Some Crash Fixes for low-end pcs

Users who are viewing this thread

Alex the Seeker

Sergeant at Arms
Hello, so i had for a few months (around 2 ) constant crashes and performance issues on a low end laptop :
-spec:

Manufacturer: Lenovo
Processor: I3CPU  M370 2.40ghz
GPU:  Intel(R) HD Graphics
RAM:  2 GB (1.87 usable)
Windows: Win7 Ultimate

so few days ago i found some fixes that got rid of all the  crashes including Texture errors, C++ and Direct3d crashes :

1st:
""If you have an AMD or Intel with hyperthreading combined with vista/windows 7 it is possible that windows sets some of your cores in a state called parked. For gaming you do not want this to happen.

To determine if your machine has parked cores you must check resources:
ctrl+alt+delete>Performance>Resource Monitor

Note the cpu that says parked. If it does not it most likely will not work and any fps gain is a "placebo" effect caused by the heavy impact of playermodels on the fps.

To unpark I recommend creating a NEW power profile for planetside2 and then apply the new setting only to this profile by using the following tool (set it to 100)
http://bitsum.com/about_cpu_core_parking.php""

aparently most I3 CPUs benefit from this, for some reason my cores were constantly in Parked mode, so their usage was 0.

2nd
""Bonus: Prevent crashes on 32bit OS
It is possible your planetside2 will crash on a 32bit OS becomes the game uses more ram than allowed by a 32bit OS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzgOmy6vsoE
""

note: this was taken from planetside2 forum link here > https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/index.php?threads/planetside-2-performance-guide-only-settings-that-actually-do-something.59528/

3rd:

i properly set my Page File for the amount of ram i have  - google that  :mrgreen:

so as of now i can play how many hours i want in Perisno with no crashes or texture errors 

hope this helps someone, because it surely did helped me  :smile:

yeah but i capped it at 30 fps, ofc i get about 5-10 seconds freeze at start of Big battles or big sieges (talking 150 troops battle size), but then rarely i drop below 30.

note here (forgot): aparently i have problems with Water on the battlefiled, whenever there is a river, my fps is like capped to 15 or sth o.o, and the characters are a bit laggy, but non-water stable 30 fps  :mrgreen:

Froi said:
Why would you cap FPS at 30 lol.  I have a junky laptop and I can get around 100 FPS.

because my fps is not constant if it goes over 30, and  if it suddenly drops from 60 to 40 then goes to 45 then goes back to 60 will be very nasty for me atleast so i`m content to have it capped at 30 and be stable.

Froi said:
Why would you cap FPS at 30 lol.  I have a junky laptop and I can get around 100 FPS.
fps over 60 is useless numbers... you simply can't see more frames. And most of laptops have trashy displays, without possibility to see true 60 fps quality, so caping at 45 is optimal measure for them (except some gaming and professional devices).

Back
Top Bottom