Enlisting and Looting.

Users who are viewing this thread

come to think of it that's actually a pretty big oversight.....

You should definitely get a portion of the loot according to your looting skill.  Albeit a much smaller portion, and when you are in a city perhaps you could ask the lord to let you wander the town while your there.  basically just letting you do town stuff, and the waiting option is replaced with rejoining your lords party.

SoFMercenary said:
so no one knows anything? makes me a bit cranky i cant get new weapons and armor off the dead.

The reason so few people have responded could be because not that many use the enlistment option when playing Brytenwalda.  That's just a guess.

I have played the enlistment part  but I don't know how to loot.  I had a decent set of armor and weapons when I enlisted and then used them instead of the gear they gave me when I enlisted.  You'll have to do that option while exploring the town the army is stationed at.

Did you try clicking the "gather gold" option?  If so, what happened.

Same, tried all options and nothing lets you loot anything.
Suck up to the lord and you'll be treated good (he might give you a reward of additional money, an extremely small portion of renown etc)
Be a thug and gather money - lose rep but more money (although I think sucking up to the lord gives more)
Tend to the priests - gives +rep
leave as it is - obvious..

The battlefield loot option is disabled in Freelancer in Brytenwalda.  It is active in other mods like 1257AD.  I actually tried to reactivate the feature last year, failed, asked Idibil for help (which he graciously provided) but failed again.  I gave up, forgot about it for a while, now I'm enrolled in an online Python course starting Sept. 15th.  However, after thinking about it over the past year, I don't plan on activating the feature if I figure out how to do it.  Getting a good weapon like a sword, decorated axe or noble shield should be very difficult in this era.  As it is, these items are frequently available in stores and are easily looted when soloing Dena/Frank raiders.  I find even on the hardest difficulty settings, I can gain helmet, mail, greaves, axe/sword and shield in like 2 weeks.  Also, looting items like swords as a peasant or lowly warrior probably wouldn't be tolerated in this era.  Such items were extremely expensive and would have been dealt out by the Lord to his followers.  If you want to activate it, I'll see if I can find the missing lines of codes again.  I think I have them somwhere...but you'll have to find someone else to show you how to do it.

DerHerbst said:
The battlefield loot option is disabled in Freelancer in Brytenwalda.  It is active in other mods like 1257AD.  I actually tried to reactivate the feature last year, failed, asked Idibil for help (which he graciously provided) but failed again.  I gave up, forgot about it for a while, now I'm enrolled in an online Python course starting Sept. 15th.  However, after thinking about it over the past year, I don't plan on activating the feature if I figure out how to do it.  Getting a good weapon like a sword, decorated axe or noble shield should be very difficult in this era.  As it is, these items are frequently available in stores and are easily looted when soloing Dena/Frank raiders.  I find even on the hardest difficulty settings, I can gain helmet, mail, greaves, axe/sword and shield in like 2 weeks.  Also, looting items like swords as a peasant or lowly warrior probably wouldn't be tolerated in this era.  Such items were extremely expensive and would have been dealt out by the Lord to his followers.  If you want to activate it, I'll see if I can find the missing lines of codes again.  I think I have them somwhere...but you'll have to find someone else to show you how to do it.
I think this is about looting after the battles, not in the battles. But yeah I can imagine that getting loot after battle would be difficult to balance/implement, anyways the ability to earn gold after battle is more than enough for me, does the vanilla freelancer have loot after battles? (I don't remember it having it)

Back
Top Bottom