Reverse the Khergit titles back to Native ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wendek

Knight at Arms
Hello,

I finally decided to play this mod, but I have one small complain/question : why were the Khergit titles changed ? I mean things like "Noyan Akadan" instead of "Akadan Noyan". I think it's pretty well-known that Mongols placed their titles behind the name (like "Gengis Khan") and they're obviously an inspiration for the Khergits. Native got their titles right, so why did the mod change it ? And also, is there any simple way for me to revert those titles back to their Native version ?

Thanks.

They probably did it so in your notes to find it nobles easier, but i agree with you. Have you tried looking through the module files? Or even Morphs Mount and Blade editor?

I know how to edit it without editing the module system files. Unfortunately it does not seem possible to carry the changes over in an existing playthrough. You need to start a new game. If you're still interested, here's what you need to do:

0. Back up your strings.txt.

1. Look for these lines:
Code:
str_faction_title_male_3 Taishi{reg10?-{s61}:}_{s0}
str_faction_title_male_3_village Darga{reg10?-{s61}:}_{s0}
str_faction_title_male_3_castle Noyan{reg10?-{s61}:}_{s0}
str_faction_title_male_3_town Wang{reg10?-{s61}:}_{s0}
str_faction_title_male_3_king Khan_{s0}

and replace them with these:
Code:
str_faction_title_male_3 Taishi{s0}_{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_male_3_village Darga{s0}_{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_male_3_castle Noyan{s0}_{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_male_3_town Wang{s0}_{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_male_3_king {s0}_Khan

2. Do the same for the women. Replace these:
Code:
str_faction_title_female_3 Behi{reg10?-{s61}:}_{s0}
str_faction_title_female_3_village Darthun{reg10?-{s61}:}_{s0}
str_faction_title_female_3_castle Nohi{reg10?-{s61}:}_{s0}
str_faction_title_female_3_town Wathun{reg10?-{s61}:}_{s0}
str_faction_title_female_3_queen Khathun_{s0}
str_faction_title_female_3_unmarried Gongzhu_{s0}

with these:
Code:
str_faction_title_female_3 Behi{s0}_{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_female_3_village Darthun{s0}_{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_female_3_castle Nohi{s0}_{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_female_3_town Wathun{s0}_{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_female_3_queen {s0}_Khathun
str_faction_title_female_3_unmarried {s0}_Gongzhu

3. Save and exit.

And yeah it makes it a bit messy in the notes section. Everybody's spread around. Might be easier to find people by looking at the vassals lists in the faction notes.

Thanks a lot, it's half-working (lacks a space after the titles, Sanjar is named "Khan Khan", and the -dolor and such are after the name which looks terrible) but now that I know where to find those I should be able to make it work properly with some more tinkering, since it's pretty intuitive in the end.

[Edit]Having to restart the game between every test makes it take much longer though, so feel free to help. :sad: But it's for the good cause!
Edit again : some of those issues might be because I'm a bit impatient and didn't let the game sync fully, because even with the original .txt I now have "Khan Khan".

You may have typo'ed something somewhere. {s0} is the character's name, so if you set it up as {s0}_Khan it should be Sanjar Khan, or whoever the Khan is (Dustum, for instance). As long as you copied and pasted what I did it should be working fine.

If you edited the dolor, etc., it may be what's causing your problems. You can't just delete those lines, or part of those lines. The strings.txt will misread all of the next info.

To get rid of those titles it'd be easier to edit the module system and recompile. We just need to get rid of the part that attaches those. Actually somebody may already have done a submod for that and it may still be applicable.

I stand by the point that I ****ed something up with the sync. After some clean reinstalling though, I can say it works! I never intended to edit out the suffixes by the way, just wanted them to appear right after the title with everything. Your version actually still has the titles in front, it would be something like "Noyan Asugan-consensio" instead of "Noyan-consensio Asugan" (where Alagur is the actual name of the Lord), but still titles are before the name.
The Khanate vassal list now looks like this . Which definitely messes up the list if you're going by alphabetical order, but it's the chaotic faction anyway. :p
Now as far as the suffixes are concerned, I'll admit that I don't really understand what they mean and how they'd be used in the Mongol language (and what they'd be), but I wanted consistence. :p

The final code is the following :
str_faction_title_male_3 {s0}_Taishi{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_male_3_village {s0}_Darga{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_male_3_castle {s0}_Noyan{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_male_3_town {s0}_Wang{reg10?-{s61}:}

str_faction_title_female_3 {s0}_Behi{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_female_3_village {s0}_Darthun{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_female_3_castle {s0}_Nohi{reg10?-{s61}:}
str_faction_title_female_3_town {s0}_Wathun{reg10?-{s61}:}

Not particularly different to yours in the end and it wasn't very hard to do... Steam just made that take much longer. :p

Thanks for your help anyway. And now if someone else googles this issue, at least they have the answer! (because I did try googling it, and found a grand total of something like two other people who mentioned that. Very important issue, really. :lol: )

Oh hey, you can remove those {reg10?-{s61}:} completely if you don't like those relationship rank titles. It turns out those are the variables for it (which is why kings don't have them attached).

str_faction_title_male_3 {s0}_Taishi
str_faction_title_male_3_village {s0}_Darga
str_faction_title_male_3_castle {s0}_Noyan
str_faction_title_male_3_town {s0}_Wang

str_faction_title_female_3 {s0}_Behi
str_faction_title_female_3_village {s0}_Darthun
str_faction_title_female_3_castle {s0}_Noh
str_faction_title_female_3_town {s0}_Wathun

Yeah I figured as much but thought they're supposed to mean something. Like how "Belir Wang-faveo" ended up being the Marshall despite not having as much support as someone else. Y'know, with "favorite" being in his title. :p That being said, tweaking the titles so that they feel more Mongolian would definitely be a plus, but that's also much harder since it implies tinkering with said variables (which are shared, so you'd have to create new ones) so for now I'll stick with the latin ones as it doesn't bother me nearly as much as the order did. :p

Well it's definitely more accurate to do it in the Dev Suite (module system). But it requires us searching for that part of the code lol. It's "easier" to tweak the .txt files.

Back
Top Bottom