Archer seems buggy

Users who are viewing this thread

bestliutr

Recruit
I have been playing this module(v1.03) for a few days. I noticed the archers aren't doing their jobs correctly. For example, in a siege battle, I can easily out match a battlion of archers by aiming down the broken wall and release, I face minimal archer threat from the archers on the wall either.  In the field, archer lines are not very useful not only against calvary but also shieldless bandits, most of the time they can get into melee range. I wonder if there is a fix for it, or is it fixed in the svn version? 

Read  the update news for more info on archers.For me,raising the game difficulty and maxing game combat AI made Archers a bit of a challenge.There are some bugs but its the overall enemy combat AI which can be very dumb in its aggressiveness making most places easy to siege and take.
                      Also each faction have different types of rangers.In some factions there are just support in others part of their core army.Try fighting the Mongols,Arabs(Mamlukes),and North African factions.
            If you want a real challenge try sieging the Crusader State factions which have some of best castle designs  for siege defense,their Turcopoles will annoy you.Also any faction that uses mercenary archers or skirmischers like the Arab and Baltic factions.
                                The western European factions are more cavalry and infantry oriented factions,in the battlefield archers are more like cannon fodder or distraction or infantry support not as effective as mounted archers and mounted skirmichers-which makes sense.Western European
castles also seem to have one generic design;hole,crack in the wall(France,Italy,Spain),again oriented more toward infantry defense rather than archers.

Back
Top Bottom