How much should I increase renown in TweakMB?

Users who are viewing this thread

InfinityV

Recruit
I currently use a Battle Sizer of 300 + Infinite Reinforcement in TweakMB (99)

Just noticed that it's basically impossible for me to complete the 250 renown KO quests. Just wondering what adjustments I should make to renown in TweakMB (I'm currently thinking 4x) Any tips/advice appreciated, thanks!

You can disband most of your troops and then try to hunt big bandit parties or mystmountain barbarians who will not put up a real fight in order to get more renown.

If you have way less soldiers than they have, you will get more renown and since you will only fight weaklings , you will not lose any, or only few of your remaining knights.

Or just wait for Allahirc from Bruhhaha (or however he´s called) to spawn and take his bunch out for easy renown.
Or peasant revolt armies.

Can't wait around for Brouhaha or Peasant Revolt army, as there's no guarantee you'll get the correct rumors within the quest time-frame. There are no big bandit parties roaming around (at least not anywhere near my kingdom). I doubt that disbanding most of my knights and then fighting a huge stack would be viable against Mystmountain Barbarians. Remember that I have 300 battle size and infinite reinforcement waves. This means against a larger stack, you are seriously outnumbered and can get completely swarmed (say 30 vs 270). I also play on slightly higher difficulty settings (~112% difficulty, normal damage/mixed combat/good ai/fastest speed) so even weak units can still deal a few points of damage here and there, which adds up quickly on your AI controlled units.

I actually took a party of 120 to fight a 700+ Vanskerry army and with perfect micromanagement and everything, I still went through my entire stack before bringing their numbers below 100. I ended up having to kill the remaining 60-70 Vanskerries by myself since I was the only one alive. So I got 55 renown for killing that entire army. Post battle my party was something like (9/97). Repeating that experience 5 times isn't really feasible.

With vanilla PoP settings and 150 battle size and normal reinforcement, this fight would've lasted multiple rounds in which I would've farmed ~40-55 renown per round for several rounds, before tapering off, for a net renown of easily 150-200+ That's why I'm considering 4x.

InfinityV said:

Just noticed that it's basically impossible for me to complete the 250 renown KO quests. Just wondering what adjustments I should make to renown in TweakMB (I'm currently thinking 4x) Any tips/advice appreciated, thanks!
To maximize your renown, set it to minimum battle size and 0 reinforcements (and solo everyone by yourself).  Anything in between is in between.  Adjust and find out what you're happy with.

Bravado said:
InfinityV said:

To maximize your renown, set it to minimum battle size and 0 reinforcements (and solo everyone by yourself).  Anything in between is in between.  Adjust and find out what you're happy with.

The original renown thresholds were designed with <150 battle size and limited reinforcements in mind.  I'm looking for a "more or less balanced" multiplier that I can stick with for the rest of the game to reflect my battle size / reinforcements. But yes, I suppose that could work to finish the current quest.

Adjust and find out what you're happy with.  I was talking about the extreme end as I really wouldn't recommend that you solo packs of enemies and even armies.  That'll probably give you too much renown anyway.

What I use is 33 for the amount of renown you GET (3x as much) and a cap of 500 per battle, for when you're facing, say, 1000 vs 100. With a battle size of 600, I find that rather balanced. I also increase XP and money drops by 25% (75 each) so that's just what I use.

I feel your pain man. Battle sizer to 750. I just conquered Singal, it took a few attempts and retreats. The whole losing renown and honour, not really fair on those of us with huge battlesizers :razz:

I actually do the same thanks to enabling infinite reinforcements. It is especially notable when you are engaged in siege battles... As in the past I've gained +200 renown from repetitive siege battles.

I set it to x2 and make the renown cap ridiculously high.

And oddly enough, with 600 units I find it easier to survive in combat and don't have to worry about troops losing ammo as much. Lower battle size + infinite reinforcements generally means that sooner or later, your avatar is going to be isolated while you wait for reinforcements to spawn + reach you.

Back
Top Bottom