pendor units =_=

Users who are viewing this thread

Oussamarer

Regular
is there a tweak or something to make my villages always give me my nation troops like ravenstern troops because i really really really hate the pendor ones
P.S: please dont reply with : pendor troops are good when used right and stuff like that because i really get frusrated when they say it
P.S2: no , i dont have a castle or a town so i cant recruit pendor nobleman so avoid that reply too please  :cool:

First off where are you even recruting pendor units from?  As far as I know before starting your own kingdom the only way to get pendor troops is rasing farmers and refugees that you got from prison stacks. Normally when you start your own kingdom they ask you what culture you would like to use and if you wanted to use ravenstern troops you would select kingdom of ravenstern, and if you change your mind you can revert to another culture by talking to your chancellor and the cost of doing so is 30000 denars and I think either a rep hit with every village in the kingdom or just the ones you personally own. But if you are somehow starting a kingdom while just only a village (is that even possible?) then I don't know if the chancellor will be available to you since there is no way to talk to him through the menu screen and no place to find him if you don't have a castle or town.  And in the case you haven't started your own kingdom then technically you should be only getting troops from a village based on geographic location.

Crazyflyingpanda said:
First off where are you even recruting pendor units from?  As far as I know before starting your own kingdom the only way to get pendor troops is rasing farmers and refugees that you got from prison stacks. Normally when you start your own kingdom they ask you what culture you would like to use and if you wanted to use ravenstern troops you would select kingdom of ravenstern, and if you change your mind you can revert to another culture by talking to your chancellor and the cost of doing so is 30000 denars and I think either a rep hit with every village in the kingdom or just the ones you personally own. But if you are somehow starting a kingdom while just only a village (is that even possible?) then I don't know if the chancellor will be available to you since there is no way to talk to him through the menu screen and no place to find him if you don't have a castle or town.  AND in the case you haven't started your own kingdom then technically you should be only getting troops from a village based on geographic location.
thx for the reply
to make things clearer i am with ravenstern kingdom ( a vassle or however you say it )  and when i joined the king gave me shatesma or whatever its name is ( its the village near ravenstern the city ) and i raised my rep with it to 70 and now they are giving me like 16 pendor bowman but i really like to get those 16 people as ravenstern guys and i really dont want to raise my relation to other lords villages cuz that would be a pain in the ass

That's kind of weird when I was a vassal for the Empire whenever I recruited from my village I got empire recruits.  I honestly don't know a ton about this game or M&B overall so someone else is probably going to have to help you there since I have no clue what the issue is.

well just to help you , in native if you own a village you get nation troops like if you get a village from swidians then you will recruit swidian recruits from it , but in this mod if you get a village you have a 20% to get that faction recruits wich is in my case ravenstern recruits and you also have a 80% to get pendor recruits so you are very lucky as you said you always get empire recruits  :smile:

sooo eh you mean do bad stuff for my own village ?  :roll:
P.S : i really want to get ravenstern people at a high number

The split is 80/20% chance upon each recruitment trigger.

80% to get troops of the current faction owner (=ravenstern, in your case)
20% to get troops of the earlier faction owner (=ravenstern, in your case)

So you should be getting Ravenstern recruits each time you visit the location.
So are you sure you told the whole truth and not mistaking units?
:mrgreen:

Recruit and disband the troops.
Another good way to get multiple recruits is to draft just before you cash in a village quest (another draft afterwards) and during doing the train the peasants quest (multiple draftings possible as the draft trigger resets immediately instead of 2-3 days).

noosers said:
The split is 80/20% chance upon each recruitment trigger.

80% to get troops of the current faction owner (=ravenstern, in your case)
20% to get troops of the earlier faction owner (=ravenstern, in your case)

So you should be getting Ravenstern recruits each time you visit the location.
So are you sure you told the whole truth and not mistaking units?
:mrgreen:

Recruit and disband the troops.
Another good way to get multiple recruits is to draft just before you cash in a village quest (another draft afterwards) and during doing the train the peasants quest (multiple draftings possible as the draft trigger resets immediately instead of 2-3 days).
i dont know but i was using an old version of pendor and i updated it today and i started again if that  helps

Noosers:

That only applies when you are not the owner of the village in question. If you own the village, it is an 80% chance to get your personal culture's troops (which in this case is Pendorian), and 20% chance to get troops of the original owner's culture. At least, that was true as of July 2, 2012. Not sure if that's been fiddled with since then.

It hasn´t. But I had the impression the dude complained about beeing a Ravenstern vassal and getting too many Pendor troops - which should be impossible. I reckon he either picked the wrong background choice or successfully confused me.

And tons of Ravenstern troops to be rescued from lost caravans or prisoners.

noosers said:
It hasn´t. But I had the impression the dude complained about beeing a Ravenstern vassal and getting too many Pendor troops - which should be impossible. I reckon he either picked the wrong background choice or successfully confused me.

And tons of Ravenstern troops to be rescued from lost caravans or prisoners.
but dude to rescue prisoners i need troops and i dont have good troops

Oussamarer said:
but dude MostMightilyReveredElucidatedHighness noosers, to rescue prisoners i need troops and i dont have good troops

Pick your fights more carefully. Read the popwiki which is linked in the masterlinks thread or do a search about good starting strategies, like hiring a few mercenary units, which are the difference early game.

yeah i assembeld a good army of 120 good tier soldiers and found a fierds castle with 120 garrison only but right at the moment i was going to besiege it the king made piece  :shock:
goddammit

Back
Top Bottom