I have a question.

Users who are viewing this thread

There is no "place in the source code" to add factions; you vastly underestimate the scope of that feature. The current limitation on factions in PW (2 static categories, up to 8 factions) is coded into many different formats and scripts throughout the module system design, which are in turn limited by things like the scene prop value sizes (2 7-bit values, or 2 values from 0 - 127) and the layout of the player stats chart, which took a lot of time to make. It would be possible to start a massive redesign of PW to include more factions, but you would have to remove or reduce other systems which rely on the current formats: such as price multipliers set by scene makers, the method of linking teleport doors, "flags" to customise how certain scene props work, etc.

In other words, don't bother unless you are willing to spend years rewriting PW into something quite different.

Vornne said:
There is no "place in the source code" to add factions; you vastly underestimate the scope of that feature. The current limitation on factions in PW (2 static categories, up to 8 factions) is coded into many different formats and scripts throughout the module system design, which are in turn limited by things like the scene prop value sizes (2 7-bit values, or 2 values from 0 - 127) and the layout of the player stats chart, which took a lot of time to make. It would be possible to start a massive redesign of PW to include more factions, but you would have to remove or reduce other systems which rely on the current formats: such as price multipliers set by scene makers, the method of linking teleport doors, "flags" to customise how certain scene props work, etc.

In other words, don't bother unless you are willing to spend years rewriting PW into something quite different.
Thank you very much ,you are my hero.
And I have another question
I want two scenarios items associated reduction through the use of an item of gold allows players to get a key to the door can achieve it? I come from China and China's lack of multiplayer MOD personnel, if you please help me if you can write a simple code? Thank you very much!

JasonChow1990 said:
I want two scenarios items associated reduction through the use of an item of gold allows players to get a key to the door can achieve it? I come from China and China's lack of multiplayer MOD personnel, if you please help me if you can write a simple code? Thank you very much!
Sorry, no: I generally don't write code for people on request, only help explain problems people have when trying to write their own code.

I also think that enabling players to spend money to lock parts of the game world indefinitely is a bad design, and contradicts the intention and purpose of PW: it is a dynamic interactive environment for the players that are currently connected at the time to work together in, not a static environment for solitary money grinders to show off how many months or years they have wasted doing meaningless things (that is a very different sort of game). You would quickly find that the scene would be filled with "player houses" filled with junk that makes the server and clients lag, but most of the owners are offline most of the time, making the game world smaller and performance worse.

Vornne said:
JasonChow1990 said:
Sorry, no: I generally don't write code for people on request, only help explain problems people have when trying to write their own code.

I also think that enabling players to spend money to lock parts of the game world indefinitely is a bad design, and contradicts the intention and purpose of PW: it is a dynamic interactive environment for the players that are currently connected at the time to work together in, not a static environment for solitary money grinders to show off how many months or years they have wasted doing meaningless things (that is a very different sort of game). You would quickly find that the scene would be filled with "player houses" filled with junk that makes the server and clients lag, but most of the owners are offline most of the time, making the game world smaller and performance worse.
You say makes sense, I understand

Back
Top Bottom