there needs to be a break in the cliffs near Amarna so that at the very least it invites involvement with the rest of the world, I think its probably a couple of weeks ride for some lords to Galwe at the moment. Definitely need more expansion to armor and troops, and though I haven't seen a siege yet, probably needs scenes with walls adjusted suitably, because I doubt many ranged units even get a shot off atm. Other than that, an agile dwarf with reasonable strength is pretty scary to play as, I've survived a coupla horrible mob melees simply by being too short and fast to hit whilst kneecapping everything that moves with an axe or hammer. Maybe bolster them with use of another race? something tall and brutish?

Dwarves are pretty terrible, they're outplayed every faction. Their stats seems to have been given randomly.

Falcon is broken as ·/&&

Dwarves should get more stronger armor + more athletic skills . Their current armor is horrible.
Their armor is ok, maybe some minor buff needed, but profiencies and athletics are damned crap (compared to other factions).
But they still very powerfull when using "defensive trap" tactics on the field (luring enemy forces into dwarves), because they very hard to hit from large distance by ranged and even by couched lances (~100 drachen cavalry rushed into dwarven 3-line formation and killed... only 4 beerdrinkers) and in sieges (they just obliterated mix of valahir and maccavian elite infantry and xbowmen with some good archers, like merc stalkers and legion archers)

actualy alot of weapons can`t hit dwarves from horseback, so you will be stuck with the horseman swinging wildy at the said dwarf only that he aint hitting crap, yet the dwarf chops his knee-caps off  :mad:

bottom line is don`t fight the damn dwarfs with cavalry  :neutral:

Tolrania seemed to hard counter anything the dwarves had on a hardcore fashion. I haven't tested other factions though.

Ok, the new factions are not OP. Have you noticed how small they are? They each have one town and 4 or 5 castles. That's it! And yes, while the Falcons have large armies, I looked at the Redwood (whom are widely consider to be HUGELY OP in combat, 1 to 1) and they have 3x the number of lords, and at least 3x the number of territory. They are on a 4 fronted war against Drahara, Tolrania, Hakkon and Kaikoth and they are WINNING ALL OF THEIR WARS, including cutting Tolrania in half. I rest my case, if you're going to nerf anyway, nerf the damn elves xD

Miyamoto-dono said:
Ok, the new factions are not OP. Have you noticed how small they are? They each have one town and 4 or 5 castles. That's it! And yes, while the Falcons have large armies, I looked at the Redwood (whom are widely consider to be HUGELY OP in combat, 1 to 1) and they have 3x the number of lords, and at least 3x the number of territory. They are on a 4 fronted war against Drahara, Tolrania, Hakkon and Kaikoth and they are WINNING ALL OF THEIR WARS, including cutting Tolrania in half. I rest my case, if you're going to nerf anyway, nerf the damn elves xD
Dayum you must be lucky then... the redwoods were losing against tolrania in my world and also when the redwoods leave like their hilly land then they start having trouble like in the wide open deserts in drahara cav just ram in their from all directions... and also quite often i end up fighting a village battle as redwood against a tolranian lord and their inf rekts my inf and they make it up to my archers who have a bloody ass fight against them.... So redwoods arent OP once they run outta arrows  :lol:

I've played a total of 12 games with more than 100 days on them. Tolrania has never won, and in fact losses Vinica, Lesbere and Leuven before the day 100.

Yber said:
I've played a total of 12 games with more than 100 days on them. Tolrania has never won, and in fact losses Vinica, Lesbere and Leuven before the day 100.

The problem with Tolrania is that it shares border with everyone except maybe the hakkons. So by proximity, they will all declare war to Tolrania.

Also, it doesn't help the fact that their closest neighbors are the elves which are very strong.

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Yber said:

The problem with Tolrania is that it shares border with everyone except maybe the hakkons. So by proximity, they will all declare war to Tolrania.

Also, it doesn't help the fact that their closest neighbors are the elves which are very strong.

Agree . More over zann invasion feast on tolranian lands after day 100 and that is another crushing blow for them .

The biggest issue is the troop quality. Elvarie nobles usually have, in an army of 150 men, 13-17 rangers, 4-5 wardens, 9-12 redwood rangers and knights, 20 duskall and the rest are lower tier.

The only units actually "strong" in Tolrania are the kingsmen and the knights (not counting the hackers since they die to arrows ultra quick and I'm assuming a vs Elvarie scenario). The 150 men army has 3-5 knights and 8-9 kingsmen, sometimes not even that. I don't know if it's because the level of the units are messed up or if it happens due to bad scripting, but it's either a matter of lowering the number of "strong" units in the elvarie side or buffing tolrania to 10-15 knigths and 16-19 kingsmen, so that the auto calc doesn't favour Elvarie so heavily and in the open field some tolranian units actually get to melee.

Another possible asset would be making Headhunters (formerly Tolranian mounted archers) somewhat useful, as they're currently borderline useless.

And it's not like Elvarie lords normally carry less units, they're usually even on amount, which is instant loss for Tolrania.

I'd say the course taken in 0.7 was correct regarding balance, but it needs more in depth work. I offer myself to give a hand out in this, although I only know C++ slightly regarding codding.

Yber said:
The biggest issue is the troop quality. Elvarie nobles usually have, in an army of 150 men, 13-17 rangers, 4-5 wardens, 9-12 redwood rangers and knights, 20 duskall and the rest are lower tier.

The only units actually "strong" in Tolrania are the kingsmen and the knights (not counting the hackers since they die to arrows ultra quick and I'm assuming a vs Elvarie scenario). The 150 men army has 3-5 knights and 8-9 kingsmen, sometimes not even that. I don't know if it's because the level of the units are messed up or if it happens due to bad scripting, but it's either a matter of lowering the number of "strong" units in the elvarie side or buffing tolrania to 10-15 knigths and 16-19 kingsmen, so that the auto calc doesn't favour Elvarie so heavily and in the open field some tolranian units actually get to melee.

Another possible asset would be making Headhunters (formerly Tolranian mounted archers) somewhat useful, as they're currently borderline useless.

And it's not like Elvarie lords normally carry less units, they're usually even on amount, which is instant loss for Tolrania.

I'd say the course taken in 0.7 was correct regarding balance, but it needs more in depth work. I offer myself to give a hand out in this, although I only know C++ slightly regarding codding.
The module system itself uses python which is very easy to learn :razz: also Guys it would be a major help if you guys could tell us what should be balanced/buffed

DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Yber said:

Guess perisno is starting the new swadia again.

Alfredthegreat said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Yber said:

lol i think i think we may include balancing fixes in the 0.71 idk we still fixing our forums

Modder223 said:
Alfredthegreat said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Yber said:

lol i think i think we may include balancing fixes in the 0.71 idk we still fixing our forums

Area around Galwe looks really empty, perhaps another city or two there for the tolranians with brand new lords will give those pesky elves some issues.

Modder223 said:
Alfredthegreat said:
DarkOmegaMK2 said:
Yber said:

well 1 thing that would be nice, is that Kingsmen don`t spawn with no Helmet... i just seen 3 of them getting 1 shoted by t3 infantry due to them having no helmet  :mad: was kinda annoying tbh since they were my Kingsmen...

Elaborating my point, here are some screenshots:
2Z5f1BI.jpg

VWn6WcS.jpg

Basically the only thing standing between tolrania and elimination in a high percentage of the games is the player and his pro damage reduction skills.

Back
Top Bottom