Horse Archery question

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alundra

Regular
someone please explain to me how does the stat Horse Archery actually work? im getting confused of its meaning in game. does it really reduce damage from projectiles if i have this stat?

Horse archery improves the way you shoot when riding a horse into battle. When the horse is running, your less accurate, this skill will make you more accurate, and over all, more effective. Its a recommended skill.

i find horse archering too much time consuming. and it feels like a waste of skill points because it becomes useless on siege. i wish weapon mastery had that effect

It helps if you plan on being a king and helping your nobles from being butt wiped. when my horse is running my circle is almost perfectly accurate, when its trotting its perfect. Its only at level 6, and a archery profen. of like 240.

i liked being an archer when i first started the game but you can gain more faster kills and with a sword. maybe i use my bow when i go on a rescue missions. but using a bow during normal skirmish is not that good it gets in the way of commanding my units. the formations of units gets scattered from time to time so i need to use my hero to rally the units and reform formations. it can really get bad when some of my cavalries charge inside the enemy base and end up dying or wounded. horse archery would be good for companions but still a waste of skill points i'd rather put it to weapon mastery, iron flesh and strike/draw

If anything, it helps commanding. You can set up your troops fast by holding position immieditaly, find the lay of the land, and set up. If theres a Calvary Charge against you with lances, just shoot the calvary, they will pull up their lances when they are hit, and save a life.

Nah, I'm with the other guy. Archery is really rather overrated. It takes two skills and a proficiency to use effectively, proficiency grows slowly in combat, the ammo is limited, and ultimately it's just not as useful for clearing the field as couching lance and running around in circles until everything is dead. If you want to play sniper during a siege, just use a crossbow.

When a cross bow is insanely slower, can have less damage than a skill fill bow men, less accurate and expensive? A bow is far better. Its truly worth the points. I dont miss. I clear more than the field. I clear all of the field. Facing up against 80 some bandits, 30 will be dead before they hit my Calvary.

Crossbows aren't as good as bows, but they can be quite lethal in sieges and don't require you to build your entire character around them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom