Late upkeep desertion

Users who are viewing this thread

I was in debt when troop wages had to be paid once. One week later and with enough money to pay the debts and the monthly wages, troops decide I can't pay their wages and desert. Can I revert this? Anything I can do, edit or mod? Quite a lot of my troops are leaving (600-900 I think). If I knew they would be so mad at their wages being late just a little I would have not let it happen.
I am running Expanded 2.54.

Only way I know is to revert to an older save.

If it were me though I'd just cheat if I somehow didn't have an older save to revert to. Just hop around the map to get to all the villages and taverns and recruit new troops.

Barring that you'll have to edit the module system (a.k.a. Dev Suite). It's probably more trouble than you're willing to go through though, as it's probably easier to just rebuild your army with or without cheats.

If you're one of those guys that doesn't like to "cheat", the so-called cheats are actually debug tools with the intention of helping solve some bugs. And bugs will happen a lot. What you experienced is a bug, and your men shouldn't have deserted your army since you had the money already.

Hanakoganei said:
Only way I know is to revert to an older save.

If it were me though I'd just cheat if I somehow didn't have an older save to revert to. Just hop around the map to get to all the villages and taverns and recruit new troops.

Barring that you'll have to edit the module system (a.k.a. Dev Suite). It's probably more trouble than you're willing to go through though, as it's probably easier to just rebuild your army with or without cheats.

If you're one of those guys that doesn't like to "cheat", the so-called cheats are actually debug tools with the intention of helping solve some bugs. And bugs will happen a lot. What you experienced is a bug, and your men shouldn't have deserted your army since you had the money already.

After a few reloads I lost around 200 troops. I decided that it's fair enough and just went with it. I think I have too many troops anyway.

Back
Top Bottom