Mount&Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 7 - Imperial Declines

Users who are viewing this thread

This blog made me excited as hell again! The environment, and animations look superb! Keep it going, Taleworlds!:grin:

The first picture makes me think they'll put down a lot more work for city-exploration which the earlier games missed out almost completly. There looks to be two armed guards on patrol, maybe you can actually attack them and get arrested ( or die ) sort of like in the elder scrolls games. Maybe we can steal stuff, and interact with NPCs. And maybe they'll implement an actual Walking-mode so we can go through town all cool-like in our fancy armor.

I shouldn't get myself too excited, this is just speculations. But if there is one thing the older games lacked it was this.

+Varsung+ said:
You can walk in Warband as well. Just zoom in with shift and you'll walk

Yeah I know, but that focuses it on the head, but you can press the §-key too (underneath ESC) which zooms it out, but then you're static and can't rotate/turn direction so it's really clunky. I want a solid Walking-mode as those that exist in most other RPGs.

MrTurk said:
Do not look here said:
Oh, oh, oh, I want to make my shot too! Here it goes:

Vlandians = Vlandians
Sturgians = Sturgians
Aserai = Aserai
Khuzaits = Khuzaits
Battanians = Battanians
Empire = Empire
I think;
Vlandians=Vaegirs&Swadians
Sturgians=Of course Nords
Aserai=Sarranid
Khuzaits=Khergits
Battanians=Rhodoks
Empire=All

1378503123498705_animate.gif

SulleDrake said:
+Varsung+ said:
You can walk in Warband as well. Just zoom in with shift and you'll walk

Yeah I know, but that focuses it on the head, but you can press the §-key too (underneath ESC) which zooms it out, but then you're static and can't rotate/turn direction so it's really clunky. I want a solid Walking-mode as those that exist in most other RPGs.

Rebind the zoom key to something like Caps Lock. Shift will still make you walk, while Caps Lock will make you run while zooming.

Why there is no closed beta or early acess or something ? I really want to beta-test game now :]
Also why TW didn't tell us what the actual state of the game, is it alpha, pre-alpha or something more. More than 2+ years in development.

Partizan_Rusi said:
Why there is no closed beta or early acess or something ? I really want to beta-test game now :]

I think their waiting to surprise everyone. Their being pretty closed doors about the combat and battlefield ai so far, most likely because that's what their working the hardest to impress everyone with on the new engine and all.  Obviously WE would all buy bannerlord in its current state, but how many newcomers would they snag onto a game that looks (possibly plays) half finished? Check out those screenshots, they do look very nice, the lighting and the environments are very impressive, but then look at that meat hanging from the shop window, those nonexistent fingers on those npc's, doesn't seem to be at an early-access point yet (though i wouldn't put it past steam to release it as is). besides, even if they finished putting in the last of the combat ai, there is still a lot of testing that goes into these things, bug-fixing and such (again, the new engine). Putting it on early access means showing it to the world in its ugliest, buggiest, least refined form, pretty much eliminating the hype they've worked so hard to cultivate so far.

People keep saying that they want it to be released today, but what they really want is for it to be finished today, and that is pretty unlikely. It seems to me that their current strategy is to release just enough of a trickle of information to keep the hardcore fans interested while they work o the game, then on release they come out like gangbusters.

They could give some new mechanic news if the graphic isn't polished yet (to me seems already ok).
The beta will be after the gameplay trailer.

Please, dont make us wait 3 months for another blog. i mean...its a blog for fudge sake, not gameplay or a beta....
We're not asking much (at all ¬_¬) but, a gameplay trailer would certainly be nice :grin:

mb89-s.jpg
I think that doors and balconys are too high, for example, the buthcher's "door" is way too high. I think it wasn't like that in those times.
I'm loving the new animations, they make the game much more alive.
I also think that womens should be wearing something on their heads in that faction.

Maybe the door is big because he needs to get an entire cow there to proceed with his job. or maybe not, I don't know about ancient butchering.

Docm30 said:
I prefer no Vikings, thank you very much.

Why not? It certainly fits the timeframe, even moreso than warband. It always bugged me how 'old-fashioned' the kingdom of the nords was considering it was supposed to be from the 1300's, but now we're setting the game spiritually in the appropriate timeframe (600's-1100's), now would be the best time for it.

Back
Top Bottom