Help with chariot

Users who are viewing this thread

Lor Dric

Marquis
I was trying to put chariots in my mod, and was wondering how to keep the horse animated and me still be in the chariot, I believe it was done in the wedding dance, but it wasn't put together in the .brf file, I have no idea how they did it. would appreciate any pointers.

Lor Dric said:
I was trying to put chariots in my mod, and was wondering how to keep the horse animated and still be in the chariot, I believe it was done in the wedding dance, but it wasn't put together in the .brf file, I have no idea how they did it. would appreciate any pointers.
Not sure how they did it in Wedding Dance, but most likely they just tracked horse position and moved the chariot scene prop accordingly. So in essence, they did not keep horse in chariot, they kept chariot behind the horse. :smile:

Lor Dric said:
what about moving horse and animations forward so I could attach chariot in openbrf?
I'm far from an expert in animations, but it's my understanding you'll have to change horse skeleton to support extra animated parts and won't be able to have normal horses in your mod as the result. And while keeping an agent standing on a movable scene prop is tricky but doable, keeping an agent effectively standing on a horse... frankly I have no idea how the engine will handle that.

Lav said:
Lor Dric said:
what about moving horse and animations forward so I could attach chariot in openbrf?
I'm far from an expert in animations, but it's my understanding you'll have to change horse skeleton to support extra animated parts and won't be able to have normal horses in your mod as the result. And while keeping an agent standing on a movable scene prop is tricky but doable, keeping an agent effectively standing on a horse... frankly I have no idea how the engine will handle that.

One can easily add extra bones to the horse skeleton and rigging should be all the same for the old horses. You then just add an special horse rigged to the new bones and boom, done. Still, that won't work decently for entire chariots, maybe just harnesses and coupling, you can add some bobbing and organic/mechanic movement. Sounds like an interesting project.

But probably the best idea is to keep the chariot behind, as a script-controlled scene prop, which is how the NW cannons work.
NW is open source, by the way. You might want to reuse some of that code, or at least get inspired by it.

Back
Top Bottom