Votes: 8 18.6%
  • The plague of the world.

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 12 27.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Swissky

I thought you could reach a certain level of stupidity but I was wrong.
Most of us know them and we all (unless you're a Turanist) hate them.

So what is Turanism?
Wikipedia said:
Turanism, or Pan-Turanism, is a political movement for the union of all Turanian peoples. It implies not merely the unity of all Turkic peoples (as in Pan-Turkism), but also the unification of a wider Turanid race, also known as the controversial Uralo-Altaic race, believed to include all peoples speaking "Turanian languages". Like the term Aryan, Turanian is used chiefly as a linguistic term, equivalent to Ural-Altaic linguistic group.[1] Altough Turanism is a political movement for the union of all Uralo-Altaic peoples, there are different opinions about inclusiveness.[2] According to widespread opinion Turanism is a political movement for the union of Turkic peoples, Tungusic peoples, Mongolic peoples, Chechens and Ingushes.[3] Although western historians' opinion that includes Finns, Koreans, Hungarians, Japanese; famous Turanist Ziya Gökalp stated Turanism isn't mix of peoples that includes Finns, Koreans, Hungarians, Japanese in his essay Principles of Turkism [4] The idea of the necessity of "Turanian brotherhood/collaboration" was borrowed from the "Slavic brotherhood/collaboration" idea of Panslavism.[5]

I believe that this is just a stupid try from the Turks side to try and regain lost land (And gain new, totally unrelated land) from the ruins of the Ottoman Empire.

And yes, I did find it neccessary to make a thread for this.

Please no. You are going to summon ancalimon so he can explain in detail how he's not a turanist but merely regurgitates the exact same recycled arguements and "history".

Gestricius said:
Wikipedia said:
includes Finns
6_LmJ.gif

Turanism emerged as a result of Soviet crackdown and Indo-Europeanism (or Neo-Christianization as I call it) which is still a menace to the world and social sciences. So Turanism is no worse than what you had been learning at school for a very long time.

Turanism is not related with Ottoman Empire and Turanism as an idea belittles Ottoman Empire.

Comrade Temuzu said:
Gestricius said:
Wikipedia said:
includes Finns
6_LmJ.gif
:lol:

ancalimon said:
Turanism emerged as a result of Soviet crackdown and Indo-Europeanism (or Neo-Christianization as I call it) which is still a menace to the world and social sciences. So Turanism is no worse than what you had been learning at school for a very long time.

Turanism is not related with Ottoman Empire and Turanism as an idea belittles Ottoman Empire.
Pardon me but I don't understand your argument. You are defending Turanism yet attacking it by saying it belittles the Ottoman Empire.
I'm not sure if you want a Turanist nation or the Ottoman Empire back?

Turanism is practically identical to the stuff ancalimon spouts on a daily basis all over the web (seriously, search for ancalimon in other forums, especially ones dedicated to history, it is hilarious). But he's created some sort of conspiracy theory where the ideology was made deliberately ridiculous merely as a cover for the deep truths a similar (yet somehow different) ideology reveals. Obviously the latter is the one ancalimon favours.

Turanien 4 Turk president.

Might not be worse than Erdogan. (I can't do the weird hat on the g, g shouldn't have hats anyway)

Gestricius said:
I'm not sure if you want a Turanist nation or the Ottoman Empire back?

Just like how the existence of a European Union does not disturb me, existence of a Turanian Union also would not disturb me. It's just that it's unrealistic for many reasons (world powers would not allow this because it would stop them from exploiting Turkic people. There is racial hatred among some of these Turanian nations. They share different religions and religion is imported for some of these Turanian nations. They are too scattered around thew world. etc...)

By the way Pan-Turanism is not something racial or religious like Pan-Slavism or Pan-Indo-Europeanism or Pan-Germanism.

I don't like Ottoman Empire at all.

Leifr Eiríksson said:
Turanien.
Turanien.
Oh, to be named that again.

I would like to become President of all Turkmens.
for some reason I went and started that 'to see them driven before you' speech  only sounding more like Churchill than Conan.

ancalimon said:
(world powers would not allow this because it would stop them from exploiting Turkic people.
What Turkic people are being exploited?  :???:

It still amuses me to no end that TURKTURKTURKTURKTURKTURKTURKTURKTURKTURKTURKTURKTURKTURKTURKTURKTURK thinks that "indo-European" is some sort of religious thing.

It amuses me that he believes that there is a worldwide conspiracy devoted to keeping the Turks down. Well, at least until I remember that some people believe that there is a worldwide Jewish conspiracy of a similar nature. I wonder what the chances are that he views them as one and the same?

In response to ancalimon's worldwide Turkish conspiracy.

I think we all would like to believe our* respective cultures are actually the supreme culture that is being held down by the man, so in some way I can understand his constant pushing of his dogma. Also, now that I've read a good amount of ancalimon's material I have to say, it sounds dangerously like the Matrix. Could be a good thing which means it can be semi-entertaining at least.

*"Our" meaning any forumite or people in general.

Back
Top Bottom