Vicky got drunk :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Avenger93

Recruit
Ok, so I think Vicky needs her head checked because for all her malevolence and all the scores of troops she has taken from me, I just witnesed something insane:

I was fighting a unique spawn of adventurers (Griffon-something I think, bottom line it was a hero spawn so Vicky should handle them). Ok, so I get my rangers (some silvermist plus pendor bowmen) lined up and get a nice and cozy formation of Silvermist Pikemen in front of them to blunt charges. So far, so good. Now in the middle of the fight I keep spreading and closing in the infantry formation to allow archer fire (since I didn't have a hill) and to hold cavalry charges. At one point I advance my infantry, seeing as the fight seemed to be over and I got ready to mop-up. At this point I turn the camera and see a massive wave of Hero Adventures charging towards my position in a perfect flanking move, my archers left completly in the open, my wonderfull strategy ruined. My pikes are too far out to help and my cavalry is made up of me and 2 companions, so no chance we stop the archers from dying. And then as if on que the entire wave of horsemen takes a wild turn and smashes straight into a packed formation of pike wielding infantry and get butchered in a few seconds ...

Not that I'm not gratefull for not having to retrain a huge chunk of my army, but damn ... talk about a wasted oportunity. Still, after pulling that nice flanking move I wonder why the sudden direction shift and suicide rush into pikes ...

Back
Top Bottom