When is it okay to cheat?

Users who are viewing this thread

Alright, guy, so I have a situation here. Day 100, and I'm doing well, a Knight of Eventide after luring their knights into fights and aiding them, proceeding to do all their quests, which are MUCH easier than any other order thanks to the D'Shar bandit bug where they spawn so much. But that doesn't matter. Because as I am riding around the world, waiting for Eventide quests to reset, I find this:

http://imgur.com/WKumoR2

So when is it okay to cheat? What is equal trade for that? I have the one "free" Qualis gem still... if I delete that, would it be okay if I cheated in the 200k for that? I have been playing Pendor for something around 400 hours and I have NEVER seen a set of Forlorn Hope Plate that is Lordly...

Well, i dont play this mod anymore, but this rule applies for almost everything.
A. deal with it.

b. Cheat, i guess, put the armor in your chest at a fief, and earn 200k, and sell the armor back to a merchant, and buy it back then use it.

Trouble is, it's day 100. I don't have a fief yet.

EDIT: I kept the save came as a "Save as" and will set it aside. But since being Grandmaster means that I will be able to enhance armor, I suppose it's not that good. I kept playing, and let it be.

You look like you got a lot of gear in your inventory, get your trade maxed and sell it all. If that doesn't get what you need, I guess your out of luck. If your already Grandmaster, simply find a lower grade of Forlorn plate and have it upgraded. Yea it takes longer but its better than breaking yourself just for armor that you (looking at your armor stats) don't really need that bad.

It's a single player game, there is no right or wrong with cheating. I personally wouldn't because I'm slow.
I have to say though, at day 100 with no fief you seem like a decently paced player. Spoiler for new players.
So you could probably get a regular forlorn plate and have the order blacksmith upgrade it to lordly over time, once you're capable of doing the quest.

Shinigami936 said:
It's a single player game, there is no right or wrong with cheating. I personally wouldn't because I'm slow.
I have to say though, at day 100 with no fief you seem like a decently paced player. Spoiler for new players.
So you could probably get a regular forlorn plate and have the order blacksmith upgrade it to lordly over time, once you're capable of doing the quest.

I actually restrict myself a lot. Only mercenaries until I join a knighthood order, and then can use the knighthood troops until i join a country. Once I get a fief I have to remain loyal for at least 100 days, then I can create a new kingdom if i want. Also, I have to wait a week between each siege. I also try to enhance my experience by adding in a few improvements to my game; Heraldic platebecomes equal to ebony mail, but not as much as Forlorn. I made tiny changes to defense of Dark Steel greaves, making them equal to Heavy Plate Graves so that things would look nice matched with eventide or ebony plate armor. Heraldic plate looks so awesome, I couldn't resist making it one of the better armors, you see. I also changed a bit more as well, something that is so rare that it seemed balanced )for me). If I find an Ebony Flamberge, it can be used on horseback. It always annoyed me that there was no good ebony 2h for knights.

Shinigami936 said:
It's a single player game, there is no right or wrong with cheating.
This. You aren't forced to play native just because you can't succeed in a difficult but more enjoyable mod, although it's poor form to make threads about it expecting others' praise, or openly give away your cheats to everyone.

Back
Top Bottom